Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Angry Possible WOD/Pandaria style Legendary in Legion?

In the most recent build, two stackable legendary items were added to the game, which appear to be related to the Emerald Nightmare raid, which seem very similar to items like abrogator stones, or titan runestones, and this makes me extremely worried about blizzard adding another welfare legendary that's mandatory for raiding. The legendary cloak from MOP and ring from warlords made both expansions hell for raiding on alts and you think blizzard would have learned their lesson, I will be seriously put off from raiding if I have to grind LFR for a welfare item to raid with for the third expansion in a row. The world drop legendaries were an awful idea, but this would be even worse.

How would you feel about being stuck with another mandatory welfare legendary for raiding, alongside the artifact?
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-02-11 at 06:49 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    They should scrap ALL legendaries in Legion, the random legendaries to farm sound idiotic enough but to add another mandatory grind aswell? i dont even fucking get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the legendary this time is the artifact.

i think they should go back to having drops like illidan's glaives, just dropping the legendary for each tier of the new raid. see how the community deals with it now in 2016-2017 era.
    Hi

I think the legendaries for Legion are fine the way they are. They are not "mandatory" because there is no guarantee you will ever get one unlike the previous two expansions where everyone can get one and in most cases, are required by guilds to have. The old system of drops would be fine if there was one available for every spec. People love to talk about balance with the Legion legendaries but seem to over look the balance issues with the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    In the most recent build, two stackable legendary items were added to the game, which appear to be related to the Emerald Nightmare raid, which seem very similar to items like abrogator stones, or titan runestones, and this makes me extremely worried about blizzard adding another welfare legendary that's mandatory for raiding. The legendary cloak from MOP and ring from warlords made both expansions hell for raiding on alts and you think blizzard would have learned their lesson, I will be seriously put off from raiding if I have to grind LFR for a welfare item to raid with for the third expansion in a row. The world drop legendaries were an awful idea, but this would be even worse.

How would you feel about being stuck with another mandatory welfare legendary for raiding, alongside the artifact?
    They are spec specific so like set bonuses are spec specific they will be mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account

Labeling it as a 'welfare legendary' really only pushed me towards hoping they make it so just to annoy you. Organized raiding should not be getting a veto over content and items that are for everyone that qualifies to have them regardless of whether they raid or not.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Labeling it as a 'welfare legendary' really only pushed me towards hoping they make it so just to annoy you. Organized raiding should not be getting a veto over content and items that are for everyone that qualifies to have them regardless of whether they raid or not.
    Please, try to wish for them to not to use the awful "get N legendary hairballs, and then N legendary nail clippings, and then N legendary boogers", if they do put a "proper" legendary item. I can't stand that anymore. I like legendaries that I can get on my own time without the need of a "serious" or "semi-serious" raid, but the absurdly dull collection part is and always will be terrible (and never epic), whether you can do it in the raid finder or not
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Please, try to wish for them to not to use the awful "get N legendary hairballs, and then N legendary nail clippings, and then N legendary boogers", if they do put a "proper" legendary item. I can't stand that anymore. I like legendaries that I can get on my own time without the need of a "serious" or "semi-serious" raid, but the absurdly dull collection part is and always will be terrible (and never epic), whether you can do it in the raid finder or not
    No argument there. It is my fondest wish that the questline legendary items do not require a large commitment of time in raid content and that the quests to acquire them have some meaning and impart some actual lore and story. I agree that quest after quest after quest which are all Go get 10 of these" are pointless. Or at the very least if they must, tell the story of what they will build, give us the entire list all at once and let us work on it as we have the time, are in the area, or they just fall into our bags while doing something else like adventure mode quests. Yes, please.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-02-11 at 07:59 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    You already have these free D3 legendaries and Artifact, highly doubt there will be more. I mean lets face it, these legendaries are eventually going to be just as common as D3. The devs caved in to drop rate increases million times and now they are working on WoW, same thing will happen.

I would take this MoP/Wod system 1000x over the 0.001% drop off a random boar system they might do. At least the old system involved cool lore.

Let's hope this is actually their plans.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

No argument there. It is my fondest wish that the questline legendary items do not require a large commitment of time in raid content and that the quests to acquire them have some meaning and impart some actual lore and story. I agree that quest after quest after quest which are all Go get 10 of these" are pointless. Or at the very least if they must, tell the story of what they will build, give us the entire list all at once and let us work on it as we have the time, are in the area, or they just fall into our bags while doing something else like adventure mode quests. Yes, please.
    I've been thinking for some time that they should just make legendary questlines using "chapters" in the mood of the legendary rogue dagger quests that involved doing "roguey" things around the world... taking place INSIDE raids, BUT in a scenario of some kind, going through elaborate alternate rooms and corridors that you don't get to visit in the proper raid (maybe seeing NPC raiders do things down there, and the "boss fight" affecting you somehow in your task). That way raids can have cool labyrinthine setups, but they'd be used for the legendary questline and it wouldn't mess with raid pacing.

They could be harder than normal scenarios, so that you'd need some gearing to do before (not necessarily normal-heroic-mythic gearing), but at least it wouldn't be a boring collection quest.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

7+ Year Old Account

collect items for what now? what next a legendary shirt or tabard lol oh that just cracks me up.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

It might reward those dunno-what-they're-called things that you put into your artifact to improve it's stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    It might reward those dunno-what-they're-called things that you put into your artifact to improve it's stats.
    Relics.

And if it does award relics, it may be a similar situation to the cape / ring where you pretty much ignore all loot of that certain type because your legendary is 10x better. If you get welfare relics from this legendary questline, relic drops in raids would be pretty worthless.

My guess is that these mats are used in a quest similar to the current legendary quest, which awards those tomes of knowledge which allow you to add more traits to your artefact. Of course, that's purely speculation.

Probably will give us a legendary proc to our artifacts.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I don't like many of the legendries. I hate the appearance of most of them and the grind to get them or empower them is really monotonous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Relics.

And if it does award relics, it may be a similar situation to the cape / ring where you pretty much ignore all loot of that certain type because your legendary is 10x better. If you get welfare relics from this legendary questline, relic drops in raids would be pretty worthless.
    Not necessarily, since each weapon has three relic slots. If they did do a legendary relic, it could just be one really nice relic, with the other two slots open for raid drops or whatever.

Deleted
    Most likely Legendary relics as someone mentioned, Blizzard said that they will be changing the Artifacts with every tier to keep the game fresh, upgrading relic seems to fit it quite well and it becoming legendary in the last patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    I think the legendaries for Legion are fine the way they are. They are not "mandatory" because there is no guarantee you will ever get one unlike the previous two expansions where everyone can get one and in most cases, are required by guilds to have. The old system of drops would be fine if there was one available for every spec. People love to talk about balance with the Legion legendaries but seem to over look the balance issues with the old ones.
    What makes something mandatory is not if its guaranteed or not but can I get it and will it be and upgrade.

But why call it legendary if everyone can aquire it?