10+ Year Old Account

Do you think they can make a wow game like skyrim?

And what would it be like and what zone would you want one of these elder wow games to be set in? For me I would like to revisit the barrens, gorgrond, and howling fhord.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    you mean really boring and clunky with super overrated graphics? they did make the its called ESO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    you mean really boring and clunky with super overrated graphics? they did make the its called ESO
    Actually this time the graphics would be near skyrims level yet with also with the integrity of wows artwork. Plus it would be single player

I'd rather just have a co-op elder scrolls. I just want to play with a couple friends (1-2, 4 or more in a group seems too large).

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    skyrims graphics are nothing like wows comment does not compute

do you want more realistic graphics with big clunky wow armor i think id prefer cartoony, plus skyrim models all look absolutely terrible and every game bethesda has ever done has had character models that move and jump like marionettes, they're terrible.

Wow is basically single player up to raiding any way.

I'm assuming you mean a Warcraft game in the style of a Bethesda game. So like the sort of mechanics and immersiveness that you got in Skyrim but with WoW lore and races. If that's what you mean, I think it could be cool. I don't see why it should be confined to one zone, Morrowind was pretty spread out, Daggerfall was even more massive. Skyrim and Oblivion scaled the size down in favor of a full voice track and focus on physics and facial expressions. I think it would make for an awesome MOD for Skyrim or even Fallout 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pill8w View Post
    I'm assuming you mean a Warcraft game in the style of a Bethesda game. So like the sort of mechanics and immersiveness that you got in Skyrim but with WoW lore and races. If that's what you mean, I think it could be cool. I don't see why it should be confined to one zone, Morrowind was pretty spread out, Daggerfall was even more massive. Skyrim and Oblivion scaled the size down in favor of a full voice track and focus on physics and facial expressions. I think it would make for an awesome MOD for Skyrim or even Fallout 4.
    Yep this is what I meant. Thanks for clarifying. using one zone they could add tons of secrets, treasures, and locations like with skyrim thats why I mentioned with one zone that's all.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2016-02-13 at 05:10 AM.

Deleted
    That would be the dream leveling experience.
    Draenor is the MMO that came close to emulate a Skyrim.
    In WoD sometimes if you start aimlessly exploring on a random direction you are bound to find a rare/chest/jumping puzzle/secret.

Skyrim is still a million times better because you find a lot more secrets and random stories than in Draenor. But it was a very nice try.

But i don't know if it's worth doing such a perfect leveling experience...leveling content is forgotten forever after 3 days into the expansion
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-02-13 at 05:12 AM.

I'd rather them make a game like Witcher 3, but to answer your question. Yes, they can, but unsure when.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    skyrims graphics are nothing like wows comment does not compute

do you want more realistic graphics with big clunky wow armor i think id prefer cartoony, plus skyrim models all look absolutely terrible and every game bethesda has ever done has had character models that move and jump like marionettes, they're terrible.

Wow is basically single player up to raiding any way.
    Graphics =\= Aesthetics. Actually they would look better. Take a look at some the skyrim mods that add in armor and weapons from wow. It actually looks good. If modders can do that then the wow team could do better.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can but I don't think they make single-player games any longer. It's just not what they do. If they did though, I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat. Skyrim in Azeroth would be OK by me. They would sell a crap ton of them too.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No not really. The Skyrim world isn't remotely large enough (as depicted in that game at least), insta travel is utter bullshit under any circumstance, and the things that make that game fun would be a disaster balance-wise in an MMO.

I like the idea, but I imagine focusing on one zone would be a little limiting - maybe use a cluster of zones, like Mulgore -> Barrens -> Durotar. That would probably be my pick. I also love the progression of Tirisfall -> Silverpine -> Hillsbrad -> Arathi. That'd be another great place to focus on.

Dunno... I'd pick Lordaeron (as a whole region).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never was a big fan of Skyrim (yes I said it), but I'll assume you just mean wow with a new graphics engine. They certainly could, although it would have to probably be a new world far smaller than current wow. I can't imagine it being single-player, so the most likely would be an updated wow with graphics more on-par with GW2 and probably a bit better than that. Who knows though if Blizz has the resources to really do that right now at least in parallel with continued wow expansions, or if they'd have to do something like say no more wow expansions and nothing wow for say 3-5 years while they shift all wow devs to that. I suppose it's even possible it's secretly in the works already. It wouldn't really be that surprising. If I were Morhaime I'd have started on it at least a year ago.