Arrow Macros & Playstyle

Just woke my bear out of his 3 year hibernation since the Cataclysm. Has been fun moving in, revamping the UI and macros, and getting a feel for him again. Here's what I'm doing so far. Would love to here how it compares to those who've bear tanked more in WoD.

I macro'd Mangle with Berserk. Had read that it wouldn't work because they shared a GCD, but that must have changed because I tried it and it works. Not on my toon right now, but I believe it's something like...

#showtooltip Mangle
    /cast Berserk
    /cast Mangle

So I can spam it and use Berserk every time it's off CD.

I also macro'd Wild Charge to Typhoon, so I charge in and daze a group of adds:

#showtooltip
    /cast Wild Charge
    /cast Typhoon

Again, this seems to be working.

I hot-keyed Ursol's Vortex to the same mouse button I use for Defile on my DK, so I can drop that on the group without thinking too much about it. Still wondering whether to do that before or after I charge?

The glyphs seem very lack-luster, but I glyphed Faerie Fire for the ranged silence I'm used to having with Strangulate. Combined with my Tauren stomp and Skull Bash, that gives me lots of options with casters.

What I'd like to focus on next is collecting my defensive CDs into just a couple of 'oh sh-t' buttons, one proactive and one reactive. That has worked well for me on my DK, although I have to tweak them occasionally for particular fights, of course.

Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I say "seems to be working" because I can see that all the spells were cast. Thinking back on my dungeon run earlier (Iron Docks normal at level 93 - reminded me of running Utgarde Keep or Hellfire Ramparts back in the day ), I'm not sure I saw mobs getting knocked back from Typhoon? Wondering if it was going off before Wild Charge brought me in range. I'll have to look closer at that when I log in today and decide whether to use a cast sequence macro or just put the buttons close together.

- - - Updated - - -

Wild Charge and Typhoon definitely not useful in a macro; they both go off but the Typhoon happens at the beginning of your charge rather than the end, regardless of the order they're cast. The Berserk+Mangle macro continues to work well and reliably.

I decided today to move away from Wild Charge altogether, at least for now, as it feels more gimmicky and less controlled than just being 15% faster. Running in to drop a vortex and Thrash feels comfortable to someone who's used to tanking on a DK with Defile+Blood Boil.

I love having Faerie Fire glyphed with Fae Silence. Surprised this isn't recommended more highly in the guides, especially given how lack-luster the other choices are. Always nice to have a ranged interrupt/silence, especially one with a short 15 second CD! Add that to Skull Bash, Typhoon, and War Stomp, and I feel like I've got a lot of control against casters.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-02-09 at 07:08 AM. Reason: spelling