Not sure if my PC is performing the way it should be....

Specs

CPU Intel I7-5930K at 3.5 GHz (not overclocked
    MoB Asus X99 Rampage V Extreme
    GPU Strix Asus GTX 980ti (SLI) (Factory OC) 6GB DDR5
    RAM 32 GB Hyper X (8GB x 4)

Average FPS in my garrison in Ultra mode 32 fps ....... am i losing my mind ??????!

Antivirus / firewall? Wifi or wired? All drivers and updates up-to-date?
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

picture

Quote Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
    Antivirus / firewall? Wifi or wired? All drivers and updates up-to-date?
    antivirus Windows Defender, Firewall disabled, Wi Fi, and the last part I dont know how to be 100% sure about it

- - - Updated - - -

Update: As I am waiting for anyone to help me with this horrible situation (which is now a horrible confusing one)

My frame rate is now jumping between 55 and 65 FPS while standing on the same position as posted in the picture. (Frame Rate uncapped) wtf is this!

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/laWGdVG
    This link shows some stats might help .... ??

ok got the openhardware monitor but not sure what im looking for here.

- - - Updated - - -

wow I closed wow and then opened it again now its back to 32 fps

Using wi-fi on a machine like that is practically criminal. Not that it would cause this problem, but what the hell, man!

Onto the actual topic, do you experience performance problems in any other games? If so, which games?

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Using wi-fi on a machine like that is practically criminal. Not that it would cause this problem, but what the hell, man!

Onto the actual topic, do you experience performance problems in any other games? If so, which games?
    yeah i recently moved so dont even have phone lines for cables, using my phone 4G service.

I played Just Cause 3, GTA V, Shadow of Mordor all worked perfectly, its just wow that is being a ... at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    yeah i recently moved so dont even have phone lines for cables, using my phone 4G service.

I played Just Cause 3, GTA V, Shadow of Mordor all worked perfectly, its just wow that is being a ... at the moment.
    Have you tried playing with zero addons to eliminate it as a potential problem? Also, try reducing features down to the minimum (eg, shadows) one at a time, then reverting them. It may help to isolate one as the cause.

Have you tried WoW without SLI?

Open power management and set to high performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Have you tried playing with zero addons to eliminate it as a potential problem? Also, try reducing features down to the minimum (eg, shadows) one at a time, then reverting them. It may help to isolate one as the cause.
    Yeah tried without addons still same issue but with reducing several features down framerate barely going up (I even tried wow in LOW MODE and reached 90 fps lol O_O)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    Have you tried WoW without SLI?
    no effect ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Open power management and set to high performance.
    ROFL fps was 90 on low graphics mode, i tried what u suggested with a face (no that cant work.. ill try w/e)
    now its at 150 FPS with Ultra mode at 60-80 depending on which direction i look at in this now to be called Benchmark Garrison

- - - Updated - - -

note : It was set on Balanced (Recommended) before. I hope high performance isnt going to damage anything for more performance ..

- - - Updated - - -

Well so far so good! went in ashran and the fps was great (between 70-100 where 100 is the limit i set) So thanks everyone for your tips to find a fix for this lame problem I was experiencing!! /ThumbsUp (Also Barnabas for finding THE fix in the end)

Check Render Scale option. It's probably at 200% which is rendering 4 times the amount of stuff for no good reason. Switch that shit off.

This gets enabled by the Optimized Defaults shit, that both AMD and nVidia are pushing. It overrides the settings for your games, and often turns on retarded shit that does nothing.
    Last edited by Blackmist; 2016-02-13 at 01:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    note : It was set on Balanced (Recommended) before. I hope high performance isnt going to damage anything for more performance ..
    Balanced plan does a few things that might have been the problem. PCIE power management and Processor power management. Both are done to reduce power when it's not needed (lower electricity usage). It should technically know when you are playing WoW and give maximum power so not sure why it didn't work but I'm glad you found a fix. There's no damage done, just less power saving features enabled.

Ps, I noticed this
    antivirus Windows Defender, Firewall disabled, Wi Fi, and the last part I dont know how to be 100% sure about it
    Don't disable Firewall. That's the thing standing between you and the internet blocking most of the harmful traffic. Just don't do it.

WoW is just CPU heavy game. You should upgrade your CPU to better one like i7-5960X is next step for you socket.

I agree wow is CPU intense but this is becoming ridiculous, this forum is just constantly throwing out the "upgrade CPU" card whenever wow is mentioned on these forums, 32 fps with his setup in his garrison is clearly an issue.

When i had issues last month after a GPU upgrade, everyone was sprouting the CPU crap. When my older GPU performed better, clearly it isn't the CPU (and after changing the GPU, wow is now perfect).

@Op

I can't really offer you much help but i wouldn't blame your CPU, yes im sure if u buy the best CPU in the world ur fps will be better, but your FPS should definitely be higher than what it is i.m.o.

You said full ultra - is this 1080 with full AA?

Personally i run at 1080 with CMAA (i think, not logged in) and particle desinty set above Ultra via Nvidias software - i don't really struggle at all in my garrison, maybe it dips for half a second if that to 50?
    I'm using a i7 4770k not OC'd
    and a gtx 970

This is Horde Garrison though, not sure about alliance.

that is actually pretty normal. Keep in mind, WoW is CPU Bound and relies more on IPC than anything else. You have not OCed, so your actually running worse than someone with say an i5-4690k since stock turbo on that CPU is 3.9 and yours is 3.7. Clock speed is king in WoW, period. If you OC, you'll have better, but still have dips in busy places raids and Garrison. The way WoW handles Garrison is pretty stupid. Garrisons are all phased on top of each other. Even though you do not see any other players, your CPU is working over time processing data for all other players in your faction that are in their Garrision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    WoW is just CPU heavy game. You should upgrade your CPU to better one like i7-5960X is next step for you socket.
    Wow, no, just not. The stock clock on that thing is -lower- than his current CPU. They will likely OC about the same as well. The only think that really adds for him is more cores and WoW does not make use of more cores, it makes use of IPC, which is lower on the CPU you suggested without an OC and about the same with one.

Wow might be cpu intensive, but contrary to popular belief it does not require the latest or greatest to run somewhat well. The issue is and always has been the game engine itself. Billions upon billions of lines of code which over the years have only been added to instead of being redone, which should have been done years ago. This issue along with others, especially phasing (which the user above me spoke of) creates issues for players.

Case in point - My second computer is running a 955 black edition overclocked to 4ghz, noctua heatsink, 12gb of ram and holds 50 fps in raids. The only issue I have is waiting for the other people I raid with to stop lagging.

@ the op
    Specs

CPU Intel I7-5930K at 3.5 GHz (not overclocked
    MoB Asus X99 Rampage V Extreme
    GPU Strix Asus GTX 980ti (SLI) (Factory OC) 6GB DDR5
    RAM 32 GB Hyper X (8GB x 4)

Average FPS in my garrison in Ultra mode 32 fps ....... am i losing my mind ??????!
    Download Geforce Experience (http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience)

Use that to do your settings in games.

Edit: Just remembered, on the 27th of last month their was a driver update for my gpu. When you run Geforce Experience, click the 'Drivers' tab and check for updates. Let us know if it finds any up to date drivers.

Also, I would download and run malwarebytes anti-malware and malwarebytes anti-rootkit just to be sure something didn't get in.
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/antirootkit/
    I can't begin to mention the number of times I've had someone bring me their pc and say "it's too slow do I need something new!?" Only to find that it was a malware / virus issue. This also might seem like a dumb question to ask, I'm going to assume your wifi is protected?
    Last edited by Epoch; 2016-02-14 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite