Poll: What spec makes the most sense to RP a Tinker?

[RP stuff] What would make the most sense as a Tinker?

So would you consider rolling a Gnome/Goblin Hunter as Survival or Beast Mastery with a Mech Pet to be a "Tinker"?

I picture a Tinker to have a Mech pet and shoot a gun in the background - so I first thought of Beast Mastery - but the rest of the spec's theme is nature/animal based, so not sure if that fits.

Then again, if you go Survival, you have traps and gadgets and you can always xmog the spear to something like Finkle's Lava Dredger.

What do you guys think?

Deleted
    BM, because the artifact gun makes you zap things with lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    What do you guys think?
    Not sure a lot of people are in the same RP tinker trip as you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So would you consider rolling a Gnome/Goblin Hunter as Survival or Beast Mastery with a Mech Pet to be a "Tinker"?

I picture a Tinker to have a Mech pet and shoot a gun in the background - so I first thought of Beast Mastery - but the rest of the spec's theme is nature/animal based, so not sure if that fits.

Then again, if you go Survival, you have traps and gadgets and you can always xmog the spear to something like Finkle's Lava Dredger.

What do you guys think?
    I have been wondering the same and something to have in mind:

-You cannot use 2-handed maces so no Finkle's Lava Dredger for you!

Note: The Beastmaster have the lighthing ball thing that would make it look more like a Tinker, also... they said they will make minor glyphs only cosmetic, maybe they will add some way to change the pets that are summoned by Dire Beast and we already have something to change our beast summoned by Stampede.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2016-02-08 at 07:29 PM.

Are you only giving us the option of Surv or BM? Because with MM getting abilities like a sentry turret, and being petless, they make the most sense >>>>To me<<<<<

And the gun is required, absolutely, I don't see surv as a tinker one bit.

Hunter's can't transmog into Finkle's Lava Dredger since they can't use maces. For me if bm or surv are the choices, I think bm with a mech pet is a better fit for a tinker.

Im actually torn between making my hunter goblin or orc for the BM tinker rp, goblins are just so ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Im actually torn between making my hunter goblin or orc for the BM tinker rp, goblins are just so ugh.
    The Forsaken

7+ Year Old Account
    Neither. None of them actually look or feel like a tinker it's not really any different than equipping a gnome warrior with a gun and using a mech non-combat pet and calling yourself a Tinker.

Deleted
    Did I read somewhere that one spec would have turrets? Or was that just a hopeful dream I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    The Forsaken
    :O i keep forgetting they can be hunters now, dont think i've seen one in a raid since they announced it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    Did I read somewhere that one spec would have turrets? Or was that just a hopeful dream I had.
    I think survival use to have it, but in recent builds it doesn't seem to make an appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are really futuristic gun transmogs in the game,so you can't go wrong, really. I do wonder if there will be "Exotic" mechanical pets for Beastmastery,though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    To me, it fits to survival more than to beast master. I don't get why Tinker (if hunter is Tinker, not his pet) would be a beast master with all gadgets that he has just to master the beast. I don't think you master a beast with gadgets but I do think you need gadgets to survive.
    Mainly because of the mechanical pet option and that your artifact throw thunder and balls of lighting, IMHO that's enough to make it look like a Tinker (They just need something to control the appearance of the beast summoned by dire beast to make them also mechanical beasts)

OHHHH BABBBYYYYYYYYYYyyy

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Neither. MM. I know many RL sport shooters who love tinkering with their rifles. They buy the latest-and-greatest gadgets, futz with their internal components, share modification tips and techniques, ogle other people's rifles, all in the attempt to get their shot groupings down as close as possible. 1" groups at 300 yards? Not good enough. Time for a new trigger/scope/whatever!

If I had to pick one of the two options, I guess SV if only because there are a lot of gadgets and contraptions designed for outdoor living and adventuring. Ive never seen a multitool at a pet store.

I've pondered this question pretty hard, myself. Bottom line, none of the specs is a very satisfactory match. Marksman doesn't get to use robot pets, beast mastery has the Mimiron gun and can use the robots, but has to summon, blech, animals every X seconds. And BM is tuned to use exotic pets, which mech pets...aren't. Survival doesn't get the gun, but does get the robot and only the robot. None of the ability names or effects evoke anything tinker, aside from a couple talents - a bomb and a grenade, both survival only. The turret was in an early build but was replaced with a spitting snake for some reason.

The one I'm personally leaning toward is BM, just because of the combination of artifact and pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I've pondered this question pretty hard, myself. Bottom line, none of the specs is a very satisfactory match. Marksman doesn't get to use robot pets, beast mastery has the Mimiron gun and can use the robots, but has to summon, blech, animals every X seconds. And BM is tuned to use exotic pets, which mech pets...aren't. Survival doesn't get the gun, but does get the robot and only the robot. None of the ability names or effects evoke anything tinker, aside from a couple talents - a bomb and a grenade, both survival only. The turret was in an early build but was replaced with a spitting snake for some reason.

The one I'm personally leaning toward is BM, just because of the combination of artifact and pet.
    I hope they add something to control the looks of the pets that are summoned by Dire Beast, that may help us solve those problems

Deleted
    If I could have a stampede of just mechanical chickens i would never play another class

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... Blizzard already confirmed that they are going to add someway to modify what you summon with Dire Beast, so now with BM you won't have those random beasts breaking your "tinker" looks..

Celestalon
    Since Beast Mastery has been unlocked, this has been the strongest point of feedback, and we've heard you, loud and clear.

Coming soon will be a glyph that makes Dire Beast summon your stabled pets, instead of random area-themed beasts. We're also considering a talent that replaces Dire Beast with a new shot, and are interested in feedback and ideas on that concept.

Thanks!