Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Horizontal and Vertical line on screen

RUH ROH!

Actually, this isn't on a computer monitor but rather on my TV. It's a Samsung 40" Smart TV Model # UN40EH5300F and is a little over two years old. Fairly new but old enough to be out of warranty.

The issue started at some point today. I first thought it was an input issue so I fiddled around with those settings and disconnected to satellite receiver but no luck. I even gave it a gentle love tap but no love. These aren't thick lines either; We're talking about 1 pixel wide and where they intersect, the slightly lighter vertical line changes to green. There's no other signs of distortion either.

I'm about to MacGyver some shit but any input/suggestions are appreciated.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-02-05 at 07:29 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    RUH ROH!

Actually, this isn't on a computer monitor but rather on my TV. It's a Samsung 40" Smart TV Model # UN40EH5300F and is a little over two years old. Fairly new but old enough to be out of warranty.

The issue started at some point today. I first thought it was an input issue so I fiddled around with those settings and disconnected to satellite receiver but no luck. I even gave it a gentle love tap but no love. These aren't thick lines either; We're talking about 1 pixel wide and where they intersect, the slightly lighter vertical line changes to green. There's no other signs of distortion either.

I'm about to MacGyver some shit but any input/suggestions are appreciated.
    I'm a little confused. I understand it's a TV doing this not a monitor, but not sure what you have it plugged in to. Is it a computer causing this or anything you plug in to it?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All input options are met with lines. Even with all inputs disconnected and sitting in the diagnostic screen, it still has those lines so it's definitely a local hardware issue.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    All input options are met with lines. Even with all inputs disconnected and sitting in the diagnostic screen, it still has those lines so it's definitely a local hardware issue.
    At that point I think either the TV is toast or you can take it to a TV repair shop. Opening up a TV and repairing it yourself is something you should not really do.

The same thing happened to my dad's samsung tv. It will start to get worse over time.

Push (hard) on the bezel where the lines come from. My TV gets this too from time to time. I just push on the bezel and it goes away for a week or two