Buying a new gaming pc

I'm looking for some advice on a computer. I play mostly blizzard games, poe, LoL, skyrim, fallout4, and a few other low end steam games. Nothing to crazy demanding. I'm looking to spend around 1k on the computer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgPFcf

That is the build I have so far. It was reccomended to me and its what i'm leaning towards. I would like to make sure that the build is upgradeable just in case in the future I decide to upgrade my video card it can handle it. Is there anything on that build that you would change?
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    I'm looking for some advice on a computer. I play mostly blizzard games, poe, LoL, skyrim, fallout4, and a few other low end steam games. Nothing to crazy demanding. I'm looking to spend around 1k on the computer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgPFcf

That is the build I have so far. It was reccomended to me and its what i'm leaning towards. I would like to make sure that the build is upgradeable just in case in the future I decide to upgrade my video card it can handle it. Is there anything on that build that you would change?
    You can save some money on your gpu: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-r9390p8256

Deleted
    I'd say cut down to 8gb of ram if you want to save abit, you don't need 16gb to game and normal use. You can have most of 2 games at once with 8gb, you can always buy another 8stick later. Point is to put more money towards other parts.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Micro Center)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($138.98 @ Directron)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($283.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case ($76.49 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($66.50 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1028.70
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-12 02:15 EST-0500

There bang for your buck. I'm sooo jelly you live by a Microcenter.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.44 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170A PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($99.10 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill NT Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Silicon Power Slim S55 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($63.29 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($46.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.99 @ Micro Center)
    Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $908.67
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-12 05:38 EST-0500

I also work from home on multiple remote connections so the ram is helpful for me. I'm told that the motherboard that was picked wouldn't allow me to overclock the processor, what would you suggest for a better mother board then? 1,000 is a reference point because of the build I was given, it is not a limit.

My thoughts now are better power supply, better ram, better motherboard? I see you guys are finding a similar video card cheaper. What is the difference between the sapphire and the powercolor, or the xfx? I don't know enough about this stuff to understand why the same card is named in multiple ways.

Deleted
    Which mobo exactly can't overclock? Any Z170 mobo will overclock, depending on the mobo you can have more stable results. Really tho how good will depend from the chip itself.
    Aftermarket manufacturers give different clocks and cooling solutions, some are better than the others but also a little more expensive. It xfx is usually cheap but its lower quality cooling solution, its louder etc. Sapphire is doing amd gpu and is a good brand but some of its cooling solutions its not their best. Their older 290X-tri something was one if not the best cooling solution at that time. Like asus current 3fan design, its not their best imo compared to their strix version. Powercolor has also been around for a long time but enough times they had problem with some gpu series so i never considered them one good ones even for a cheaper price.

Really if you could raise the budget and get very good quality on all parts, this is what i would get right now:

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.90 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($138.98 @ Directron)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390X 8GB Video Card ($389.99 @ Micro Center)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1213.61
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-12 08:39 EST-0500

Surely there's a typo here, and you meant "building", right?

Obviously building. But I have to buy the parts first.

I'm leaning towards the MSI r9 390. I don't see the benefit of the 390x. It seems barely any better for 60+ dollars. Is it for the future?

If you are going to pickup the CPU at MicroCenter. You might as well grab the motherboard there. You get $20 off if you do CPU+Motherboard combo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    Obviously building. But I have to buy the parts first.

I'm leaning towards the MSI r9 390. I don't see the benefit of the 390x. It seems barely any better for 60+ dollars. Is it for the future?
    For what you're playing you don't *need* the 390x. If you should get it or not depends on your future plans. Personally I would go with the 390x if you don't plan on upgrading to the new GPUs coming out later this year. But if you do intend on upgrading, you could easily get away with a 380 and have very good performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

Quote Originally Posted by Cellice View Post
    If you are going to pickup the CPU at MicroCenter. You might as well grab the motherboard there. You get $20 off if you do CPU+Motherboard combo.
    I'm pretty much getting everything at microcenter. Build is just about complete now. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fn7C3C

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this to the build/upgrade subforum
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab