Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Referring to them by country would probably make the most sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    I don't call Indians Asian either, I call them Indian. I don't consider or call them middle eastern either.

Asian is certainly misleading either way. Why not call them Pakistani then? That article says "Asian" 12 times, enough for each of the men involved. I was tempted to make a collage of the pictures of the men guilty with each having a giant "ASIAN" label over it - but that's more effort than you guys are worth, so you can just look at the pictures yourself and imagine how ridiculous that is.

And if I did call them middle eastern, I wouldn't call them middle eastern 12 times. Article must be trolling.
    I've already answered that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Asian is typically used to refer to people from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
    The term 'Asian' is used because they are referring to people not just from Pakistan as being the problem, it also includes people from Bangladesh and India, aka Asians.

I've already answered that...

The term 'Asian' is used because they are referring to people not just from Pakistan as being the problem, it also includes people from Bangladesh and India, aka Asians.
    Meanwhile, the rest of the world will continue to refer to countries such as China and Japan when you describe an Asian appearance. Although it's geographically correct to call Pakistanis Asians, it's intentionally misleading.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Meanwhile, the rest of the world will continue to refer to countries such as China and Japan when you describe an Asian appearance. Although it's geographically correct to call Pakistanis Asians, it's intentionally misleading.
    I'm sorry for my country using words differently to you

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it confused me when I went to Europe.

Asian to them means India, Pakistan etc.

Oriental means Chinese, Korean, Japanese

Where as in Australia oriental = Asian.

10+ Year Old Account
    the term asians = orientals for most people. people from the middle east = arabs. and russians are europeans
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    It's our language, we even named the language after ourselves to avoid any confusion. If you want to call them something other than Asians, then come up with your own bloody language.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    the term asians = orientals for most people. people from the middle east = arabs. and russians are europeans
    Why are we oriental?

Pakistan isn't in the Middle East and the Middle East is mainly in Asia anyway.

Asian is typically used to refer to people from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
    hmm whats a closer culture,

Thailand and Pakistan
    or
    Afghanistan and Pakistan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    hmm whats a closer culture,

Thailand and Pakistan
    or
    Afghanistan and Pakistan
    Who gives a shit? We ruled India, so they get to be called Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    What's with the rape stories and MMO-Champ these days ? its like raping in this World just started with migrants !
    Somebody's doing the raping Dlhak!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Of course it takes two to tango... but it's literally like 99.999% their fault and she owns the rest.
    I'm not entirely sure how anyone can uh...justify...saying that a rape victim bears any blame at all. o_O
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    It's not significantly higher, people just want to spread the hate so they post literally every case if they think it can be negative against immigrants.
    Not mentioning that someone just posted the news article that an afghan woman was killed by a mob because she was accused of burning Quran. which happened several months ago, but hey! Its working like a charm! All Im seeing in this forum lately is just hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    It's not significantly higher, people just want to spread the hate so they post literally every case if they think it can be negative against immigrants.
    Its probably not helping the immigrants case when they go to places and start committing crimes. Its one thing to post anything at all just to spread hate. Its another when they are committing pretty serious crimes with so many people involved in such a quick time frame.

OT: This is starting to get out of hand. Who in the world is responsible for screening these people? It seems a rather too large number of them are getting through and then committing rape and other crimes.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2016-02-10 at 01:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you read the article. She was running drugs for a drug dealer and attempted to tell the police. As a result, the drug dealer pimped her out for her actions. This is more a case of sex trade slavery. The average sentence was 12 years. With some of the younger defendants getting 3 years in young offenders prison.

Either way, the Muslim community is wrong for blaming the girl.

Who gives a shit? We ruled India, so they get to be called Asian.
    Let's settle this:

India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Nepal/Afghanistan = South Asians

China/Korea/Japan = East Asians/Far Easterners

Thailand/Philippines/Indonesia/Vietnam/Laos = Southeast Asians

Is this okay?

I mean it's not like it matters, hell I mean if we are more accurate everyone in Europe and Asia would just be Eurasians. Not like ethnicities and their features necessarily care what region they migrated to many centuries or a thousand or so years ago.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2016-02-10 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Let's settle this:

India/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Nepal/Afghanistan = South Asians

China/Korea/Japan = East Asians/Far Easterners

Thailand/Philippines/Indonesia/Vietnam/Laos = Southeast Asians

Is this okay?

I mean it's not like it matters, hell I mean if we are more accurate everyone in Europe and Asia would just be Eurasians. Not like ethnicities and their features necessarily care what region they migrated to many centuries or a thousand or so years ago.
    No, it's not okay.

It's a British newspaper and English MP, talking to British people about an event that happened in England, we are perfectly fine with our terminology and don't need to change it because foreigners don't understand.

No, it's not okay.

It's a British newspaper and English MP, talking to British people about an event that happened in England, we are perfectly fine with our terminology and don't need to change it because foreigners don't understand.
    Very well, I mean I understood it pretty well, I am somewhat of an anglophile though.

It's kind of interesting how people think of Islam as just another religion like Christianity, Catholicism, Daoism, Hinduism, etc.
    I think it's very easy for people to misunderstand just how widespread colloquially-named "extreme Islam" is.

https://youtu.be/g7TAAw3oQvg?t=88
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Why arent they executed? They'll never reach all of those years.