Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Leaked documents about Erdogan blackmailing the EU

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...urope-billions

In internal EU memo obtained by Greek media reveals the blatant Turkish blackmail on the refugee crisis. The memo contains a summary of the dialogue between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan with European Commissioner Jean Claude Juncker and President of the European Council Donald Tusk on 16th November 2015 during the G20 Summit in Antalya, Turkey.

According to the memo, the bargain was hard and Turkey demanded 30 billion euro from the European Union in order to refrain from sending refugees and migrants to Europe through Greece.

In addition, Ankara threatened, that if the EU does not link the refugee issue to Turkey’s EU accession then it would:

1. Send buses full of refugees to Europe via Greece and Bulgaria and will let 10,000-15,000 refugees drown on its shores.
    2. Turkey does not accept the 3 billion euro for two years he had agreed with and wants 3 billion a year at least, otherwise there will be no agreement.
    3. Requests opening all accession funds soon and non instructions from the European Commission.
    4. The European Commission deliberately delayed the publication of Turkey’s progress report, at the same Erdogan’s request to help him win the election.

Overwhelmed with arrogance Erdogan complains that the EU treated Turkey like a fool for 53 years and did not allow it to become full EU member, he compares a country like Luxembourg with the size of small Turkish town.

He also claimed that “Greece received 400 billion euro from Europe” during the economic crisis and that in fact Turkey should get a huge amount of money too. The two EU Officials told him, not to compare the Greek economic crisis with the refugee crisis. He claimed that the 3 billion euro will go for the refugees and not for Turkey.

The three-party meeting ended without an agreement.

Here are the full documents, it's worth to read them:
    http://air.euro2day.gr/cov/arsenis_2015/11.jpg
    http://air.euro2day.gr/cov/arsenis_2015/22.jpg
    http://air.euro2day.gr/cov/arsenis_2015/33.jpg
    http://air.euro2day.gr/cov/arsenis_2015/44.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Yea we kinda already knew he was black mailing the EU doesnt take a genius to figure out that he would try to wring out as much money and power as he can but I am left wondering when EU will snap and say no more but I highly doubt that will happen.

Deleted
    It's like he wants the far right in europe to rise

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    Yea we kinda already knew he was black mailing the EU doesnt take a genius to figure out that he would try to wring out as much money and power as he can but I am left wondering when EU will snap and say no more but I highly doubt that will happen.
    We knew, but it was just common sense. Now we have proof.

And Merkel is in Turkey right now licking his ass again to stop the new huge ~20.000 weave which comes from Aleppo. It won't happen until the germans impeach that old whore.

Sounds more like heated negotiations than blackmail to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was quite clear from the very beginning that a man like Erdogan doesn't just receives orders and pleas from the EU and money for blindly following them in this crisis. It's more like that they know that Turkey sits in a position of power in this discussion. They see the whole thing as a way to get back to the table at their own terms. Hence the sudden willingness to resume accession talks.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

You are lucky that Erdogan is willing to make a deal. If it was CHP, MHP or HDP, they would pump the half to Europe.

If the EU knew 2 years ago what it knows today, they would've gave Turkey the $6 billion long ago, they would've been down in Turkey building apartments for the refugees.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If the EU knew 2 years ago what it knows today, they would've gave Turkey the $6 billion long ago, they would've been down in Turkey building apartments for the refugees.
    if they would have know what they know today 4 years ago, they would have said /Hail Assad.

10+ Year Old Account
    He directly threatened to drown 15.000 children, demanded billions in order to take actions and said that EU officers should treat him like the prince, i'm so proud of belonging in the shithole we call Europe.

On top of that Turkey asked from NATO to get involved in the sea/land patrols.
    Mark my words, shit will hit the fan sooner than we think.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2016-02-09 at 01:40 PM.

In older times, blackmail such as that would have ment war. Nice how uncivilized people are abusing the civilized countries like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Julrusch View Post
    It's like he wants the far right in europe to rise
    More like he wants to be Ottoman Emperor.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The best part is that Turkey then turns around and uses that money to buy oil from Daesh and guns they can smuggle to the rebels.

They're part of what is creating the refugee crisis. They allowed guns and fighters to flow into Syria from Europe.

Why is no one calling out this clown for his behavior? Putin only threw down the gaunlets after a Russian jet was shot down near the Syrian border. They released the satellite photos showing the smuggling caravans. Erdogan is becoming infamous in his own country for his repression of press sources (supposedly guaranteed by Universal Declaration of Human Rights) for reportage on smuggling into Syria from Turkey or oil trading. This is flabbergasting.

And this is the reason for it? He's threatening to send more refugees? Tell him that he's not getting into the EU, cut his funds, lay out machine gun nests and barbed wire on the border, and start releasing satellite/incriminating evidence until he gets back in line.

Good thing they were never allowed to enter the EU.
    Hopefully this causes enough outrage and makes it clear why we're getting this social upsettings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erdogan have US assistance. So he can spit on EU without real problem for himself. Also every1 already know - he support ISIS. At least he bought their oil. And scouts said they have ISIS camps inside Turkey as well. And....silence. Erdogan can do anything. You expect any real critic or ...omfg sanctions against Turkey? Not in this life. US never let them go from their grasp because Tukey is too important. US control EU. So EU can only grumbling and obey.

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Erdogan have US assistance. So he can spit on EU without real problem for himself. Also every1 already know - he support ISIS. At least he bought their oil. And scouts said they have ISIS camps inside Turkey as well. And....silence. Erdogan can do anything. You expect any real critic or ...omfg sanctions against Turkey? Not in this life. US never let them go from their grasp because Tukey is too important. US control EU. So EU can only grumbling and obey.
    Sad truth, and one of the reasons of constant propaganda against the "red block" of Russia and China as they oppose this political moves. The cold war is still very alive, just went "colder", with the "battlefield" extending to Europe.

Sometimes things flair up, like Euromaiden.

I would prefer Turks a millionfold over any Arabs from Middle-East. Though as it seems now, if even EU accepts Turkey into the fold and removes the visa requirement, it will only allow the Syrian refugees in Turkey to take it as yet another opportunity. It's a no(1)-no(2)-no(3) situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If you think there are issues with Schengen from the Greek border, can you imagine what the issues would be with Turkey inside Schengen?
    That's what I'm talking about precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    I agree, that we assumed or knew this already.

What I find interesting about the leak - is not the contents but the timing. Recently Turkey closed the border to Syria - and now this document is leaked - I doubt that is coincidence.

I'm shocked... SHOCKED! that a man with leverage decides to use such leverage to maximize his negotiating positioning.