Feedback on Holy Paladin parse

Hey guys,

Hoping someone has a minute to take a look at one night of logs for our Holy Paladin and provide some feedback. He wants to improve, but doesn't seem to think he's doing much wrong. What do you guys think the issue could be?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&boss=-2

This is from a full night with a mix of upper heroic and early mythic.

Thank you guys in advance!

Hey evotech,

We have a specific thread for these kinds of posts called Fix my heals, but I can still help here.

The biggest reasons his HPS is low is cooldown management and just not casting enough. I can't check his actual gear on the armory because he's in Ret gear and some fishing gear, but I can see that he has the Archimonde trinket, 721 item level, and he has the 4-piece buff, so I assume he has decent gear.

1. Casts Per Minute (CPM) -- This number should be at least ~40 for early Mythic and then 45+ for later Mythic bosses. He had 30 for Hellfire Assault, 28 on Iron Reaver, and 31 for Kormrok. You can definitely be higher at his (presumed) gear level. For comparison, he's at 721 ilvl with only 28 CPM on Iron Reaver, and on our first kill of Iron Reaver, I was ilvl 709 with 38 CPM.

2. Holy Shock -- The cooldown of Holy Shock is probably less than 4.5 seconds with his 4-piece buff active. On the Archimonde kill, he used Holy Shock 49 times in a 5:55 fight. That's once every 7.2 seconds. That's waaaaaay too long. Everything about the Holy Paladin rotation is to maximize the number of Holy Shocks you can cast. This should be much closer to once every 4.5 seconds.

3. Holy Prism -- Generally, you want to keep Holy Prism as close to on cooldown as possible. It will always be better to wait a few seconds for more damage, but not longer than ~5 seconds. On the Iron Reaver kill, he only used Holy Prism 8 out of a possible 16 times. He used Prism better on Archimonde, but that Iron Reaver kill is not great.

4. Avenging Wrath -- For any fight with consistent damage (like H Archimonde or M Iron Reaver), you typically want to use Avenging Wrath at the first sign of reasonable damage and then on cooldown after that. On both, he used Avenging Wrath really late into the encounter (0:54 and 1:54 respectively). If he used it earlier in the pull he would have been able to get off another full duration.

I also don't think he understands that there's a rotation that we usually try to follow to maximize healing between each Holy Shock cooldown. His cast sequences were really sporadic and probably why his Holy Shock usage is so low. You can find more about the rotation here.

Edit: It also looks like he didn't have Beacon active on both tanks at some times, and it also looks like he didnt have Seal of Insight active for a lot of fights. If you change talents or glyphs, it resets your seals, so you have to reapply it. See here.