Poll: I would play a...

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So much clicking, it would have been easier to select the three I have no interest in playing. High elves Jinyu and Hozen don't interest me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Welp they were released back in 08 so what are you waiting for?
    For the group known as HIGH ELFS as opposed to their splinter group known as Blood Elfs to be made playable I suppose.

This is a really dumb argument.

You KNOW what people mean when they refer to High Elfs. Even Blizzard doesn't refer to them as Blood Elfs. They come with a very different list of connotations and as a result, are a very different group that has a dedicated fan base.

The argument that Blood Elfs are High Elfs ignores everything that Blizzard put into the game to make High Elfs and Blood Elfs different and I really object to my character being linked to them. My character is NOT Alliance aligned.

Saying that "Welp they were released back in 08 so what are you waiting for?" is a very childish comeback and if the people who don't want High Elfs in the game can't articulate any reason other than this then we may as well get used to the idea they are likely to arrive in the future. And the other argument - "I don't want you to have them" doesn't seem that great either.

As it is, with the Pandaren and Demon Hunter around, these arguments don't seem to be workable anymore, if they ever were. Blizzard will add High Elfs if it thinks it'll get enough of a buzz from them. If they are desperate enough to add DHs, High Elfs might not be too far away.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2016-02-10 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrtF View Post
    For the group known as HIGH ELFS as opposed to their splinter group known as Blood Elfs to be made playable I suppose.

You KNOW what people mean when they refer to High Elfs. Even Blizzard doesn't refer to them as Blood Elfs. They come with a very different list of connotations and as a result, are a very different group that has a dedicated fan base.

The argument that Blood Elfs are High Elfs ignores everything that Blizzard put into the game to make High Elfs and Blood Elfs different and I really object to my character being linked to them. My character is NOT Alliance aligned.

Saying that "Welp they were released back in 08 so what are you waiting for?" is a very childish comeback and if the people who don't want High Elfs in the game can't articulate any reason other than this then we may as well get used to the idea they are likely to arrive in the future. And the other argument - "I don't want you to have them" doesn't seem that great either.

As it is, with the Pandaren and Demon Hunter around, these arguments don't seem to be workable anymore, if they ever were. Blizzard will add High Elfs if it thinks it'll get enough of a buzz from them. If they are desperate enough to add DHs, High Elfs might not be too far away.
    I'll support high elves as a playable race if they make Dark Irons a playable race, Wildhammers a playable race as well, Mag'Har Orcs as a playable race, Grimtotem Tauren a playable race, Taunka a playable race, Zandalari Trolls a playable race, Leper Gnomes a playable race, Steamwheedle Goblins a playable race, and Eredar as a playable race.

Until then the elf circlejerk needs to die. Blood elves exist to force players to pick the lesser-played faction because Blizzard knows the elf fan base is ravenous. Look at how well it worked too, blood elves are the most played race in the horde by double of orcs and the faction balance is 50/50. High Elves will destroy all that
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-02-10 at 08:09 PM.

I always wanted a better Shaman option on the Alliance side.
    Broken Draenei or Furbolgs would fit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I'll support high elves as a playable race if they make Dark Irons a playable race, Wildhammers a playable race as well, Mag'Har Orcs as a playable race, Grimtotem Tauren a playable race, Taunka a playable race, Zandalari Trolls a playable race, Leper Gnomes a playable race, Steamwheedle Goblins a playable race, and Eredar as a playable race.
    There's no demand for anything other than High Elfs. And as there is a demand, there is the possibility Blizzard will add them. Should they or shouldn't they? Good design or bad...Blizzard will only care if adding them in boost the player base.

Unfortunately it probably will. At least for the short term. Anybody who thinks they have a reason for why High Elfs won't be added simply need to ask themselves...will adding High Elfs make Blizzard money? Right or wrong, I think the answer is yes.

I hope that if...when...they are added they will be very different in look and attitude and story from my Blood Elf. But I don't think that after MoP and Legion that anyone can make a credible claim that Blizzard can't or won't add them.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    There's no demand for anything other than High Elfs. And as there is a demand, there is the possibility Blizzard will add them. Should they or shouldn't they? Good design or bad...Blizzard will only care if adding them in boost the player base.

Unfortunately it probably will. At least for the short term. Anybody who thinks they have a reason for why High Elfs won't be added simply need to ask themselves...will adding High Elfs make Blizzard money? Right or wrong, I think the answer is yes.

I hope that if...when...they are added they will be very different in look and attitude and story from my Blood Elf. But I don't think that after MoP and Legion that anyone can make a credible claim that Blizzard can't or won't add them.
    You know aside from the valid multiple reasons why they won't be playable. They won't look different because they are the same race, perhaps a whiny brat attitude as that is what most helves have become other than that there is no difference, and blizzard said they wouldn't be doing duplicate races on both sides again, especially a race that has been horde since 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I would main a female Vrykul warrior from now until Doomsday.

On the topic of High Elves, I don't think we'll ever see them as playable race, but I support the idea of them, anyways. People like to argue that the High Elf population is so small at this point having them running around as adventurers is suicidal, but...the blood elves suffered near genocidal casualties and are probably one of the most populated Horde race when it comes to players. Honestly, when it comes to us the PC's some suspension of disbelief is needed. Of course, them being identical to blood elves but for eye color is probably the real nail in the coffin.

Still, would be nice to see!

And Naga. Though, I dunno how they'd ever pull that off.

You know aside from the valid multiple reasons why they won't be playable. They won't look different because they are the same race, perhaps a whiny brat attitude as that is what most helves have become other than that there is no difference, and blizzard said they wouldn't be doing duplicate races on both sides again, especially a race that has been horde since 2008.
    If they've said they wouldn't be doing duplicate races again...I've missed that.
    If you have a valid reason that isn't a variation of "I just don't want them in" then say so.

Truth is, Blizzard has shown in legion that it's just there now for the "cash grab" and it is doing so even at the expense of players and game design. That you and others don't want High Elfs doesn't make your opinion more important to Blizzard than those who do want High Elfs. That you don't Blizzard to make them look different won't prevent Blizzard from doing just that if they choose to do so. You are arguing Blizzards hands are tied, that they cannot do something in game that they plainly can do.

What is the answer to the question - Can Blizzard make High Elfs look different from Blood Elfs? The answer is "Yes". You might not want to accept it, but they can do so. And if they do so, why would I care?

Do I want High Elfs? No. But it'd almost be worth simply to end these debates once and for all.

But again, its more nuanced than that. I don't want BLOOD ELFS on the Alliance side. I don't care about High Elfs. If Blizzard is able to ensure High Efls are different enough from Blood Elfs, if Blizzard ensures High Elfs are just not a cut'n'paste of Blood Elfs, if High Elfs are more than simply Blood Elfs with Blue Eyes....why should I care? Why should YOU care? Why should anyone care? Let the players who want to play them play them and let those who don't want them stay away. I'll be happy so long as my Blood Elf remains Horde.

But anyone who thinks that Blizzard cares about whether or not adding High Elfs annoys a few players is almost delusional. Blizzard cares about the bottom line, the almighty dollar. It doesn't really care about players...I don't think it has for a long time. If it thinks it'll get a boost out of adding High Elfs in terms of subs, in terms of cash, then they'll be added. If they think they won't, then High Elfs will remain on the cutting room floor.

Any other argument is wrong. Blizzard doesn't care about your opinion, nor mine. It doesn't care about lore. It doesn't care what you think it can or cannot do. It only cares about cash, about subs. Would High Elfs make Blizzard money? Would they draw people back to the game? Would they have an impact on subs? These are the questions you need to answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the answer to the question - Can Blizzard make High Elfs look different from Blood Elfs? The answer is "Yes". You might not want to accept it, but they can do so. And if they do so, why would I care?
    because all they are are copy n pasted blood elves with blue eyes.

But again, its more nuanced than that. I don't want BLOOD ELFS on the Alliance side. I don't care about High Elfs. If Blizzard is able to ensure High Efls are different enough from Blood Elfs,
    And they can't, because all High elves are are bitchy-er versions with blue eyes

Let the players who want to play them play them
    If they want to play high elves then they can already roll one on the Horde. Expecting blizzard to cater to your fanwank about High elves being Alliance core is just that, fanwank. Blizzard took the high elves and made them Horde, they are a Horde race now, all culture/lore proggression belongs to the Blood elves, and anytime the Helves are getting involvement it's them dying. (PL/ Stormwind park where all the helves lived/ Every high elf in theramore died etc) Combined with the high elves from Outland advocating the high elves to move back to Silvermoon.

But anyone who thinks that Blizzard cares about whether or not adding High Elfs annoys a few players is almost delusional. Blizzard cares about the bottom line, the almighty dollar.
    If that was true every elf fetish would have their high elves by now. They still care about the story as they have stated many times, and as long as they do High elves will only be playable Horde side.

Any other argument is wrong.
    what a shit way of saying "dont argue with me"

It doesn't care about lore.
    Anyone with any critical thinking skills knows they do.

Would High Elfs make Blizzard money? Would they draw people back to the game? Would they have an impact on subs? These are the questions you need to answer.
    the money gained from high elves would be hilariously low compared to money spent on a race worth spending the time to create. Literally any other race on the poll would allow blizzard to make more money by tying them to an expansion alone.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    After WoD, I really want to be able to play as an ogre. They had looked kinda lamed prior to this expansion, being mostly naked and having really simple armor, but the armor and weapons they outfitted them with in Highmaul and such were really nice looking.

because all they are are copy n pasted blood elves with blue eyes.
    That this is how YOU would add them in does not mean Blizzard needs to act under the same constraints.

Truth is - Blizzard giving High Elfs to the Alliance won't affect me in the slightest. Therefore....I don't really care.

What I really don't want is the Alliance getting the model, That WOULD affect me and how I feel about the character I play. And I don't want that to happen. High Elfs with a new model? I don't care. High Elfs with MY model? No.

Other than that - your arguments appear to be the usual "I don't want them so Blizzard will do things the way I want" hogwash usually trotted out. Blizzrad won't tadd them because it'll make you sad.

Boohoo. I think I'll go look for my violin.

I don't want the Alliance to get Blood Elfs. Neither do you. But you seem to think Blizzard somehow cannot give High Elfs a new look. And the only reason you can provide for why they can't do that is "Because I don't want them to do so". And the childish argument that High Elfs are in the Horde is just that - childish. It's worthy of a 5 year old. I would hope you are older than that to play the game and post here. That you think Blizzard cares about lore argues otherwise.

As it is, I really don't think they would care that much about your feelings or how adding High Elfs will affect them. Or your analysis on how popular High Elfs would be. Blizzard alone knows if High Elfs are likely to be worth the effort. And if it is, we'll see them soon enough.

So long as the Alliance don't get Blood Elfs, I'll be happy. If other players are happy to play High Elfs, why should I be upset? Why should YOU be upset? The only way it could possibly affect my experience would be if they gave player High Elfs the Blood Elf model. That's bad enough with NPCs but unacceptable with players. But Blizzard is fully capable of giving them a new one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I really don't want is the Alliance getting the model, That WOULD affect me and how I feel about the character I play. And I don't want that to happen. High Elfs with a new model? I don't care. High Elfs with MY model? No.
    what type of bullshit reasoning is this. Any update to the model would be given to the blood elves first, because they are the playable high elves, and they cant be made different because they aren't a different race no matter how you try to spin it.

I don't want the Alliance to get Blood Elfs. Neither do you. But you seem to think Blizzard somehow cannot give High Elfs a new look. And the only reason you can provide for why they can't do that is "Because I don't want them to do so". And the childish argument that High Elfs are in the Horde is just that - childish. It's worthy of a 5 year old. I would hope you are older than that to play the game and post here. That you think Blizzard cares about lore argues otherwise.
    the fact that you cant comprehend how stupid your reasoning is for changing how the high elves look is mind boggling

That you think Blizzard cares about lore argues otherwise.
    why bother to post at all if your just going to spew shit? Anyone can tell that Blizzard still cares about the game, or they would have implemented half of the playerbase's fanwank as a cash grab by now. The lore panels and the fact that they even spend time on expansions show they care about the lore.

So long as the Alliance don't get Blood Elfs, I'll be happy.
    then you'll be staying happy because High elves are a Horde race, and the Alliance won't be getting them .

The only way it could possibly affect my experience would be if they gave player High Elfs the Blood Elf model. That's bad enough with NPCs but unacceptable with players. But Blizzard is fully capable of giving them a new one.
    If I really need to explain to you the obvious reasons why Helves wouldn't get a new model, then in your own words.

It's worthy of a 5 year old
    Holy shit lol

Mantid:

Darkfallen:

Forsaken Elves:
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2016-02-10 at 11:41 PM.

I've been wanting to play an ethereal since forever. I'd make a hozen alt if I could, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I've been wanting to play an ethereal since forever. I'd make a hozen alt if I could, as well.
    I love the way they run.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    high elves dont bring anything new to the table. we already have night & blood elves. what does high elves do? are they a bit taller?
    Hi

The HIGH ELVES are the splinter group. When Kael'thas went back to Quel'thalas after Arthas attack he deemed every elf from Quel'thalas as a blood elf. Which means even those in the Silver covenant, those Alliance leaning lodges were between TFT and whenever the handful caused a stink because of their militant vegan tendencies made them rebel against the necessity to survive in Quel'thalas forced their expulsion were all Blood Elves.

The fact remains that the Blood elves and high elves are the exact same race. The only known difference is that during BC era all blood elves had Fel green eyes and all known High Elves had blue eyes. Even then we have known for years that blue eyes isn't the only eye colour high elves have (Alleiria has natural jade Green). Which means even then unless the High Elves shun all elves that somehow became tainted with fel there is nothing physically to separate the two.

Then also during wrath we have the Quel'delar quest chain, which if you're a blood elf Auric Sunchaser (Leader of Allerian Stronghold and likely outside of her sisters and Lor'themar the one to know her the strongest since he is in charge of her own outpost) says "Quel'delar is not held in high esteem by the sin'dorei alone. It holds a place in the heart of all children of Silvermoon (High and Blood Elves). This blade has been returned to us for a reason, my lords. Now is the time to rally behind the bearer of Quel'delar and avenge the destruction of Silvermoon and the Sunwell."

With that the Blood Elf version has been deemed canon by Liadrin being the chosen bearer. Auric basically is the highest ranked High elf that isn't aligned to the Silver Covenant and has basically said that all Thalassian elves should put aside past grievances and reunite. Someone at that level isn't going to go unnoticed plus Liadrin's role with the Shattered Sun offensive would have also given notice. With that it is very very likely that a lot more high elves would have gone home than to remain hold outs.

Hell even in Legion Vereesa seems to be hanging around Halduron and having a Sin'dorei second in command during the start of the Marksman heirloom quest chain. She also has shown to be civil around Lor'themar too. Everything pointing that the high elves if anything should be a sub race of blood elves and not an Alliance race.

Also aesthetically people keep saying "Well if they change high elves to look different..." yeah Bliz could, but then no one would play them. They would not be the high elves and the high elf fans would be back in here complaining about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    high elves dont bring anything new to the table. we already have night & blood elves. what does high elves do? are they a bit taller?
    They look exactly like blood elves but they have blue eyes. Blood elves are just high elves that kept the name blood elf when Kael'thas renamed their people to honor the high elves killed by the scourge. Later on their eyes turned green due to the radiation like quality of fel energy used to protect them from the scourge and rebuild their kingdom so they could survive. High elves for whatever reason are like vegans on steroids and caused enough civil disorder about killing manawyrms that Lor'themar gave them to boot. Physically they might be thinner or mentally impaired because of Blizzard saying going cold turkey on magic can permanently damage you physically and mentally. Other than that? No.
    Holy shit lol

Arakkoa! hopefully they become the new pandas and make them neutral.
    sunshine avatar is so awesome *w*!.... <3
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/7494/chopperoo.jpg
    (Sig too large)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diox990 View Post
    Arakkoa! hopefully they become the new pandas and make them neutral.
    or give the flying ones to Alliance and stooping ones to Horde or Vice versa. Keep that faction conflict going.
    Holy shit lol