Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Roots are super good. Also if you have a double war or some sort of poke team, it works well. He has a ton of sustain healing.

Also, whenever I play support, I have to go "heal spec" in qm's cause otherwise I feel like im wasting a healer slot. Id love to try some sort of "moonkin" spec tho haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Roots are super good. Also if you have a double war or some sort of poke team, it works well. He has a ton of sustain healing.

Also, whenever I play support, I have to go "heal spec" in qm's cause otherwise I feel like im wasting a healer slot. Id love to try some sort of "moonkin" spec tho haha.
    I've gone full Moonfire in a vs AI game before. My daily was support(my least favorite role) and I wasn't feeling like playing Tyrande or Kharazim(my fave supports) so I went Malf. Then the game readies and I see my group consists of me, Diablo, Morales, Lili, and Azmodan. Since we already had 2 full on healers I was like, what the hell, full Moonfire it is. Damage was actually pretty impressive, but I wouldn't care to try it against actual players unless I got some weird 3x support grouping like that...

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    His healing takes way too long to kick in. If you get jumped by the enemy team there's no way he can get you out of it. He lacks any stuns, his W is pretty much useless and both his healing spells are HoTs.

Why would I play Malfurion over the likes of Uther, Morales, Rehgar, Kara?
    While he is strong, you can much rather play Rehgar. Why? Because Rehgar is broken right now.

Malfurion is nice to have along with a expensive caster such as Zagara/Li Ming/Kael'Thas. And he is useful for a multitude of healing over time. But most other supports outperform him.

But.. Hey, he is at least a bit better than brightwing?..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I've gone full Moonfire in a vs AI game before. My daily was support(my least favorite role) and I wasn't feeling like playing Tyrande or Kharazim(my fave supports) so I went Malf. Then the game readies and I see my group consists of me, Diablo, Morales, Lili, and Azmodan. Since we already had 2 full on healers I was like, what the hell, full Moonfire it is. Damage was actually pretty impressive, but I wouldn't care to try it against actual players unless I got some weird 3x support grouping like that...
    Full Moonfire works in VS AI (well anything works), as it just makes the game go faster. However, I've seen some people do full oonfire in HL - once we had a Triple support team with no warrior (I was Li Li, others were Malf and Tass) and he Malfurion player just went full damage build with roots and moonfire and just started soloing waves in lanes. His soloing did help us with XP gains. We won that game with our core down to 95%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    While he is strong, you can much rather play Rehgar. Why? Because Rehgar is broken right now.
    Yeah, if your team drafts melee, it's still workable with Rehgar as you can just talent LS and hack away. He will be nerfed a bit so If you can get some games on him, I suggest you make the most of it.

I would play him because he is fun and I have played a lot of games with him, so I am better with him than the options that are considered better in the meta, which barely seems to exist in this game.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    His W is actually quite good. Long range, low manacost, low cooldown, Is pretty much instant. It has many uses like:
    Getting an enemy out of stealth, or keeping them from entering stealth, dismounting players at a long range, finishing kills, siege, great waveclear with the level 1 talent, and then you can use the huge reach (longer with the reach talent) To interrupt any and all objective channels, It can be safely done at almost no cost at all.
    Edit: Destroying creep tumors and scouting is something moonfire is also good at.

I like Malf, as He is my go to support.
    Last edited by mmoc6e5d6f317e; 2016-02-09 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin View Post
    His W is actually quite good. Long range, low manacost, low cooldown, Is pretty much instant. It has many uses like:
    Getting an enemy out of stealth, or keeping them from entering stealth, dismounting players at a long range, finishing kills, siege, great waveclear with the level 1 talent, and then you can use the huge reach (longer with the reach talent) To interrupt any and all objective channels, It can be safely done at almost no cost at all.
    Edit: Destroying creep tumors and scouting is something moonfire is also good at.

I like Malf, as He is my go to support.
    Good points. There's also some talk over at reddit that moonfire spam can even kill squishies like Li Ming.

Deleted
    Because I want the night elf avatar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was interesting to see Malf picked in almost every game in the Aus/NZ regional finals. A personal mana battery for Li-Ming and so many plays were made with Roots
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Been seeing him played in the Na Regionals alot best comment to explain it is basically is that "Uther is a burst damage healer and Malf is a sustained damage healer."