Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pvp gearing question.

In the past i only pvped once and awhile. Recently though i started to actually focus on it more on my 2nd max level hunter.

So my question is there a specific gearing order?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

For the most part I work on 4 piece, weapons, and trinkets simultaneously.

Ah. Well i was kinda of thinking weapons then trinkets then set pieces then everything else.

Always double trinkets first unless you like getting 2 shot all the time while undergeared

Even if you have the weapon you wont do much if you cant live. At least if you're alive you can add CC and utility to the group

I have both trinkets. I will link the hunter asap to see if i am messing up anything else

- - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackwater-raiders/Dralana/simple

>_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you have to collect more gear obv. But I recommend these talents for BM switch 1st tier posthaste 2nd tier binding shot or WS 5th tier Murder of crows.
    For glyph u should remove pathfinding and liberation and get glyph of Solace and Explosive trap.
    Also consider switching Powershot with Barrage.
    Get 4pc of set and on other gear stack Mastery/Versatility. Also enchant all gear with Versatility. Just my recommendation hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrim View Post
    Well you have to collect more gear obv. But I recommend these talents for BM switch 1st tier posthaste 2nd tier binding shot or WS 5th tier Murder of crows.
    For glyph u should remove pathfinding and liberation and get glyph of Solace and Explosive trap.
    Also consider switching Powershot with Barrage.
    Get 4pc of set and on other gear stack Mastery/Versatility. Also enchant all gear with Versatility. Just my recommendation hope it helps.
    Thank you.
    I was using powershot to try and knock people away from healers. The knock back sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Always double trinkets first unless you like getting 2 shot all the time while undergeared

Even if you have the weapon you wont do much if you cant live. At least if you're alive you can add CC and utility to the group
    with conquest you buy always the weapon first, there is simply no exception.

the conquest weapons do never drop from a strongbox in ashran or rbgs and give the most bang for the buck, of course you need some points before you can invest.

for this i would get the set pieces with the most valuable stats on them, usually mastery.

4set piece are not always worth it depending on spec, sometime its better to wait for strongboxes that drop non set gear with mastery/versatility.

So far so good. Though strongboxes are getting annoying when you only get gold
    Can't get conquest weapons yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    with conquest you buy always the weapon first, there is simply no exception.
    since you literally CANT buy them first, this is stupid.

you can buy ~3k worth of gear before you get the weapon, because you have to earn ~7k to unlock the weapon

Remove blink strikes. Get murder of crows. Bestial wrath + murder of crows + dire beast is a wicked combo for burst. Get rid of animal bond and pathfinding. Path finding is pretty useless. Explosive trap is a good glyph. Combo it with binding shot to get an assured stun or use it to keep the enemy's away from the healers. Glyph of deterrence is also a really strong one. Reduces the damage you take while deterrence is active by an additional 20%. Animal bond doesn't really effect spirit bond. You may want to consider Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimaera. Lower disengage cd means more chances to heal and get away.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Been focused on gearing havent went and got the glyphs yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Been focused on gearing havent went and got the glyphs yet.
    At least get the explosive trap glyph. Its so much fun to knock people off the edge of bg maps to their death.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    At least get the explosive trap glyph. Its so much fun to knock people off the edge of bg maps to their death.
    Ok. Thank you.

So whats the point of honor after you have the gear?

Deleted
    So whats the point of honor after you have the gear?
    Brutal gladiator's mutilator. Vendors for 16G. You'll need big bags.

Deleted
    In the past i only pvped once and awhile. Recently though i started to actually focus on it more on my 2nd max level hunter.

So my question is there a specific gearing order?
    Trinkets 1st. You want that passive 15% damage reduction asap.

Then get the 4p set bonus. After that get the off-set pieces.

Mandatory glyphs:
    -Spirit Something (or whatever it's called, that improves your Spirit Bond passive heal).
    -Explosive Trap - extra gap maker, always valuable.
    Optional glyphs:
    -Camouflage. Stealth is good in some situations.
    -Solace. As survival you may want to ice trap and not have it break from dots.
    -Snake Trap. Best thing about it is that it replaces Frost Trap (aoe slow) and it no longer shares cd with Ice Trap, so basically you now have an extra cc, not to mention it also benefits from Entrapment and roots your target for 4 sec just like Frost Trap.
    Last edited by mmoc57bfc187b9; 2016-02-18 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    since you literally CANT buy them first, this is stupid.

you can buy ~3k worth of gear before you get the weapon, because you have to earn ~7k to unlock the weapon
    except, that nowdays if you twink a char up to 100 and get conquest points and gear, your total CP cap is around 15k-17k now. before you get 7k to unlock the weapons you will get a shitload of honor in ashran and bgs.

I bet even a newbie player will survive with just blues in nonrated pvp, before he can access the weapons and trinkets, waiting for it can be useful as trinkets, which are a logical 1st choice as the blue ones are that bad - can drop anytime in strongboxes of ashran and possible rbgs, so buying anything before you got the strongboxes of 2 weeks is pretty much a waste of CP.

so in the end i geared multiple toons in the best conquest gear stats in no time before screaming stupid you should rather wonder about yourself beeing that what you claim others to be, right?

Hard to get conquest when you get fail groups. Oh well. Horde seems to dominate on weekends anyway

Deleted
    Hard to get conquest when you get fail groups. Oh well. Horde seems to dominate on weekends anyway
    Yep, you're gonna have to switch some shit groups in Ashran before you find a good one. Just enter, see how it goes and then leave after the 5 min if it goes bad, and requeue. My record is 12 shit groups in row but it happened once and it was during a weekend, and no, it wasn't because the horde dominated, it was because none of these 12 groups had a fucking leader, some had like 10 healers and no dps obviously and some had 1-2 healers.

Most important for any group is to have a leader. Insufficient healers or too many healers, or even the other guys having AA, is not what makes a group shit. What makes a group shit is the absolute lack of coordination that always happens when there is no one calling the shots.
    Last edited by mmoc57bfc187b9; 2016-02-19 at 07:28 AM.