[Movie] Jason Bourne

Directed by Paul Greengrass
    Written by Paul Greengrass, Christopher Rouse
    Starring Matt Damon
    Music by John Powell, David Buckley
    Release date July 29, 2016 (United States)
    Budget $120 million

Last edited by t1saif; 2016-04-21 at 08:57 AM.

That last shot where he walks towards the camera like a goddamn terminator, and they even have the metallic *CLINK* sounds as he knocks the dude out. I'm going. They appear to know what I like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjingle View Post
    I'm going.
    Yep. As soon as I saw that tv spot I was in.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this the matt damon / jeremy renner team up bourne combo or did they scrap that?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    is this the matt damon / jeremy renner team up bourne combo or did they scrap that?
    I *think* they scrapped that and its just Damon. Not entirely sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I *think* they scrapped that and its just Damon. Not entirely sure though.
    This one is just Damon. Last I heard, the Renner/Damon team up/crossover/whatever is still under consideration for the next installment, assuming this one does well, and Damon is up for another one.

I want to see this. I thought Matt was sick of that role. I didn't like the 4th Bourne Identity.

Because of this I'm now watching the bourne trilogy, not sure if I should watch the fourth one. Never really made it past the first one but so far I watched Identity and Supremacy in a row without getting bored.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I'll see it, one of the few roles Matt Damon can play that I'll actually watch. Perhaps they'll address the lingering questions on Julia Stiles' character as well.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The first 3 movies were amazing, in large part because they were incredibly smart and Bourne wasn't a terminator cyborg. I really hope this isn't just a straight up stupid action movie, even though this trailer seems to be advertising it as that.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjingle View Post
    That last shot where he walks towards the camera like a goddamn terminator, and they even have the metallic *CLINK* sounds as he knocks the dude out. I'm going. They appear to know what I like.
    Unconscious men?

Damon!!!!!!!! Will going too!
    Is Ben Affleck in this new movie too? (just kidding)

Looks good, cant wait. My most awaited movie of 2016

Matt Damon Has Only 25 Lines of Dialogue in ‘Jason Bourne’
    http://www.slashfilm.com/jason-bourne-dialogue/

I don't have any problems with him only having 25 lines of dialogue, as long as it works for the plot and the atmosphere of the film. Hopefully though this is the last one, really need some ultimate resolution on this story.

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    I don't have any problems with him only having 25 lines of dialogue, as long as it works for the plot and the atmosphere of the film. Hopefully though this is the last one, really need some ultimate resolution on this story.
    It's a continuous series of books. It was based off a trilogy but after the critical success of the movie he has written another (bad) book every year. There is no resolution unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    It's a continuous series of books. It was based off a trilogy but after the critical success of the movie he has written another (bad) book every year. There is no resolution unfortunately.
    Fuck.

That really takes the wind out of my sails for this movie, actually. I'll still see it, but that kind of setup really lends itself poorly to my anticipation of it. I didn't like the other guy they had in the last movie and Damon can't do that role forever, so definitely makes me leery of anything past this movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh another one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Vegas already said it, but I think its worth repeating: Ludlum didn't write the 4324322523 Bourne books following the original trilogy, there's a very good reason the quality is a steep drop down from those 3.

Honestly though, I don't think the books matter. If the movies are successful, which they have been to this point, they would continue to make them forever as long as Damon is interested. They veered so far off from the source material starting with the first movie that besides drawing the movie names from books they've been nothing alike at all besides "this guy has amnesia and is an assassin". I've enjoyed all the movies so far (the Renner one was ok-ish) so if they keep up the quality I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy them for the time being. I'm not worried about the movies sucking because the books suck - eventually if they keep making movies they'll start sucking because nothing is good forever, but I'll enjoy the ride to that point.

edit: I guess Ludlum's estate sold the rights to his stuff back to publishers or they had the rights to begin with, because you'll find all kinds of his properties and books were continued on, usually with "Robert Ludlum's Fill-In-The-Blank Series" in big letters and then the actual author in smaller print somewhere lol. I'd highly recommend all of the books written by Ludlum, he was a great writer, but anything past his death that was continued on that I've read really wasn't very good.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2016-07-20 at 01:12 PM.