Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard, please add the option to restore vanilla sounds.

Even as small as this seems, I bet some people agree with me that some of the new sounds they added with wod alongside the atrocious new character models is they replaced the old death sounds, bow and gun sounds, rogue gouge ability sound and plenty more that I haven't probably noticed, seriously I hate the new death sounds and they take away character from the game, there's a reason I disabled the new character models its because I can't stand them, seriously add them as a option to enable old sounds as well as character models.

Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-02-16 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You should probably post it on Official forums. And maybe rephrase it to be a little more constructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand it. I've played hundreds of games over the past few decades, and only WoW has ever been that game where people constantly want to live in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the subject of this thread and immediately missed original gouge noise.

I was sad when they changed it but honestly I don't even remember now what the original sounded like.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Fingers crossed some of the flaccid sounding WoD snippets will be improved in Legion along with all the new attack animations and the push toward making abilities actually *feel* satisfying to use. The awful clicky gun noises are probably the main thing that's kept me from playing my hunter this expansion. Sound design is such an important part of what makes combat satisfying in a game, and it really regressed on some abilities in WoD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't understand it. I've played hundreds of games over the past few decades, and only WoW has ever been that game where people constantly want to live in the past.
    maybe because they suddenly changed the original voice actors to new ones in wod, no one asked them to do it. the female orc attack animation and death sounds ridiculous, some people like to live in the past darsithis. Because they remind you of how good the game used to be. For them to suddenly change sounds that have been used in the game for 8-9 years until they changed it is ridiculous, and some of us would like it if blizzard would allow us to restore the old better sounds, the gun sounds like a pea shooter and the bow soulds like a silenced pistol..

All those posts and this is all you could come up with? C'mon now.

Just because something is newer, doesn't make it better.

Why do you have to belittle those who might want a previous version of something that could subjectively be way more enjoyable for them?

I can see why you would want the original sound FX back, OP. Sound can be an important proponent of immersion.

If you love playing with the entire audio set-up on, and it all changes to something you dislike, that could really deteriorate your game-play experience.

I don't have a need for this idea as I couldn't even tell you what sounds have changed on my class, but for those that this bothers, I'm all for them having the ability to do so.

Choice is good. (As another said, you should post this on the official forums and or create a suggestion in-game)

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I saw the subject of this thread and immediately missed original gouge noise.

I was sad when they changed it but honestly I don't even remember now what the original sounded like.
    I was thinking the exact same thing:

As played: Old Vanish, Old Gouge, Modern Vanish, Modern Gouge.

Old Gouge felt very Rogue-like. Modern gouge doesn't really evoke anything for me... maybe drawing a circle on a chalkboard.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2016-05-26 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaneesh View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing:

It had that 'you stab mushy stuff for excruciating pain' effect to it. Very rogue-like. Current effect doesn't really evoke anything for me... maybe drawing a circle on a chalkboard.
    wish I could find the sounds for vanilla to wod bow and gun sounds, the difference is ridiculous.

Its almost as if they said rogue sounds are too realistic and roguey, lets make them sound childish instead.

Found a vanilla gun sound video, it instantly sounds so much better, like you are firing an actual gun not a damn peashooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--2I2y_YtM4
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2016-02-16 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Its almost as if they said rogue sounds are too realistic and roguey, lets make them sound childish instead.

Found a vanilla gun sound video, it instantly sounds so much better, like you are firing an actual gun not a damn peashooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--2I2y_YtM4
    Yeah, there has almost certainly been a shift in Blizzard's target audience but it kinda makes me wonder if all the bowdlerising was really necessary...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, for a game company, this would be a minimal priority thing, I think. There are some sounds I miss too, but one gotta develop to go forward, a shame that a minority of the community still wish to linger in the past - but oddly, still wants new things. The thought creation of the human mind truly is a conundrum. As for the new models, they were a welcomed sight, sadly not enough time to fix the models that needed it the most; female Worgen. Then again, you have a nifty button to avoid the models, wouldn't' make much sense to have it for sound though - nor animations, as new comes in Legion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People will bitch about anything.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    maybe your not playing games good enough to warrant the same response?

Sorry I'd rather the spend time and dollers on new content. Stop living in the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Sorry I'd rather the spend time and dollers on new content. Stop living in the past.
    so what is "new content" i see so many people say this and never really define what it is? what is your view on what "content" is and why does it always have to be new? why is old "content" so worthless?

I remember the old gun sound. And I remember how people absolutely HATED it. Like avoided using guns or disabling sound just because of how obnoxious the gun sound was to them. I remember it legitimately being a major argument for allowing bow/xbow/guns to xmog between each other when xmog first out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    so what is "new content" i see so many people say this and never really define what it is? what is your view on what "content" is and why does it always have to be new? why is old "content" so worthless?
    He isn't saying it's worthless, it seems more to be that it isn't a major goal to store the old with the new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dki07 View Post
    I remember the old gun sound. And I remember how people absolutely HATED it. Like avoided using guns or disabling sound just because of how obnoxious the gun sound was to them. I remember it legitimately being a major argument for allowing bow/xbow/guns to xmog between each other when xmog first out.
    Oh, come on, you totally loved being a healer standing between six-seven hunters, if you were lucky, one of them had a bow.. and the rest would just make you want to yell to the raid boss, "CAN YOU REPEAT THAT, PLEASE?".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

People will find literally anything to complain about. You must be one incredibly unpleasant person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    People will bitch about anything.
    Part of human nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    People will find literally anything to complain about. You must be one incredibly unpleasant person.
    Reminds me of when people complained about the new water animation, felt weird..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He isn't saying it's worthless, it seems more to be that it isn't a major goal to store the old with the new.
    why not? would old "content" be as bad if it was scaled up like how guild wars 2 does it? what if all zones were max level all raids? is it less valid "content" if its the same level and gives the same ilvl rewards? i've never understood people always railing on about new "content" but never defining what "content" is or why its always so much better then some thing old, i mean people always say classic and bc were so great but if they bring some thing from back them up to current level it sucks why is it so much wross to do some thing you used to like again? i'm not for them not making any thing new but i don't understand just dismissing the old in favor for "new content"