Deleted

Mark of the Legion Helper Help

Hi there,

My guild has recently transitioned to using the Mark of the Legion helper addon to sort out the marks in archimonde mythic phase 4. We used the one linked in the fatboss video, and they claim it will Always assign the first two groups to a melee spot, assuming it can. However we've noticed that if our melee ocassionally get sent elsewhere.

Is this just what the addon does and people have to deal with it? Or is it an issue that can somehow be sorted. FYI our front two markers are Yellow and orange and our ranged markers are green and purple,

DBM was updated december 15th with actually pretty good mark of the legion functionality. We found it a lot better than the helper add-on.

The add-on in question has no customizability whatsoever, or even a UI.

We use the same one (I think), and we've noticed the same thing. While it tries to keep melee in melee range, it assigns the people who have the actual debuff itself to the four locations based on the duration of the debuff (the debuff spawns with four different durations of two, four, six and eight seconds). The one that blows up first gets assigned to a specific spot, etc.

If one of your melee gets the mark debuff with six or eight seconds, it will send them to the "ranged" spots, so they can still blow up in order.

Thread tells me I'll have to use a weakaura. This doesn't sound good. We also use a mix of bigwigs and dbm (that can't change) so we can't rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    Thread tells me I'll have to use a weakaura. This doesn't sound good. We also use a mix of bigwigs and dbm (that can't change) so we can't rely on them.
    You can use weakaura's in addition to either BigWigs or DBM. They're not mutually exclusive. I can't imagine someone who wants to get (and is skilled enough) 13/13M would have a problem using weak aura's - they're so common on damn near every boss.

I imagine you could have a workable solution without weakaura's, but it will be fraught with frustration and endless wiping by that one guy who doesn't notice he got the debuff and goes to his "normal soaking location."

Quote Originally Posted by Manstus View Post
    You can use weakaura's in addition to either BigWigs or DBM. They're not mutually exclusive. I can't imagine someone who wants to get (and is skilled enough) 13/13M would have a problem using weak aura's - they're so common on damn near every boss.

I imagine you could have a workable solution without weakaura's, but it will be fraught with frustration and endless wiping by that one guy who doesn't notice he got the debuff and goes to his "normal soaking location."
    There's no reason going that route though when some weakauras put marks too.

By the way, the raid leader/assist has to use ground marks during fight, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftMages View Post
    There's no reason going that route though when some weakauras put marks too.

By the way, the raid leader/assist has to use ground marks during fight, right?
    Yeah, you'll need someone to place the ground markers when you get into the twisting nether realm the first time. They stay on subsequent attempts. Also, don't use the same markers that you use in the "normal realm."

For Archimonde, we demote everyone in the raid so there is only a raid leader (who does the actual assignments) and no assists (and a master looter, but that's irrelevant). We also have people deactivate some of their boss mod functions, like "/say when you have shackles" and others that are redundant. This is all optional, I imagine - just cleared a bit of clutter in raid chat.