Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This style of graphics fit very well with world of warcraft while still retaining the cartoon look.. if wow looked like this.. i would drool..

change the architecture to a warcraft style and this would work very very well as warcraft 2.

(yea yea..i know it wouldn't run on a tandy color computer or calculator that apparently everyone else is running on.. but it does scale down and runs on some fairly mid range computers very well while still looking good, if you ever see a thunderstorm in game.. you would be irritated at the dark clouds and mist we get in wow....)

Quote Originally Posted by LairenyX View Post
    No this is bad, this is last gen graphics from 2010. I want to see WoW in next-gen/PS5+ level graphics.
    WoW could not function in next gen graphics.

1. most wow players don't have a gaming computer strong enough to handle it
    2. It wouldn't change the game at all, the game is old and something better needs to takes its place
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

the argument about old computers is irrelevant. a computer made in the last 3-4 years would slaughter a computer made in 2003-4. 5 years back is about all any company should be targeting for.. even if its just a graphics upgrade and not a new engine totaly...its about time .. wow is quickly falling out of grace and needs something new.. either 2.0 or a major shake up of the world to make it relevant again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    the argument about old computers is irrelevant. a computer made in the last 3-4 years would slaughter a computer made in 2003-4. 5 years back is about all any company should be targeting for.. even if its just a graphics upgrade and not a new engine totaly...its about time .. wow is quickly falling out of grace and needs something new.. either 2.0 or a major shake up of the world to make it relevant again.
    Not really that irrelevant, as Blizzard's minimum specc is still a thing, apparently.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So they're taking something that someone else already made and remaking it in a new game engine? And that's going to land you a job?

I mean, all this demonstrates is that they know how to use unreal engine 4 to make something based off of something that's already been made in a 3D space.

Game developers require portfolios of artwork to land an art job. Not one neat little project someone made on their down time. It's like saying that successfully convicting OJ in a mock-trial should land you a job as a lawyer.
    Shows how very little you know about the game design industry. He recreated art from one game engine in another. To take artists renditions and create 3D models and texturing is a skill valued by game developers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Shows how very little you know about the game design industry. He recreated art from one game engine in another. To take artists renditions and create 3D models and texturing is a skill valued by game developers.
    Portfolio reviewers want to see things done in their company's style. They don't want to see copies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Actually TERA on launch and during early days ran flawlessly, it does suffer with issues now for whatever reason but it hasn't always been that way.. In the early days the game was just like butter all day long without a hitch, now it's "Inconsistent" shall we say. That doesn't mean that it's specifically an Unreal Engine problem, nor does it mean that Unreal Engine 4 would suffer the same issues even if it was.
    I played the game when it first came out into max level. The raid they had in that high level area lagged to no end and people would often crash. Thats a raid of 10 people. When instanced PvP came out it was also super laggy and completely unplayable. Again, lots of people dc' ing.
    It is the engine, because it's not designed to work with high numbers of players each doing their own complex animations and systems.

In WoW you don't have the same problem unless you put 60+ players in the same spot. Also known as Ashran peak time. The WoW engine has to cope with this by not rendering players and effects further than a few yards. Now imagine that on Tera's engine that can hardly cope with 10. Completely unplayable.

So, if you like the graphic showcase on these videos, good for you. You may let Blizzard know you would like them to do something like this. But, with their own engine ofc, because U4 is a recipe for disaster. But, blizzard knows that.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-02-17 at 05:36 AM.

That is incredible work. ;A; Imagine what it would be like to run around in there with a VR rig. ^^

Deleted
    This looks great! I would love WoW with this engine!

Too realistic looking, to me it loses everything that makes Warcraft the world that it is. I like WoW's style, it's cartoon-like aesthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Portfolio reviewers want to see things done in their company's style. They don't want to see copies.
    There are many jobs in the game industry... like in cars... some people design the cars, other people make the molds for the body.

This guy has the skills to take an artist's concept and create it. Whether it's a pencil sketch or existing art in another engine.

He has very desirable skills... people shouldn't be jealous.

I don't get why so many people hate on the concept of updated graphics and a new engine. I'm sorry to break it to you all, but wow is not that good looking of a game. Draenor is passable, MoP survivable, but everything else looks 10 years old. Even the new character models aren't even that good looking. Yes they are way better than they were, but there is so much better tech avaliable.
    I would love to have better looking trees and environmental stuff.

weather effects. wind that actually blew leaves around and made trees/brush shake. rain that you could hear and you could see the impact on the ground as it forms little puddles. Dusty dry ground in hot sunny areas that poofed when you stepped on it. Stuff like that would be awesome.

Improved armor models with layers. Belts and half robes and plate skirts that only went to the thigh. It would be awesome to be able to wear armor and look like the Belf mage from the Burning Crusade trailer.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game and I love the art style. I think a move in the direction of the Skyrim kind of art would be wrong, but I still wish they would recreate the world in up to date graphics. Also, Overwatch is proof that you don't need to abandon the fun animated art style for really good graphics.

Also, I disagree with people saying that WoW would become unplayable if it was updated. 6 or 7 years ago I used to play WoW on a used $200 notebook that had like an 8 or 9 inch screen. If people are still playing the game on 5 year old trash machines, then yes it is time to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppmeister View Post
    I don't get why so many people hate on the concept of updated graphics and a new engine. I'm sorry to break it to you all, but wow is not that good looking of a game. Draenor is passable, MoP survivable, but everything else looks 10 years old. Even the new character models aren't even that good looking. Yes they are way better than they were, but there is so much better tech avaliable.

-- some other stuff
    Because everything else IS ~10yo, you know...

If they were to upgrade graphics, WoW would end up looking like Overwatch or HotS, that's not a bad thing though, you said it yourself, and I think no one here would be against this kind of change. People dun want WoW to turn into yet another BDO, Tera or another game, that tries to look more or less realistic.

weather effects. wind that actually blew leaves around and made trees/brush shake. rain that you could hear and you could see the impact on the ground as it forms little puddles. Dusty dry ground in hot sunny areas that poofed when you stepped on it. Stuff like that would be awesome.

Improved armor models with layers. Belts and half robes and plate skirts that only went to the thigh. It would be awesome to be able to wear armor and look like the Belf mage from the Burning Crusade trailer.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game and I love the art style. I think a move in the direction of the Skyrim kind of art would be wrong, but I still wish they would recreate the world in up to date graphics. Also, Overwatch is proof that you don't need to abandon the fun animated art style for really good graphics.

Also, I disagree with people saying that WoW would become unplayable if it was updated. 6 or 7 years ago I used to play WoW on a used $200 notebook that had like an 8 or 9 inch screen. If people are still playing the game on 5 year old trash machines, then yes it is time to update.

what a thunderstorm could look like.. i still say witcher 3 is what i would love for wow 2 to look like. it still has enough of the cartoon look to it to satisfy the art style of wow..

- - - Updated - - -

think how wow 2 would look if it had this engine... (with wow architecture)

just a few videos ..about the potential of what a wow 2 could look like...

Last edited by McTurbo; 2016-02-17 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't understand the hate against 'updated' graphics and a new engine. Hate to break it to you, but WoW isn't a good looking game."

Hate to break it to you, but subjective opinion is subjective opinion. WoW is a good looking game, and its graphics are quite great. Could they be improved? Sure they could. Should they be changed in style completely? Hell no.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have better looking trees and environmental stuff..

It's a lovely looking game, its not realistically looking great, but that's because WoW has its own style and with the engine they have, they can still push out some beautiful scenes and level design. Some of the best I have seen in an MMO to be fair.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    I'm personally not a fan of the WoW art style, and would very much like something more like what you've shown here. However, they insisted on matching it to the old Warcraft 3 style and they won't change from that.

Deleted
    I think the last patch could just wipe all Azeroth in the war between the Old Gods and Sargeras and the Titans could just come and kick their both sides asses and start rebuild Azeroth.

And when year 2025 hits, we could re-live World of Warcraft, kinda like Vanilla style, but with all this candy etc. :}

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard would most certainly build a custom engine were they to embark upon a project like this.

Many of the graphical issues people experience in WoW aren't just because their computers are bad, it's because WoW runs on a VERY old engine and isn't optimized very well for modern systems.

When people complain about excluding people who play on ancient toaster PC's I can only laugh. WoW is a legitimate game and if someone is serious about PC gaming they should get a decent setup, not expect everyone else to settle because they can't run it. A modern store bought PC could probably run Unreal 4 engine games at 40 FPS plus on mid to high settings. Probably 60 FPS if the PC was upgraded with a decent 2gb+ GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Most recent, this one of Elwynn Forest, uploaded 50 minutes ago
    Looks nice but it is not WoW. It is the style that make WoW look like WoW. Would SouthPark still be SouthPark if they used realistic looking characters?