Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True.

/10char
    He was actually in x man 3 as well, at the very start of the movie when they go talk to Jean when she's a kid.

I asked a guy at work, who has a Deadpool leg tattoo, and he said it was amazing so I'm goin to assume it's amazing.

Deleted
    Solid 10/10. I went to the cinema with a bit of doubt whether they could really transfer comics feeling into the movie, and they surely did. Nice to see Reynolds fitting so well into the character.

And holyfuckingdonkyballs, Angel is damn hot.

Deadpool
    The jokes fly so fast and thick I missed some. And the audience didn't quite catch that the opening credits were also gags. There were scenes that really ripped into the X-Men series (and especially Wolverine) that made me go gah! (an action figure of that particular DP...was simply...oo)
    The sequence when he's fighting Colossus had me laughing for 10 minutes so hard I hurt myself.
    On top of that, it was a damn good movie. There were even a few moments that were almost touching...not that it balances out all the other "touching" moments. "Teabag!" :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

We're going to see Professor X.
    Which one, Macavoy or Stewart? These timelines are so fucked up.

LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, so one of the biggest gripes about the movies isn't the movie itself but the audiences. Breaking the 4th wall (which is half of what Deadpool is all about) is part of the gag. If audiences aren't in on the joke then it becomes awkward. Seems like a lot of people go in expecting Disney Marvel and then you get Deadpool who is riding into battle into a taxi and hyper aware of his status as a super hero minus the hero part.

Fortunatley it seems like a enough people "get it" for the movie to not fall flat because that could've easily happened.

You could tell Ryan Reynolds had a lot of passion for the character and really wanted the movie to be good. Kind of glad that Disney doesn't have rights to all the Marvel movies now, couldn't see them doing Deadpool justice. 7

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Heh, so one of the biggest gripes about the movies isn't the movie itself but the audiences. Breaking the 4th wall (which is half of what Deadpool is all about) is part of the gag. If audiences aren't in on the joke then it becomes awkward. Seems like a lot of people go in expecting Disney Marvel and then you get Deadpool who is riding into battle into a taxi and hyper aware of his status as a super hero minus the hero part.

Fortunatley it seems like a enough people "get it" for the movie to not fall flat because that could've easily happened.
    I think you have a good point there. Half the jokes are comic book/comic book movie tie ins and commentary. That makes quite a substantial chunk of its appeal quite niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I think you have a good point there. Half the jokes are comic book/comic book movie tie ins and commentary. That makes quite a substantial chunk of its appeal quite niche.
    But there really isn't anything you can do about that.

I think its well done if they can do said jokes and people who know nothing about the comics can laugh there ass off.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    But there really isn't anything you can do about that.

I think its well done if they can do said jokes and people who know nothing about the comics can laugh there ass off.
    Indeed. There are a lot of jokes where you have to be a bit of a geek to get them, but the movie is still very funny for people who aren't, which is a commendable feat on the writer's part.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was hilarious and entertaining from start to finish. It was a very standard origin/revenge story, but that didn't matter because of how well they executed the character and attitude of Deadpool. Absolutely loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I could see how a bit of enjoyment could be taken out of it based on how the audience is reacting to it. I was in a 7pm show on Sat night and everyone there seemed to be laughing as much as I was. But even if they weren't, I still would have loved the movie, I don't think it would have changed my experience with it by a lot except for wondering what was wrong with those people afterwards.

7+ Year Old Account
    I loved the movie, and I usually don't like superhero movies at all, people were applauding throughout when I went with some friends, had a great time, everyone even stayed for the end credits!

Quote Originally Posted by Evelina View Post
    I loved the movie, and I usually don't like superhero movies at all, people were applauding throughout when I went with some friends, had a great time, everyone even stayed for the end credits!
    The end credits was the best credits I have seen in a movie ever.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Projections have this at 135 for its opening weekend. Amazing for the scrappy little R rated flick Fox thought nobody wanted.
    Even more so when the budget is only around 60mil.

I just hope it doesn't take forever to go to blu-ray but I am sure it will take the normal amount of time.

Even more so when the budget is only around 60mil.

I just hope it doesn't take forever to go to blu-ray but I am sure it will take the normal amount of time.
    4-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    4-6 months.
    I know sadly . I guess it will be a personal birthday gift for me. Until then ill enjoy the game.

There wont be a Director's Cut of the film on dvd/blu-ray.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Absolutly loved this film and so did the audience. 11am Saturday showing, three quarter full and in the UK so while there was no applause, it was very well received with lots of laughter. This gave it a great atmosphere throughout.

I found it refreshing for a couple of reasons. First the higher age rating gave the violence, humour and 4th wall breaks far more freedom and secondly (possibly most importantly) there was no saving the world. I hope future Deadpool movies stick to this and dont try to outdo the "bigger" superhero blockbusters.

Only seen it once so the best laughs I remember were the opening credits, colossus fight, "I am taking you to the professor!" "which one? Mcavoy or stewart? the timeline is so confusing", the finger to colossus, the baby hand, end credits but there were tons of laughter inbetween these too.

I will be seeing this at the cinema again and already have the steelbook ordered. Considering I have never read any of the comics, the writers and directors have done a fine job in my opinion.

So it seems Deadpool 2 is officially Greenlit. I must have missed the meno. Etherway more chimichanga's for us.

So it seems Deadpool 2 is officially Greenlit. I must have missed the meno. Etherway more chimichanga's for us.
    It was Greenlit before it even opened up in theaters for the general audience
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    It was Greenlit before it even opened up in theaters for the general audience
    I though as much but figured that was just rumor.

Its good the movie is going to make profit. Can't wait for a Deadpool 2.

I figured that if Deadpool hit around the 50-60 million mark it would justify the expectations of Reynolds who seemed to have nearly willed this movie into existence.

'Deadpool' Smashes Box Office Records On Way to $260 Million Worldwide Opening

All that aggressive ad-work that Reynolds put in seems to have paid off.