Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What do you MOST like about WoD?

Here is the contrasting question to my other question about what you most dislike about WoD.

What do you like about WoD that you would like to be seen carried over into Legion?

For me, although most of the MMO-C community doesnt like Garrisons, I really like some of the features of the Garrison. I think having some sort of version of it going forward would be awesome.

Things to make garrisons better going forward:

1) Account wide - Make many of the features account wide. Maybe the herbs / mine nodes could be account wide with an added amount of herbs / ore per node per alt with that building.

2) Less facebook game, more player action - I love the idea that your followers in the class hall will go out and find opportunities for you to go do something. Then you accept that as a quest, and you go out in the world to do it. Sounds like a good balance. Maybe the followers can have specalities that has a higher chance of finding you a quest that has a large gold reward, or a toy reward or what not.

3) You pay for your buildings once on your main, buildings are free or reduced significantly on your alts

4) No trade chat / defense chat in garrison. Gets people to go out and go into the main city. However, I believe most ppl will gravitate toward being in Dalaran in the next expansion.

I also liked NO FLIGHT until a certain point in the expansion. I cant tell you how many times I had PvP battles in Nagrand, and not having the pussy I was fighting get out of combat and take 1.5 sec to mount up and fly in the air was awesome while it lasted. I chased a ton of horde on my mountain goat, and with my stables, I always had a speed advantage. I cant wait for the PvP changes in the expansion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't you ever get tired of this?

I mean.. I saw the title on the front page and I knew for certain who was posting it.

Deleted
    I love the fact that the game is so bad that it made me quit so i can have more time for RL stuff.

Here is a list of things that make WoD great:

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hope they carry the story driven questing and speedy levelling over. It's nice to get levelling over and done with quickly whilst having a decent story to make it worth doing.

I think we need Guild housing, that would be awesome. A combination between Tera + Wildstar - for guilds only - personal housing just causes player isolation.

The best part about WoD is that it's almost over.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of this?

I mean.. I saw the title on the front page and I knew for certain who was posting it.
    Why cant you just be a constructive poster and not just post shit in a thread you dont like? How about being a little fucking optimistic instead of negative all the time? Why not try to find SOMETHING you like about the expansion rather than shitting on everything about the expansion? If you dont like the thread, fuck off and dont post in it. Thats as simple as I can get.

Pretty much nothing. Soundtrack is decent and thats it
    Last edited by Einsz; 2016-02-04 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote Jaylock and make WoD great again!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How about being a little fucking optimistic instead of negative all the time?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Deleted
    Soundtrack

Leveling - well produced main story narrative with cutscenes but also lots of freeform "on the side" stuff (treasures+rares)

Visual upgrades - zones, spell effects, textures and new character models

I loved the Garrison... Yup its true. I think they could've been executed much better though. I wanted more customization, more player interaction, and simply more control. I think its a great concept that could be expanded on in the future. I'm sad that so many people hate on it.

I love the story driven quest lines in every zone. While I felt like the lore was extremely convoluted overall with the whole "alternate timeline" thing, the dark portal opening... again, bad guys becoming good guys super fast, and our inability to deal with Garrosh in MoP, I loved how directed I felt while leveling. Every zone I knew what was going. I knew who I was working for, why I was working for him/her, and what I was trying to accomplish. Add to that the fact that there were ample of cut-scenes and interesting dialogue and you've got a great recipe for success.
    Some of my favorite quest moments:

-Admiral Taylor's death: I loved Taylor and was sad to see him go. I thought having his ghost as a follower was hilarious though. I also loved finding the horde follower that was buried in that garrison.

-Shadow moon valley: This while zone rocked. I felt like I really got to know the Dranei characters. Would've been cool to learn even more about them though

-The boat in Shattrah where Marad died. Super cool!

-The little girl whose parents died in Nagrand... sadness

Overall I thought the questing experience rocked

Another thing I loved was both the treasure system and the bonus objective. I would love if they expanded on this to have treasures spawn more randomly like nodes (but rarer of course), and for bonus events not to be so static. Events that attracted additional players would be cool. These two things really helped bring variety to the leveling experience.

I realize that a lot of people might disagree with pretty much everything I've said and thats ok. I don't really play wow for the social aspect of the MMO, I play because I love the lore and the universe of Warcraft. Warcraft 2 and 3 were my childhood games. Unfortunately I didn't get into WoW until the latter end of Wrath of the Lich king, but I've loved it ever since. For me the game is much more about my characters journey and interaction with the world. I don't care so much about elite raiding or PvPing. I like those things and I participate very casually, but that is not what makes the game so fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highmaul
    HFC
    Toy box
    WoW token
    Leveling was fun
    HEROES NEVER DIE

It's at least not as bad as Cata was.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Combos point change for rogues.

Hnnngg. So good!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why cant you just be a constructive poster and not just post shit in a thread you dont like? How about being a little fucking optimistic instead of negative all the time? Why not try to find SOMETHING you like about the expansion rather than shitting on everything about the expansion? If you dont like the thread, fuck off and dont post in it. Thats as simple as I can get.
    ... Why didn't you do that from WOtlk-MoP? Dimwit.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-02-05 at 03:17 AM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Item level scaling up for pvp gear in all forms of pvp.

The sub money it saves me.

What do you like about WoD that you would like to be seen carried over into Legion?

Absolutely nothing.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock, why do you make so many threads that are almost identical to others?

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    The toy box gave me a good reason to delete my pointless level 82 horde panda shaman that had got lucky with the gorilla toy.

The garrison gave me more time to play 2014's and 2015's great games like the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4, and I finally finished games I had abandoned like Grand Theft Auto V.

WOD's lack of interesting and rewarding world content gave me a better reason to go to work for an hour or two on my days off when I was choosing which game to play after finishing one.

The WOW token and Garrison made it easier for me to decide to stop paying monthly for a game that took up 13 hours of my week, 12 being raiding, and the other one being my garrison chores.

Thanks to Warlords, I have been able to relocate my extra money to be spent on more deserving and promising game developers, who delivered in the games they released in the past two years.

Blizzard did an 11/10 job of making sure that their player would get to experience the masterpieces of the gaming industry.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it