Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In Memoriam: Chi Explosion

Y'know team. I thought I was really going to hate this ability when WoD first started, and I barely got my ungrateful grubby paws on it while leveling in Talador. After all, what was to like? It was strange! It was foreign! But it... There was something about it.

As our time together grew, so too did my love of Chi Explosion. It did so much! A single talent that flipped my stat priority, made my gameplay more engaging. Gone were the days of the endless blackout kicks, simply pressing whichever button I could afford because I had more chi than tactical gameplay. Begun were the days of god-tier cleave, and an olympic sized swimming pool filled with Tigereye Brew!

So I say to you, goodnight, sweet prince. We've had a helluva good time, and I'm going to miss you in Legion-- a lot. I don't know why you're going... I wish you wouldn't. But Blizzard has made up their mind. I want you to know, when you're looking down at me from that big zen cloud in the sky that Chi Orbit will never replace you in my heart, nor even will your neglected sister Hurricane Strike's dearest daughter, Spinning Dragon Strike.

I will yearn for you.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

RIP in peace Chi Explosion, Chi Torpedo, and most of all... RIP Clash never forget.

Also RIP Guard, Expel Harm, and any hope of Brewmaster self-sustainability.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    RIP in peace Chi Explosion, Chi Torpedo, and most of all... RIP Clash never forget.

I miss Clash D:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutora View Post
    RIP

I miss Clash D:
    Clash 5 lyfe, m9.

Clash was dumb, though. Yeah it was unique ability, but like Sentry Totem, it had almost no practical use whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally... good riddance. I was never a fan of the ability. Didn't like the playstyle nor the speed of the rotation.

Deleted
    RIP ChiExplosion, ability that made WW amazing and fun to play especially with class trinket .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Clash was dumb, though. Yeah it was unique ability, but like Sentry Totem, it had almost no practical use whatsoever.
    Are... what? Granted its raid utility was minimal outside trash but it was incredible in any 5man environment.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

where is the like button? +1 for BM and WW.

This is the real tragedy. Waiting for the spec to hit alpha so we can get our version of the "Blood DK is kinda ruined" thread

RIP to Chi Explosion and its cousins SEF and Chi Torpedo who were caught up in the sweep of "class fantasy" death.
    Monk

"Always look ahead and above yourself. Always try to improve upon yourself. Always strive to elevate your craft." -- Jiro Ono

Hahahaha...

Let me do one.

Dizzying Haze was dumb, though. Yeah it was unique ability, but like Clash, it had almost no practical use whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Clash 5 lyfe, m9.
    Missing clash here too

Deleted
    rest in peace

looks like somebody never did CMs :/

looks like somebody never did CMs :/
    No, I didn't.

Even so, only being useful in CMs is still not really useful in general. Just like one could argue that Sentry Totem was useful in battlegrounds....yeah, it kind of is, but it's dumb and pointless everywhere else.

We shouldn't have abilities that are semi-useful in certain parts of the game and useless everywhere else.

No, I didn't.

Even so, only being useful in CMs is still not really useful in general. Just like one could argue that Sentry Totem was useful in battlegrounds....yeah, it kind of is, but it's dumb and pointless everywhere else.

We shouldn't have abilities that are semi-useful in certain parts of the game and useless everywhere else.
    Clash was iconic, useful, fun, and had a great skill ceiling. Sorry but I have to disagree with you FULLY. I used it in raids too. If you didn't do content how can you comment on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a great run with Chi-ex and I'll certainly miss the fast paced gameplay, but I'll be fine with Chi-EX gone if Legion's SEF won't be completely broken (for worse) and/or SCK/RJW actually hits hard now that it costs chi instead of generating one.

chi ex made ww impossible to balance in conjunction with sef, so be glad

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    Clash was iconic, useful, fun, and had a great skill ceiling.
    Please, tell me where it was "useful" in raids, then, because I never found any significant use for it.

And...what, "iconic" ? I don't think Clash was the signature Monk ability, especially seeing as it got removed. No, "Iconic" abilities are things like Roll, SEF, Soothing Mist, Guard, etc....you know, abilities that actually get used.

Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    If you didn't do content how can you comment on it?
    Because challenge modes are the only content in WoW, right?

If an ability is useful in challenge modes but completely useless everywhere else, that's bad design.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-02-12 at 03:03 PM.