10+ Year Old Account

keeping track of buffs

i am new in the ways of the monk but already i find it frustrating to have constantly keep an eye on top right corner of the screen for tigers palm buff. obviously i want to have it up at all times. maybe in raiding its not that bad because free palm probably procs faster than the buff runs out but im still leveling and running from mob to mob and have to look up if the buff is still up or not

how do u guy keep track of this ? i dislike being forced to use certain addons like weakauras and whatnot just because of class/spec.

Well the base UI doesn't really show buffs like tiger palm/slice and dice in a pretty visual way.
    Weakaura is the go-to addon for those kind of things indeed, I don't see why you wouldn't want to use it if this is precisely what you're looking for, specially considering how flexible the addon is, and how useful it can be.

UI addon's like ElvUI generally allow you to have buffs show up pretty much anywhere you want, and make a fine replacement for weakaura's, specially since you can whitelist/blacklist any kind of aura's.

Weak Auras 2!!! New auras are easy to make. Once you poke around the UI a bit to get used to it, you can make auras for things like Tiger Power by just a few clicks and typing in the name of the buff. You can also use someone else's W.A. set using the Import menu option (just google "<spec> weak auras" or something)

A less-popular alternative is TellMeWhen.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise