Page 55 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    What is the range on Aegwynn's Ascendance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plixo View Post
    What is the range on Aegwynn's Ascendance?
    To benefit from that artifact trait you only have to use [Evocation] at melee, surrounded by the maximum amount of enemies as possible (take care from interruptions!). And don't worry, being at melee is the typical place for an Arcane Mage, taking into account that our AoE damage-dealer spell also needs us to be surrounded of enemies. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Don't worry at all! According to some people around here Arcane Mages have no real problems, all is in your minds! Arcane Mages are perfect! My previous solutions are not needed.
    Your solutions are way over the top, at least some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Perhaps Arcane Mages only need a specific legendary item, a full-completed artifact and a pair of tier bonus to be viable, but that's all... well may be some mandatory talents too...
    It's not like this happened in the past, quite a lot actually.
    Of course Blizzard balances around these things. They don't want to bring 5 balance patches after the game is out and everyone already decided which spec they want to play.
    Last edited by Neoxx; 2016-07-13 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    Formula = Arcane Blast *(1+0.6*Charge+Mastery/2)
    It seems that you have to multiply mastery with the charges in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elmago View Post
    yersteday i use it and no fixed...will see today ...
    I definitely see a change in the damage again depended on charges though I have to admit I expected the damage to be more. Now I'm not sure if the bug was that it was stuck at the max charges or the no charges. The latter would make the fix a nerf too

Ok so I finally got around to playing my former main (Mage obviously) on the PTR. At what point do we dump stacks now because going to four before dumping stacks is a straight destroying my mana bar Something not happening on live. Dumping at three seemed to be fine (still considerably more mana intensive than live at four stacks though) but the damage loss was considerable. Rotation isn't wildly different but I just feel waaaay less effective. I know part of this is because I am missing the Artifact but unless the artifact reduces the base cost of Arcane blast by like 60% or more...

Meh maybe I shouldn't be worried. Is it that the current set up is just balanced for 110?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Ok so I finally got around to playing my former main (Mage obviously) on the PTR. At what point do we dump stacks now because going to four before dumping stacks is a straight destroying my mana bar Something not happening on live. Dumping at three seemed to be fine (still considerably more mana intensive than live at four stacks though) but the damage loss was considerable. Rotation isn't wildly different but I just feel waaaay less effective. I know part of this is because I am missing the Artifact but unless the artifact reduces the base cost of Arcane blast by like 60% or more...

Meh maybe I shouldn't be worried. Is it that the current set up is just balanced for 110?
    Artifact traits, tier bonuses, legendaries and talents can reduce mana drain directly or indirectly. I do not know how they tune but it's likely they tune based on those. Alternatively they might tune based on "you have to make the spec more unpopular" which is always an underlying possibility in this game.

The Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs.

As I mentioned last week, you can verify all of the updates. For example, Arcane Blast was reduced to 150% spell power, which you can verify on the spell wiki. The Damage formula near the bottom says, " = TotalSpellPower * 1.5 * [more stuff]".

And for those of you playing around with artifacts or relics (or talents), you can swap them out super easily on the character setup page. I even made a short 1 minute video to show how quick it is.

If you have questions, you can also hit us up in our discord chat channel.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It seems that you have to multiply mastery with the charges in there.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely see a change in the damage again depended on charges though I have to admit I expected the damage to be more. Now I'm not sure if the bug was that it was stuck at the max charges or the no charges. The latter would make the fix a nerf too
    well i use charge up and the clasic (build stucks without quickening or enchants , IF talent ) and i didnt see any difference to the numbers ... now idk if ur work to ptr what i say ..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elmago View Post
    well i use charge up and the clasic (build stucks without quickening or enchants , IF talent ) and i didnt see any difference to the numbers ... now idk if ur work to ptr what i say ..
    I had tested it in beta halls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I had tested it in beta halls.
    i tested it again and not fix it... well is the lower problem for the arcane spec will see

Deleted
    Arcane aoe looks (atleast) very good but the single target look weak.
    p.s touch of magic is still weak and havent good design activate from Arcane blast(ST spell) and touch of magic is aoe(weak damage) at the moment no point spam (x10) arcane blast for i have one weak GOLD trait with (under 450k damage)

Base on beta simc Arcane's single target dps is pretty close to fire before today hotfix. Arcane was 100kdps vs. Fire 110kdps with 2 point in artifacts. When I increase artifacts fire got nearly +60% boost while arcane only get +25% boost.
    I think they need to buff lots of traits in arcane's artifact because it is +50-60% dps is standard for most of artifact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    Base on beta simc Arcane's single target dps is pretty close to fire before today hotfix. Arcane was 100kdps vs. Fire 110kdps with 2 point in artifacts. When I increase artifacts fire got nearly +60% boost while arcane only get +25% boost.
    I think they need to buff lots of traits in arcane's artifact because it is +50-60% dps is standard for most of artifact.
    On what APLs? Talents, Gear? "When I increase artifacts" = more ranks?

With the pre patch around the corner I want to get in the habit and routine of how arcane mechanics work in legion. So with mana not being tied to damage how do we use it? Like a rogue with energy?

Are the principles still the same burning and conserving?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    With the pre patch around the corner I want to get in the habit and routine of how arcane mechanics work in legion. So with mana not being tied to damage how do we use it? Like a rogue with energy?

Are the principles still the same burning and conserving?
    I can't see of a way they are not. You still have to not be low at mana during the next cycle of burning. Sure, you might be able to drop lower than usual and not lose as much but that won't be a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing a lot of testing on PTR, even in full mastery gear, fire is far superior than arcane sadly. I'm considering not maining mage because arcane isn't even remotely viable in comparison to fire right now, on PTR or beta. It saddens me a lot, but I just don't want to play fire.

I might just play fire anyway and lvl arcane up with it.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2016-07-18 at 01:57 AM.

Is this somehow new to you that different specs perform better at different points in different expansions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Is this somehow new to you that different specs perform better at different points in different expansions?
    Well theres a difference from playing differently at different points, and just being tuned badly.

Arcane was somewhat viable on wod launch, not the best but viable.

Arcane in it's current state is not even somewhat viable, its just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    While that has been true in the past, we also didn't have artifact weapons that involve time and commitment to a specific spec. So how it has always been in the past is irrelevant, they need to tune specs very closely for artifacts to work.

Yeah it is further from the top than it was at WoD launch.
    It is however closer to the top spec that fire was at WoD launch.
    Personally I don't see any problems here since I always spec what is performing best for a given boss. Sometimes it is frost, sometimes fire, and sometimes arcane. Can't imagine playing one spec for years and not die of boredom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alu79 View Post
    While that has been true in the past, we also didn't have artifact weapons that involve time and commitment to a specific spec. So how it has always been in the past is irrelevant, they need to tune specs very closely for artifacts to work.
    True, artifact progress makes it more complicated. It doesn't change the fact that "best specs" will change with gear, tuning and bosses. It was always like that and it will always be like that.