Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    - Artwork was good, as per usual
    - Soundtrack also was solid
    - Main stat switching on armor; makes gearing other specs much easier, especially in terms of bag space. Only drawback is secondary stat optimization (since different specs will prioritize different secondaries), but I think the upside of this change outweighs that downside.
    - Account wide flying unlock; despite the grind, having to only do this one time and being done with it forever makes it a better "solution" (to what's a non-issue imo, hence the quotation) for flying. Saves me some gold I can apply towards tokens.
    - Toy Box and Heirloom tab

Doesn't change my overall opinion that WoD sucks major ass, but like Cata from years before, there are some slivers of diamond amongst the turd.

The only thing I really liked about WoD was that the dungeons were enjoyable and that the questing experience was excellent.

Almsot everything else was awful, including (and especially) the raid content. No flight was a moronic choice that the majority of the playerbase hated. Garrisons had promise, but for the most part were a failed experiment that likely won't get a second shot even though if it were refined, it could be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    - Artwork was good, as per usual
    - Soundtrack also was solid
    - Main stat switching on armor; makes gearing other specs much easier, especially in terms of bag space. Only drawback is secondary stat optimization (since different specs will prioritize different secondaries), but I think the upside of this change outweighs that downside.
    - Account wide flying unlock; despite the grind, having to only do this one time and being done with it forever makes it a better "solution" (to what's a non-issue imo, hence the quotation) for flying. Saves me some gold I can apply towards tokens.
    - Toy Box and Heirloom tab
    I want to add that these are also excellent features I hadn't really thought about. All are great, especially the toy box and heirloom tab. While I hated no flying, when they did add it in, I enjoyed working on the achievement and it applying immediately to all characters at any level.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    That it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    The only thing I really liked about WoD was that the dungeons were enjoyable and that the questing experience was excellent.

Almsot everything else was awful, including (and especially) the raid content. No flight was a moronic choice that the majority of the playerbase hated. Garrisons had promise, but for the most part were a failed experiment that likely won't get a second shot even though if it were refined, it could be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to add that these are also excellent features I hadn't really thought about. All are great, especially the toy box and heirloom tab. While I hated no flying, when they did add it in, I enjoyed working on the achievement and it applying immediately to all characters at any level.
    The way flying was handled by Blizz was the most facepalm and "wtf?" inducing conundrum since the Real ID fiasco. The sad thing is, had the current achievement-based plan for flight unlock been in place sooner (6.1, maybe sooner), it could've saved them some face.

It point blank killed any desire to play the game for extended periods of time, even during MoP I couldn't stay away longer than 2 months. I tried playing WoD once since Feb 2015 and I had to force myself to do stuff for a few days in order to try make use of the month sub fee.

What should be carried forward?

Only the art team's continual ability to impress more and more every xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    What do you MOST like about WoD?

The sub money it saves me.

What do you like about WoD that you would like to be seen carried over into Legion?

Absolutely nothing.
    Including 20M Mythic. Need to go back to 10m/25m.

The thing I've liked the most was that I've made a healthy sum of gold that has allowed me to buy stuff I'd previously had to agonizingly wait for as I slowly accumulated gold. And the introduction of the token, I'm quite happy to let someone else fund my sub.

I really enjoyed the questing experience for the first month or so. The world they created is beautiful and I enjoyed Highmaul. Nothing else stands out for me. For me WoD is the worst expac....it even surpassed Cata.

The questing experience, that is one thing I hope Blizzard bring forward and improve upon in Legion, because even with the silly time-travel theme it was rock-solid.

I truly believe WOD is the worst expansion so far. However there are a few things that I thought was awesome in WOD:

1. Quests - I think most people will agree WOD quests were fantastic.
    2. Transformation items (from JC) - this was the most fun item ever made in WOW imo
    3. Enginnering item to pull players ( forgot the name ) BEFORE the 1min CD nerf
    4. Mythic 5mans

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling experience was very good.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing was fun. It actually felt like an adventure for once instead of going around the world doing favors for people like some sort of charity worker. It was also surprisingly immersive believe it or not. The aesthetics of the game was nice too. Lots of detail went into the environment, characters, armor and weapons and everything just looks really nice. I would imagine things are going to look even better come Legion. Let me just add too how fucking gorgeous the Alliance garrison looks too especially at level 3. Props to the people who designed it. Actually makes me want to live in there it's so cozy. It's actually more of a small village than a garrison.

That's about all I can say that's good about WoD though. Was overall a disappointment. There was a time too when I was actually looking forward to this expansion.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-02-04 at 10:38 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    That it is ending soon.

Seriously though the only thing that I have liked about it is the additions to the holiday events this past year, and the toy box. That is all

Deleted
    i think its safe to say i like everything (music, theme, questing, lvling, art) EXCEPT for endgame which is always the problem with blizz, i.e (apexis grind, long term garrison problems, nothing to do etc..)

Deleted
    That it's nearly over.

So bad it gives me more time to play D3 and various other games like Armored Warfare and Witcher 3?

Seriously though, the zones were superb, the music was extremely good. End game raiding was quite nice. Anything else? Well.

Oh, and Garrisons won't be in the next expansion... Although they make easy gold if you set them up right.

Deleted
    The questing.
    The ingame cinematics.
    The music.

Look at it. Its glorious.

Are you telling me this isn't good? As long as they deliver an experience like this in the game, I will play it.

First thing that comes to mind is leveling, questing was pleasant.
    Bonus objective was awsome and tbh, the 300% exp pot was a nice addition, getting from 90 to 100 in just 2-3 hours was nice for alts.
    Raids looked alright, BRF was by far one of the best raids, really nice encounters. Highmaul was okay, HFC except Iskar and Xul were meh for me(us).
    Dungeons were beautiful, some very well thought encounters also. I wish they would improve and install Iron dock like dungeons where the last boss text is just hilarious and really good to read/hear. "I did not mean the cat!" Still makes me smile a bit when I run trough it.
    Garrison campaign- This is not mentioned much but I really enjoyed it. Alot of awsome quests. Bleach reference ftw also I guess.
    Hidden treasures and so on was a nice touch also, the fact that everyone are using the addon is a bit sad, cause whats the point of the world exploration and finding stuff while you just use a addon which puts a thingy on your map, you run there and loot it and off to the next one. Wish they would improve it and make it random places, like chests in apexis area in tanaan.(well they have set spawnpoints but they can improve that)
    Archelogy items being displayed on your garrison. Wish they added something similar but make em bigger, hard to see some little bowl on a table, weapons and stuff would be great to put on a wall, or a worgen head, or a gnome on a spike. Lots of options here.
    The premade group option is kinda nice. It has its bad sides and good sides but I kinda liked it.
    The proffesion leveling with WoD materials was a nice also. tho I think they try'd to start it from MoP with that blacksmith thingy. Otherwise proffesions were crappy.

Thats pretty much it, Just waiting for the guys soon to declare WoD was best x-pack ever when legion hits. Just like now with people crying that mop was best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock makes some good points, other than his usual crap about flying. Check your skies, folks, I think Wilbur's flying.

On-topic, I really like the new character models. I'd love to see the worgen and goblins updated; they feel stiff and the female worgen in particular needs a lot of work to be up to par even with the other Cataclysm models, never mind the pandaren and updated models. The art team hit one home run after another throughout WoD; I've said before and I'll say again they carried this expansion, as did the quest design team (who were working with a plot that could've been so much better if Blizzard read a few better Elseworld tales).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!