Deleted

Brewmaster Loot Question - Mythic Dungeon (~720) or NHC HFV (~705 but T2/4) ?

Hey fellow monks,

I ran a lot of Mythic Dungeons over the last few weeks with some friends and decided to raid NHC HFC because I want to see the real fights, not mind-numbing LFR buttonmashing without repercussions.
    Cant post the direct Armory link to my monk. Its Kenshin on Eredar-EU. I put the link in my Biography

Should I roll for the tier pieces and trinkets or are the stats of ~15 item levels just plain better than the 2 or 4 piece bonus would be?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

4pc and Warlords Unseeing Eye (Kilrog) Plume (Iskar) Soul Capacitator (Socretar) Blademaster (Council) are all worth going for even if it's lower ilvl

Do you have the heirloom tanking trinket? If so it should be used at all times. It is very broken and is basically a third guard charge for you that doubles on demon fights.

So as far as tier pieces, you'll want 2 piece for sure but just hang onto the other two pieces of tier in case you really feel like you NEED that 4 piece to get through. Often times its effectively overkill for when you're working on a boss because guard in its current state already fills your cooldown needs nicely. I think the only fight I'd REALLY say you'll want 4 piece for are Tyrant Velhari, but even then on normal better stats will probably end up being better for you anyway (depends on your group and comfort level really).

Trinkets, generally HFC trinkets are better (Mythic dungeon ones not being that great budget wise) but having WUE outside of really hard fights when it comes to tank damage (basically Velhari and maybe Archimonde) is again overkill and you'll want to run ACP (Iskar trinket) and probably Mirror of the Blademaster from council (maybe a really good bonus armor trinket from Mythic dungeons but Blademaster is fantastic and the ilvl of it doesn't actually matter that much).

The trinket is alright, but I usually put it in the same category as WUE in that its pretty overkill for most things and you lose a lot of potential throughput because of it. I mean if you really like having the extra cooldown and what not by all means, I'm not saying don't do it and its your choice. Its just you're losing out on a lot of potential throughput for your own damage to help end a fight quicker because you get the versatility on it and then a guard that's on double the CD (and inability to reduce it like you can with the 4 piece if you choose to use that).

Hope that helps.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    Do you have the heirloom tanking trinket? If so it should be used at all times. It is very broken and is basically a third guard charge for you that doubles on demon fights.
    Yeah, it's really OP because it scales with Resolve. Even in normal heroics, I was getting 450-500k shields off of the trinket. I imagine in a raid you could easily see 700k.

It's definitely one of the best tanking trinkets before HFC stuff.