Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Children are unaffordable for most people now. Plus, when a man enters a relationship, he doesn't generally want to be seen as a sperm donor and a human wallet. He might want love and companionship. I find that many women these days skip the love and companionship part, and simply want someone who can raise a family. Once these women have lost their looks of course.

So now you have a child and are married. You are working 2 jobs for what seems like 24/7. You can't see your child, and you have a wife who can divorce you at any moment and take your paycheck if you dissatisfy her, or disobey her.

All of the above is enough to make any sane man give up the opposite sex.
    You know the solution to that problem is to find women who share your values and make great partners.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you dated modern women? I have never seen such disloyalty in my entire existence. You can't even trust many of them with birth control.
    What women are you dating? Are their appearances the deciding factor or their personality. Yeah if you pick a person for shallow reasons you will likely get a shallow person and a shallow person often creates a storm of drama.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

Robots are still robots, they won't be able to replace other humans in social interaction for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you dated modern women? I have never seen such disloyalty in my entire existence. You can't even trust many of them with birth control.
    Man, if that's a common phenomenon for you then I think you're chasing the wrong kind of women.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2016-02-10 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Miss Michigan is the best bang for the buck.

Few problems most people would have is:

1. Do I have to clean up the bot, or will it clean itself?
    2. How long does it take to set up positions?
    3. How long can it rub my back/feet/wang before the battery dies?

Edit

I think people are hoping that the portal gun comes before the sex bot.

I'm glad I'm not the only one putting way too much thought into this

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    I think people are hoping that the portal gun comes before the sex bot.
    The problem with the portal gun is that all it would take would be one guy opening a portal to the moon that couldn't be closed.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Waifu-bot without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I wouldn't give up women, there's a lot more to a girlfriend than sex I might get it if I was single for a really long time though - and if it cooked and cleaned I'd get one regardless, robot maid sounds awesome.
    To be honest, since we are talking about bots here and not just dolls: If it didn't know how to clean, I'd hack it until it could. If it is less mobile than a roomba then I doubt it would be a good sex bot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    The problem with the portal gun is that all it would take would be one guy opening a portal to the moon that couldn't be closed.
    The problem with the portal gun is that compared to (sex)robots, there is next to no chance we will ever see it outside of a game. Even if we couldn't solve the energy issues of humanoid robots, we could still hook up a cable to it's ass. Not sure how we'd punch holes through reality with the energy stored in a rifle shaped object.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd bang the sex bot until a good woman came along.............which probably would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Imagine if you could buy a sexbot that looked and acted like Scarlett Johansson, maybe was even capable of doing the cooking and cleaning. You would own this bot, or maybe lease it.

Or pick the woman/man of your dreams if Scarlett doesn't float your boat.

Would that make you give up RL women? Never pursue a RL relationship?

I'm just wondering if we're heading for a big die off of humanity once we develop robots like these.
    You should watch the movie Cherry 2000. It is the exact same premise but with 100% more 80's attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 trillion dollars

10+ Year Old Account
    In my head it sounds hot but I think if I were actually in that situation It'd probably feel wrong and I would feel weird doing it. Knowing that it's just a robot would probably put me off about it. It'd make for the best sex toy ever but nothing more than that.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    You should watch the movie Cherry 2000. It is the exact same premise but with 100% more 80's attitude.
    There are dozens of books, TV shows and films with a somewhat similar premise. Twilight Zone episode comes to mind.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Eh, 50/50. There is nothing you can get from one that you cant get from the other, depends on what you are on a relationship for.
    Personally I date because I enjoy the person, not due to sex or companionship (you can get those from friends).

Theres little difference in my eyes, so sure, either would work. Wouldnt stop talking with women though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that isn't how that works. The question is wrong. A person might be gay, straight or both but you don't give up. I also don't understand how finding anybody could be that tough.

I mean maybe one is so emotionally and psychologically fucked up. But honestly if you're a shit human being you're gonna have problems with the opposite or same sex.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviorasi View Post
    No, I've been married for over 20 years and my wife won't let me date. Good thing too apparently.
    ROFL. Good answer.

Many are already addicted to machines. Those which can bring them the things they desire without leaving their homes or being attached to another person. Computers, TV's, toys, etc. I can see some day robots being one of them. For some however, enjoying the company of another person means a lot more than just sex. In some cases sex is not even part of the scenario.

Ive always been a loner who prefers his own company so i would love a sexbot who would help me get my rocks off then i could just pack her away in a cupboard until the next time my nads need emptying LOL

A Kendall Jenner clone of my very own

But really I basically have given up on women, if they come my way and things work out cool if not whatever I'm not really fussed about it

My dick is spoiled on modified fleshlight, don't really need a woman

7+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't need to be robot, really. But a laser printer and interchangeable parts (face, hair, boobs, vag) would be pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    What women are you dating? Are their appearances the deciding factor or their personality. Yeah if you pick a person for shallow reasons you will likely get a shallow person and a shallow person often creates a storm of drama.
    Not everyone's into fat/ugly chics. There's literally no reason to date someone that doesn't fit your physical attraction preferences.