Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The hyperbole on this thread is pathetic, yes there are bots but nothing like the kind of thing people are talking about here, people even quitting the game over it? Give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    That's why I stopped doing BGs.
    y did u stop BGs? Kick bots are not really relevant there, since ppl there have very little skill on avg and have crap gear. Hence, the gap between a skilled pvper with full conquest gear and a fresh or pve toon is Huge. Personally kick bots only bug me in 3s, while regular bgs pretty much an easy pwnage every game, win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    They do ban waves, and they don't lose 30% of their subs.You are exaggerating. Grats on realm first mythic Archimonde. No one cares if you've been a player since original wow.

So, top #1 player in world: if you actually kept up with anything you know Blizzard does ban waves. They don't ban everyone right away, because that's stupid. Bots can change how they're programmed easily and become undetectable.
    This argument really doesn't make any sense, even if Blizzard has that philosophy on it. If anything, it seems (and I never thought I'd say Blizzard was lazy) it's more laziness than anything. I mean, I get the underlying reason for it per se, but not really. It's just kicking the can down the road really. Ban 1000 people at once, have the bot dev's change some stuff and let it run rampant for another few months or ban 100 people every few days and have the bot dev's give up that they are constantly having to work for that money, which will presumably lead to burn-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    This literally has to stop. I cannot go a day without running into at least 12 kickbots in 5v5's 3v3's and rated battlegrounds. No matter how many character reports my team and I send, nothing gets done. I honestly think blizzard is scared to ban kickbotters because they would lose 30% of the pvp player subscription. I'm not exaggerating. I do not agree with cheating. And Blizzard standing by doing nothing about it, is just as worse.
    You can fake the kickbots easily, you just need to figure out if they are the cheap version (instant 0.01 second kick) or the more advanced ones that kick at ~70%. Once you got that figured out, you'll be fine. You can even trigger their trinkets by stunning them etc. and then casting something as they will trinket in order to kick you (that's in the case of full botting), or if it's just a kickbot, let him kick you when there's not pressure and cast with a cc on his head when the interrupt is off CD.

Was that hard now? Interrupt bots have been here since Cataclysm, atleast that's when i remember them, maybe they were out earlier than that, never used them as i think it's a stupid thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    You can fake the kickbots easily, you just need to figure out if they are the cheap version (instant 0.01 second kick) or the more advanced ones that kick at ~70%.
    I'm just a noob but wouldn't you be able to modify what % the kick happens through the bot? I know absolutely nothing about this kind of shit but I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    A kick bot is a bot. It's literally in the name. A bot does an action for you without you having to do it. IE: kicking an opponent automatically. You can set it to do this when the target is at a certain health percentage and below. How are you this dense and angry? You sure you quoted the right person?

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I'm just a noob but wouldn't you be able to modify what % the kick happens through the bot? I know absolutely nothing about this kind of shit but I'm curious.
    You can modify the bot to kick randomly between set values. For instance between 90-100% cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Fighting botting is one of the few reasons I can think of for supporting the various international trade agreements currently being negotiated.
    Since those are mostly about deregulation to the lowest common denominator, it might very well go the way of preventing any restrictions on botting.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Since those are mostly about deregulation to the lowest common denominator, it might very well go the way of preventing any restrictions on botting.
    There's a whole lot of IP protection in there. That's a big reason the US is pushing it. You're talking about regulations protecting consumers rather than corporations.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I have a friend that used to bot and i remember he told me with a lot of excitement what a bot can do in arena and i remember something about 70%. As far as i know the bot wasn't very customisable as he would log onto his bot account like you would long into your mail and then the bot would activate and was optimised by the owned itself, not the user. Maybe i'm mistakening and it's more to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    I have a friend that used to bot and i remember he told me with a lot of excitement what a bot can do in arena and i remember something about 70%. As far as i know the bot wasn't very customisable as he would log onto his bot account like you would long into your mail and then the bot would activate and was optimised by the owned itself, not the user. Maybe i'm mistakening and it's more to that.
    thats some seriously bad program then

like 3 years ago i checked some cheats for private server games and the ammount of things you can set on a bot is freaken crazy you can set and save Paths movement what ability to use when to you range to when to attack you can even download ENTIRE saved settings bassicaly that go and lvl your char up from lvl 1 to max level in some games.

you can set at what % hp start to use some def cds and heals AUTOMATICALY you can bassicaly can do almost anything with them.

Blizzard can detect kickbots, and kickbots are indeed bots by both name and definition. The issue is as soon as you detect one pattern it can easily be changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Im not gonna stand and argue over definitions I think its kinda obvious that blizzard can't detect this shit 1) because we still fight idiots who use it 2) because they have detected (and banned) everything else.
    you still fight idiots who use everything they're banned before, so not sure where you were trying to go with that point. When a bot gets banned they just make a slightly different bot that isn't immediately detected, but all bots CAN be detected generally. This is why we still have frequent ban waves after 11 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    They do ban waves, and they don't lose 30% of their subs.You are exaggerating. Grats on realm first mythic Archimonde. No one cares if you've been a player since original wow.

So, top #1 player in world: if you actually kept up with anything you know Blizzard does ban waves. They don't ban everyone right away, because that's stupid. Bots can change how they're programmed easily and become undetectable.
    First, the OP didn't say anything about being "a player since original wow". Quit making shit up.

These phony "BHAAAAN WHAAAVES!1!" don't mean diddly. It's done for PR spin that makes noobs and fanbois think Blizz is doing something about cheaters, when the reality is they're looking the other way because it makes them money.

You should do some reading on it:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1870181-Cheating

Look through those threads on the official WoW forums, they tell the story. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If Blizz were actually serious about stopping cheaters, they'd do a whole lot more than weak 6-month "bans". They could wipe accts. of all titles/ranks and acheives, clear all banks & bags of items, and bust these asshats down to lvl 1 on all toons or accts...including their guilds. Second offense would mean total ban by payment method, physical address, and hardware bans. It IS doable.

Or they could do what other games like Rift have done - put cheaters in a separate group of only other cheaters to play with. Give them a dose of their own medicine, see how they like it.

If you think the cheats and scripters are "undetectable" to use as an excuse, then you've drunk the Blizz Kool-Aid. Blizzard knows exactly who's cheating, a large number of them, but they don't want to lose the money from bans or the free advertising that the Twitch streamers and Youtuber's give them.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-19 at 06:04 PM.

There is no solution, its basically software evolution. Every time they make a change to get a particular set of bots they evolve and so on and so on. Bots have existed for 20 years or more, its just one software designer pitted against another and getting upset about it won't ever stop it. Its the equivalent of people doping for the Olympics, always going to happen even when they know they will get caught. Nothing new, the people at the top of anything in the world almost always cheat the system, the ones that haven't been caught are just lucky or to well protected.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-06-19 at 06:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    First, the OP didn't say anything about being "a player since original wow". Quit making shit up.

He has edited his post and removed it, so......

10+ Year Old Account
    Just play a Warrior, boom IMMUNE to kicks.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Note the edit on the OP. Other than that, I didn't bother to read anything else you said, since this topic is talked about ad nauseam. ~Stop replying to edited threads from over 4 months ago~

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Note the edit on the OP. Other than that, I didn't bother to read anything else you said, since this topic is talked about ad nauseam. ~Stop replying to edited threads from over 4 months ago~
    The topic is "talked about" but the facts about what Blizz has been doing (or not doing) for years seems to get left out.

If you like to swallow the PR crap routinely spewed by Blizz, then keep plugging your ears saying 'neener neener! I can't hear yooou!' However, what Blizz claims and what we constantly see in the game are two different things.

BTW, I'll reply to topics that are still relevant any time I wish, TYVM. For example, I started a thread on cheating in Rated PvP back in Sept. as I linked earlier, and nothing has changed 9 months later - if anything it's only gotten worse and more players have quit. If and when the cheating has been properly dealt with then we won't need these kinds of threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    He has edited his post and removed it, so......
    But Mystile didn't edit his reply to it, so...
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-22 at 07:49 PM.

Bots have always been rampant in PVP and it's the main reason I gave up on the game and don't even bother doing bg's anymore, for me they completely murdered the best aspect of the game for me and that was bg's so now I do ashran for a bit of PVP fun yet that will probably be removed in legion so back to pvping with bots I guess, yay.