Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

New Hampshire primary this Tuesday

Anyone else interested in this? Unlike Iowa's caucus process ballots are secret in the New Hampshire primary, you can tell everyone you are voting for Bernie, go into the poll, pull the curtain and vote for Trump and nobody will know.

Nasty weather may play a factor, not sure if they have mail in ballots.

Many candidates will drop out if they don't have a good showing, Bush has to win, Kasich, etc.

Bernie and Trump are way ahead in the polling.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be another close one on the Dem side, but with Sanders winning this one

As for the reps, I can see Cruz or Trump winning, but I expect a similar 3 way split with Rubio.

Looks like Bernie and Trump are winning as predicted. NH is a real left wing place, like Vermont, Bernie's home state. No surprises.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Big hype for Bernie.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Thankfully tonight is the climax of Berniemania, and we can move on to the main event of his throngs of makebelieve "I too am a Social Democrat just like Bernie!" wannabes feeling dejected due to how the map looks for him after New Hampshire.

I never though Ron Paul's obnoxious supporters (who all forgot aobut his long history of race baiting and anti-abortion extremism, just because they wanted their legal weed) would be topped. Boy was I wrong.

Deleted
    coming from the other side of the pond, im not really interested in your politics.
    tbh, its the same bs whoever gets in & the world wonders where & when the next war is going to be, that your nation blindly leads others into.

[Infracted - Post Constructively]
    Last edited by Annoying; 2016-02-09 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Thankfully tonight is the climax of Berniemania, and we can move on to the main event of his throngs of makebelieve "I too am a Social Democrat just like Bernie!" wannabes feeling dejected due to how the map looks for him after New Hampshire.

I never though Ron Paul's obnoxious supporters (who all forgot aobut his long history of race baiting and anti-abortion extremism, just because they wanted their legal weed) would be topped. Boy was I wrong.
    So, so true. I don't think I have despised any group of supporters in decades more than Team Sanders, and I'm a Democrat.
    Also looking forward to New Hampshire as peak Sanders. I expect him to win by a landslide here, but considering he blew all his cooldowns in Iowa and lost there, you never know.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    [Infracted - Post Constructively]
    1st infraction for 18 months, quite chuffed & surprised it took that long.

I agree with this to an extent, although I don't really hate Bernie or (all) his ideas. I just think he's completely unrealistic and would be unable to work with the other side. Say what you will about Hillary, but at least she's a moderate, which gives her a better chance of actually getting things done. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see Washington politics be more liberal, but I just don't think there's much of a chance of that happening anytime soon.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://edition.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/nh/Dem

For live view. There's a button on top to swap between D&R

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna watch the Repubs. I wanna see how well or not Kasich does, since this is typically moderate territory and he needs this.

Although dunno how Trump is doing so well, other than the fact that he's not an evangelical.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    If you want change then vote for change... this logic is baffling. You don't think it can change so your only mechanism for enforcing change is to.. vote establishment..
    Except Bernie's perscription for change is dead wrong. it's fanciful. It's not even good fiction. It's math dumb fiction.

Expanding Medicare to cover all Americans to the tune of $1.3 trillion a year. I WANT Universal Healthcare. Over my dead body would I ever go for something remotely that costly. Do it for $250 billion and we'll talk. $1.3 trillion though? I'm sorry, the idea isn't that important to me. It just isn't.

But i mean this is all part of the old Wizard's ongoing magic truck... a gigantic wishlist of things that would be wonderful with fanciful ways to pay for them.

Except budgets are never wishlists. They are a balance of priorities.

So you dislike people who support the man who most aligns with their political beliefs?

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding is that New Hampshire has a far better record of predicting the actual nominee than Ohio. Although it's hard to see how Bernie will end up the Dem nominee as he faces a real uphill battle after this.

I think the real question on the table is who survives the GOP primary and will they be in a position to get enough votes after being pushed further and further right in the primary. I think this really is what hurts the GOP the most in national elections -- the primaries are so fringe-y that it's hard to not look ridiculous when walking it back after it's done. It certainly didn't help Romney any.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So you dislike people who support the man who most aligns with their political beliefs?
    What's wrong with that?

Unless there's a major upset, the winners of this state are pretty well defined. What will be more interesting to watch is the runner ups on the GOP side. There's a lot at stake for those guys. Rubio strongly needs a second-place finish to show he's viable for the establishment support (and after getting kneecaped by Christie at the last debate). A second place finish for Cruz could cement him as the viable alternative to Trump and boost him in to part front runner. Bush needs any showing at all to stay in the race.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    No. I just dislike the hype surrounding him. And I ESPECIALLY dislike this ridiculous and overly dramatic 'Revolution' nonsense.

People are of course, free to support whoever they like and matches their beliefs.

But this Revolution talk is disgusting, not to mention deluded and ignorant. Revolutions have a habit of being a bloody mess. They're not some wonderful thing and "the good guys" win a lot less often than some would like to think.

Furthermore there is no evidence this country is ripe for "revolution". What it is is hungry for fairly modest reform in certain key areas (and dramatic reform in others).

And the other part of that other Revolution bit, is the ignorant bit. You see "President Sanders" would have a problem on his hands. He would be President of a country, about half of which will hate his guts. Revolutionaries have a habit of trampling that half. This country won't stand for that. It's in fact, deeply insulting to the Americans who disagree with him on a philosophical level. It's total slash and burn politics on Sander's part. His would have to compromise to be their President too, but revolutions, especially the one he is describing, don't compromise. They steamroll.

Look I agree with some of what Sanders says, but we share this country with abortion hating, climate change denying, small-government minded Patriots who have legitimate political beliefs as well, and have a right to see those reflected in their government, through a process of negotiation and compromise by both parties. The word for that is _fair_.

Revolutions have no room for that. The talk of it, ironically, is basically anti-American as this is a country founded on compromise among diverse parties and diverse interests. The monolithic Sanders "revolution" platform is simply illegitimate in the context of America's wider political history.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2016-02-09 at 07:03 PM.

No. I just dislike the hype surrounding him. And I ESPECIALLY dislike this ridiculous and overly dramatic 'Revolution' nonsense.

People are of course, free to support whoever they like and matches their beliefs.

But this Revolution talk is disgusting, not to mention deluded and ignorant. Revolutions have a habit of being a bloody mess. They're not some wonderful thing and "the good guys" win a lot less often than some would like to think.

Furthermore there is no evidence this country is ripe for "revolution". What it is is hungry for fairly modest reform in certain key areas (and dramatic reform in others).

And the other part of that other Revolution bit, is the ignorant bit. You see "President Sanders" would have a problem on his hands. He would be President of a country, about half of which will hate his guts. Revolutionaries have a habit of trampling that half. This country won't stand for that. It's in fact, deeply insulting to the Americans who disagree with him on a philosophical level. It's total slash and burn politics on Sander's part.

Look I agree with some of what Sanders says, but we share this country with abortion hating, climate change denying, small-government minded Patriots who have legitimate political beliefs as well, and have a right to see those reflected in their government, through a process of negotiation and compromise by both parties

Revolutions have no room for that. The talk of it, ironically, is basically anti-American as this is a country founded on compromise among diverse parties and diverse interests. The monolithic Sanders "revolution" platform is simply illegitimate.
    I don't think people are talking a literal revolution. They're talking about a revolution of ideas.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    My understanding is that New Hampshire has a far better record of predicting the actual nominee than Ohio. Although it's hard to see how Bernie will end up the Dem nominee as he faces a real uphill battle after this.
    My state is best, only missed one president in 1978, but we don't vote until Feb I think.

-- Capt. Copeland

I'm going to start a movement to have all of Oregon vote for Glitterhoof, as a protest that Oregon's voting doesn't matter 90% of the time. :P