Deleted

[Audiobooks] Recommendations

Not only do I drive around a lot, but I also like listening to audiobooks while playing wow. Im running out of material right now and Im looking for a really good sword&sorcery epic fantasy series to keep my ears busy.

Things Im looking for: mystery, prophecy, war, religion, an identifiable protagonist and a halfway decent narrator.

Any recommendations?
    Last edited by mmocc0f7df4180; 2016-02-12 at 10:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You tried the Stormlight Archive? Narrated by Kate Reading and Michael Kramer.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Good suggestion by Apepi. I'd also suggest The Wheel of Time series, also narrated by the same two. They are excellent narrators.

Recently I got into The Dresden Files. The books didn't do much for me as reading material but I checked out the audiobook version around the third series book. Really well done!

The books are read by James Marsters, of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame, and his performance really makes the personalities pop where it Dresden Files can be kinda bland on the page.

Last edited by Fencers; 2016-02-13 at 02:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Good suggestion by Apepi. I'd also suggest The Wheel of Time series, also narrated by the same two. They are excellent narrators.
    Ive tried the Wheel of Time, it honestly is a bit too long to get into now, which is why I recommended Stormlight Archive.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra-Cante View Post
    Things Im looking for: mystery, prophecy, war, religion, an identifiable protagonist and a halfway decent narrator. Any recommendations?
    Echo of the High Kings, Wrath of the Usurper (The Eoriel Saga) by Kal Spriggs narrated by Eric G. Dove

First its a very classic and worn out plot. The the Usurper kill the ruler and his family, the rulers daughter manages to get away, blacksmith's son get his village burnt by the Usurpers mercenarys then they hunt rulers daughter, blacksmith's son team up with rulers daughter and start a rebellion. Sound cheesy, it is.

Now the strength, the antagonists are very interesting, the Usurper is not pure evil, he only took the power becuse the ruler did not see the threat of the barbarians who plane to invade (and the babarians is victimes of deamons) and he can not punish the mercenaries who burned the village becuse he need them in the coming fight. One of the mercenary captains is truly "good" and its intresting to folow her inner conflict then she support the usuper, she also become his right hand, and that make it hard to leave becuse then sombady realy bad can take over.

Magic is "common" they use shamans or witches on the battlefield, and wizards constructs stuff like flying ships and battel-golems and everyday objects. A far-reaching plot is to unite all realms and restor the old High Kingdom.

There are som realy hard turn on who is the rightfull heir to the realm.

Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-02-13 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ive tried the Wheel of Time, it honestly is a bit too long to get into now, which is why I recommended Stormlight Archive.
    Storm light is going to be almost as long as WoT when it's finished. Longer if you include the other books in the cosmere. The great thing about WoT is it now has an ending.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Storm light is going to be almost as long as WoT when it's finished. Longer if you include the other books in the cosmere. The great thing about WoT is it now has an ending.
    Yes, but you can read it in portions as it is coming out, much easier to consume.

Deleted
    Thank you guys for the many suggestions. I have started Wheel of Time now. I like what Im hearing so far, with regard to contense and narrators.