Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Awesome thanks!

Guys, sorry to beat the dead horse even more, but am i truly gimping myself if i go Arcane ? I enjoyed it more than Fire and Aluneth is such an amazing artifact. I'm struggling with the decision because i don't want to gimp myself.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    Guys, sorry to beat the dead horse even more, but am i truly gimping myself if i go Arcane ? I enjoyed it more than Fire and Aluneth is such an amazing artifact. I'm struggling with the decision because i don't want to gimp myself.
    Yes, that spec is so dead that not even Sylvanas can resurrect it anymore. Stick with Fire until at least 8.0 hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm leveling with it just fine and having tons of fun. Can kill 6+ mobs very efficiently with Explosion+Mark+Tempest+Barrage+Orb+Barrage+MoreExplosions.

I don't really care how it will perform at max level at this time, though. My priority is to solve all quests in peace (with chat disabled) and only then start thinking about raiding.
    My magic will tear you apart.

It's somewhat better than frost at least, if anything keep it, can always move it to offspec.

Hesitant to buy or craft gear atm, Don't think the devs want us to stack versatility + crit over mastery. Expecting a re-visit to the mastery scaling at some point.

In other news, holy shit.. WW monk is a joy to play again.

the problem isnt arcane. nor fire nor frost.

the problem is blizzards balancing system will not change over night. and there was always be the blizzard pure dps fact called "if 1 specs sucks there are 2 another specs". so, playing a pure dps in Legion is horrible dangerous. regardless if they buff arcane to hell tomorrow or nerf fire into the deepest ground. 2 of 3 will horrible suck.

hybrids never had that problem, bc even if they werent not that great, they always were working, bc i.e. ret is the ONLY dps spec of a pally. so blizz cant get away with "you have 2 another specs..".

in short: as pure dps there will be a lot of hard moments for you, in Legion.

Actually hybrids frequently had dps problems, and it's only been very recently that's been otherwise.

Having a blast with this spec. Leveling as Arcane and staying Arcane at 110. Doing fine soloing and amazing in dungeons.

Soon as my gear evens out a little bit (after the heroic dungeon grind), I'm really going to give a fair shake to see things like stat priority and etc.

Deleted
    During conserve phase when should I reset my charges? As soon as I don't have any more AM's to cast or is there some good general mana % you should aim for?

I'll provide a direct answer that comes from experience, numbers and "future predictions".

Arcane is a BEAST. It requires more work than its competitor specs, but played right it's going to be king of single target and has AoE potential that few other specs (and i am not talking about Mage only, i mean in general) can achieve.

But, and i cannot stress this enough, it requires more work in order to properly function: fight knowledge, proper set ups, cd usage on point, mana handling and some improvisation. They are all required to be number one.

All in all, i still think that Fire provide a similar output with much less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    I'll provide a direct answer that comes from experience, numbers and "future predictions".

Arcane is a BEAST. It requires more work than its competitor specs, but played right it's going to be king of single target and has AoE potential that few other specs (and i am not talking about Mage only, i mean in general) can achieve.

But, and i cannot stress this enough, it requires more work in order to properly function: fight knowledge, proper set ups, cd usage on point, mana handling and some improvisation. They are all required to be number one.

All in all, i still think that Fire provide a similar output with much less effort.
    Well the poster you are replying to asked the question at legion launch, so it may or may not be too late to give him an opinion.

But arcane is probably not going to function without nt spam even with the upcoming changes. I mean, how well can you really handle mana? At a certain amount of time during a fight it's going to be impossible to stick to the ABCs of casting, either resulting in many dead gcd or running your mana into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well the poster you are replying to asked the question at legion launch, so it may or may not be too late to give him an opinion.

But arcane is probably not going to function without nt spam even with the upcoming changes. I mean, how well can you really handle mana? At a certain amount of time during a fight it's going to be impossible to stick to the ABCs of casting, either resulting in many dead gcd or running your mana into the ground.
    I respect your opinion and see your point, but that's part of what makes the spec interesting, difficult and rewarding to play. Its ore function is essentially to handle your Mana in between Evocation casts. This is why the more Mana you have the more damage you do, and why Mastery gives you extra Mana and extra Mana regeneration.

It's really not as easy as it sounds... but it's awsome when pulled out correctly.

When should you use the Artifact ability?
    With RoP on the floor, 4 charges of Arcane Charges, during Arcane Power?

Icy Veins says:
    Use Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power if it has 2 charges.
    Cast Icon Mark of Aluneth on cooldown.

But on opening it says:
    Use Potion of Deadly Grace Icon Potion of Deadly Grace.
    Precast Arcane Blast Icon Arcane Blast 1.5 seconds before the pull.
    Cast Arcane Blast Icon Arcane Blast 3 times.
    Cast Icon Mark of Aluneth.
    Place Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power.

Deleted
    It's really not as easy as it sounds... but it's awsome when pulled out correctly.
    Yes, it really isn't easy. Even the simcraft guy for Arcane can't "pull out correctly" because his simulation isn't too "awesome" for a patchwerk fight. I think you should give him a few hints so that he could sim Arcane correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    When should you use the Artifact ability?
    With RoP on the floor, 4 charges of Arcane Charges, during Arcane Power?

Icy Veins says:
    Use Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power if it has 2 charges.
    Cast Icon Mark of Aluneth on cooldown.

But on opening it says:
    Use Potion of Deadly Grace Icon Potion of Deadly Grace.
    Precast Arcane Blast Icon Arcane Blast 1.5 seconds before the pull.
    Cast Arcane Blast Icon Arcane Blast 3 times.
    Cast Icon Mark of Aluneth.
    Place Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power.
    You want to use MoA during RoP. The number of arcane charges means nothing for MoA damage, but you want to have 4 anyway because you want to use the rest of the RoP on max empowered blasts/missiles/barrages. That means you want to get to 3 or 4 charges in the seconds just before MoA comes up, and be patient with your RoP to have one ready. If MoA is up and RoP isn't going to be up soon, it means you screwed up, but go ahead and cast MoA immediately anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Yes, it really isn't easy. Even the simcraft guy for Arcane can't "pull out correctly" because his simulation isn't too "awesome" for a patchwerk fight. I think you should give him a few hints so that he could sim Arcane correctly.
    Sims are not everything. And even if you believe they are, Arcane after the buffs is only VERY slightly behind Fire. So your point is moot, but you can keep believing that Fire is the only playable spec for as long as you like. Leave the more rewarding choices to skilled players

Ive been getting a lot of Haste/Mastery gear with Mastery as the main stat. Should I be holding onto this for Arcane or is the stat priority going to remain Crit/Mastery with crit being the better?

Sims are not everything. And even if you believe they are, Arcane after the buffs is only VERY slightly behind Fire. So your point is moot, but you can keep believing that Fire is the only playable spec for as long as you like. Leave the more rewarding choices to skilled players
    Ahhh the good old "very skilled player behind on meters".

Hey, I've been seeing a lot of "when should I cast rune of power? Before or after Mark of Aluneth?" posts on all the different websites. The mark is a hot that DOES NOT benefit from haste. The explosion is based on your mana pool size and thusly, this ability scales really well with mastery.

SO!

It's more damage per Rune of Power cycle (10 sec) to cast Mark before rune of power and lose 1 tick of damage bonus to fit in an additional arcane blast/missiles during rune. Also, because you want to be stacking mastery, other sites were wrong with their simcraft findings because mastery is the best point per point and is unquestionably best after the hotfixes go out, you're going to want to always have a rune of power up for every Mark of Aluneth cast.

Opening sequence should be pot>precast Mark>Rune of Power>Charged up>ABlast/Missiles burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Ahhh the good old "very skilled player behind on meters".
    Not so far, besides Hunters that are pretty crazy, but you are welcome to try

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html
    Last edited by The Archmage; 2016-09-26 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Sims Update