Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The main way is to simply PvP, especially in rated PvP. Your personal preformance doesn't matter TOO much in the overall flow of rated BGs (Even if your actual skill is average, as long as you have a steady group capable of cooperating, you'll do fine).

A better way is to find a buddy who doesn't do much of anything besides questing/soloing, and invite him along while hes doing his own thing. Que for rated 2s. Buddy stays out, you go in. The higher you can climb, the better you are (Tack +500 onto whatever your eventual rating is. If you settle down around 1100, then you'll likely not be able to go too much above 1600. If you settle around 1600, then you can probably climb up above 2100)
    What on earth......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uno View Post
    Just wondering how I go about evaluating myself as a player in the PvP realm of things.

How do I know if I'm good enough for arenas, rbgs, etc?

Let's discuss.
    DO arena skirmishes a lot until you feel you can cast/move properly by reflex without straining to hard to focus on your own mechanics but more on the fight/what the opponents are doing. After that you can confidently jump into rated arenas and easily climb to 1700. After 1700 the shit gets tough and you really need to play a lot and focus on improving more while having proper comp and team mates.

Also duels, tons of duels. Duels are the best learning method for starting. You learn how to beat/react to every specific class/spec.
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2016-02-17 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Well do you play a female human with -qt in the name? If no, then you're not a very good pvp-er.
    Love this so much <3

On Topic: PVP is that part of WoW I personally think is something players who've played a while - get into. The reason I think more people don't get into it anymore is that the second they get in a pvp environment - the people they are up against are synergy masters, especially folks that have keybinds down pat, and quick thinking on the fly (sacrificing yourself to slow an enemy team in a bg, fighting on flags/nodes, knowing when to cc, and when to focus a low health target/know when to fall back and reset) - some people are like me: I play alllll the time (4-8 hours a week) - and I can only get into challenger/soldier range - some people pick the game up proper and become glads/heroes in no time.. Overall, you kind of have to be the judge of how good you are, and how good to become/how dedicated do you want to be, etc. imo... Just have fun

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to break it to u, but if u gotta ask if ur good, ur prolly not that good
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    In all seriousness, you do need to be a human female.

Your name needs to include either "x" at the end, or a reference to a twitch emote somewhere.

Your guild name needs to be all lower case, and either a reference to Holinka/a well known player/how bad wow is/twitch meme/Bob Ross. The lower case part makes it seem like "you don't try" and that you "don't take it seriously" even though you play the game all day and push for r1 every season.

Same thing with transmog. You spent weeks farming raids for gear? That's tryhard. You should've picked up some revealing outfit from the Auction House from gold that you made doing 2s boosts. You don't care about the game nor try. Make sure you have some engineering goggles. Better yet, you can get an intentionally ugly set to make sure that you keep portraying the point that WoW is a joke to you.

Make sure you wear your Challenger/Rival title "just to troll", even though it's the highest title you've actually earned.

Make sure you're always flagged for PvP. The green name stands out more and it shows you're not afraid of anyone, because you're better than them all.

When offered a duel, don't even target them. They're a filthy casual. They're not even worth acknowledging. They're not worthy of you targeting them or responding to them.

When you see a top-tier player make a mistake on Twitch, make sure you call them bad.

When you lose an arena match, even though you're raging, make sure you call the other team "tryhards"

Make sure you troll trade chat about how famous you are because you got blocked by Holinka on Twitter.

Randomly add Twitch emotes to the end of things you're saying, even though you're not on Twitch.

Engage in AJ drama even if you don't know who the person is.

Source: I was around these people throughout MoP. It's literally how it really is.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-02-22 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    The moment you qualify for the queue is when you are 'good enough'.
    Whether you are good enough for the group you are about to play with you'll only find out by playing xD

Don't get intimidated by rated pvp. That's what RATED is for, you will end up with people around your skill level soon enough, and if you keep on playing you will improve and rise in skill and rating.
    Don't be intimidated by loud ragers in groups. There's tons of mentally unstable insecure morons with zero social intelligence in online gaming. Find some people around or slightly above your skill level that you enjoy playing with.

my2cents about non-professional online competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    When you RBG, do you constantly get kicked right when you cast? Do you see players flying around the map with flags? Do you see players with no gear being carried by other players? Do you go against a High Rated team with only two players? Do you constantly get DDOS when doing rated PvP?
    If so, congrats! You have reached the pinnacle of WoW PvP!
    Also this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    In all seriousness, you do need to be a human female.

Your name needs to include either "x" at the end, or a reference to a twitch emote somewhere.

Your guild name needs to be all lower case, and either a reference to Holinka/a well known player/how bad wow is/twitch meme/Bob Ross. The lower case part makes it seem like "you don't try" and that you "don't take it seriously" even though you play the game all day and push for r1 every season.

Same thing with transmog. You spent weeks farming raids for gear? That's tryhard. You should've picked up some revealing outfit from the Auction House from gold that you made doing 2s boosts. You don't care about the game nor try. Make sure you have some engineering goggles. Better yet, you can get an intentionally ugly set to make sure that you keep portraying the point that WoW is a joke to you.

Make sure you wear your Challenger/Rival title "just to troll", even though it's the highest title you've actually earned.

Make sure you're always flagged for PvP. The green name stands out more and it shows you're not afraid of anyone, because you're better than them all.

When offered a duel, don't even target them. They're a filthy casual. They're not even worth acknowledging. They're not worthy of you targeting them or responding to them.

When you see a top-tier player make a mistake on Twitch, make sure you call them bad.

When you lose an arena match, even though you're raging, make sure you call the other team "tryhards"

Make sure you troll trade chat about how famous you are because you got blocked by Holinka on Twitter.

Randomly add Twitch emotes to the end of things you're saying, even though you're not on Twitch.

Engage in AJ drama even if you don't know who the person is.

Source: I was around these people throughout MoP. It's literally how it really is.
    I lol'd post of the year.

The funny thing is that this is actually most of the people that are around Rival-Duelist range.