Poll: How many major content patches do you think Legion will have?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Number of content patches in Legion

WoD had one major content patch. How many major content patches do you think Legion will have (not how many you'd like it to have)? I personally think that they've learned from their mistakes and we'll have 3 major content patches (7.1 - 7.3).
    Last edited by styil; 2016-04-29 at 10:24 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    2 content and a convenience-feature, I'm pulling out of a hat.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Go back to MoP style for the love of god. Just make 7.3 better than 5.3 was

I hope 4 7.1,7.2 ( raid tier),7.3 and then 7.4 ( Final Raid) really just a mirror of past expansions with MoP and Cata being being the model to look at. This of course assumes three raid tiers which might be a foolish dream but you know......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Go back to MoP style for the love of god. Just make 7.3 better than 5.3 was
    I liked 5.3 and thought it was a cool idea but it could of been better for sure.

I voted 4, two major and two minor.

I think the patching structure used in MoP (minus the 14 months of SoO) is the best one

I think the way it's going, if they want to keep their subscribers interested, then they need to give us maybe 3 major content patches and maybe 1 last patch to finish off story lines and tie things up ready for the next x-pac, maybe even to the point of working on the next x-pac by the time legion is released so that we have maybe a 6 month wait between last patch and next x-pac event so that we're not all fed up with the wait..

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    If they aren't planning for two small and two big patches then they will sink as hard as they did with WoD. "Shorter" expansions idea failed as hard as it could and its time to go back to old ways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Two big and two small like MoP is best.
    Ye just time it better so 3rd raid tier doesn't last 13 months.
    Perhaps have some small content patch planned to release AFTER the last raid has been released.

No need really if they time it better. First raid tier has two raids released with a delay; delay Nighthold long enough for people to actually have a shot at clearing mythic Emerald Nightmare (so at least three months from launch of that raid). Heck you could do this:

0: Expansion Release
    1 month: Emerald Nightmare
    4 months: Nighthold
    6-7 months: Minor Content patch
    10 months: Major Content patch
    13 months: Minor Content patch
    16 months: Final Content patch
    25 months: Next expansion

It would keep them on track (25 months per expac) and would have 1 raid up for 3 months, two raids up for 6 months and the final raid up for 9 months (this is how imo MoP should have been with a slightly harder tuned Vault). Highmaul Mythic was easily 3 months of content for raiders as can Emerald Nightmare be.
    I think this would be a really solid release schedule.

I'm guessing 2 but I'm hoping for at least 4.

3. They need to separate the first 3 patches so there is less gap between the last one and the next expansion. They could have probably waited 2 more months before releasing 6.2 and been in a better spot than they are now.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The optimist in me says 3 minimum.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7.0: Legion launch
    7.1: Emoji integration patch
    7.2: Tomb of Sargeras

No need really if they time it better. First raid tier has two raids released with a delay; delay Nighthold long enough for people to actually have a shot at clearing mythic Emerald Nightmare (so at least three months from launch of that raid). Heck you could do this:

0: Expansion Release
    1 month: Emerald Nightmare
    4 months: Nighthold
    6-7 months: Minor Content patch
    10 months: Major Content patch
    13 months: Minor Content patch
    16 months: Final Content patch
    25 months: Next expansion

It would keep them on track (25 months per expac) and would have 1 raid up for 3 months, two raids up for 6 months and the final raid up for 9 months (this is how imo MoP should have been with a slightly harder tuned Vault). Highmaul Mythic was easily 3 months of content for raiders as can Emerald Nightmare be.
    Mmmh I dislike your proposal but unfortunately I think it's very likely. But wouldn't it be best if all the raids were 3-4 months, not 6, and to compensate they added 2 more major patches and 2 more minor patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Mmmh I dislike your proposal but unfortunately I think it's very likely. But wouldn't it be best if all the raids were 3-4 months, not 6, and to compensate they added 2 more major patches and 2 more minor patches?
    3-4 months isn't really feasible. This content does take time to make and they also have to work on the next expansion as well. 6 months between tiers is most likely.

Yeah I dont think there is anyway well see raid tiers lasting 3-4 months, unless they do more recycled and toc style raids.

Expecting same model as WoD; 1 major, 1 minor.

With some optimism and we can ramp it up to 2 major, 1 minor; Just because I believe they'll do a (slightly) better job at Legion than they did at WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 raid tiers, but only 1 minor patch. Something on the scale of 5.1 in 7.1 adding new stuff to Broken Isles with no new land. 7.2 new tier and maybe a new island. 7.3 new tier and maybe a new island. One of the tiers will add Thal'Dranath though. Im expecting cata level patches but with more focus on raiding and little dungeons.

7.1-Something to do with Kara with a Kara 5 man, and more world quests added along with some kind Of new Kara based mobs/rep like warbringers.
    7.2-Broken Shore with Kiljaeden and some world content outside the instance.
    7.3-Thal'dranath zone with final raid.

I suppose you could switch .2 and .3 around, but I feel like the big zone should be the final one.

7.0 Release: July
    7.0 EN: September
    7.1: November
    7.0 NH: December
    7.2: March
    7.3: May/June
    7.4: September/October

You could spread this out, but, thankfully, because of the release date for this game, we can actually pretty accurately judge, IF it was to be like Pandaria, where and when the patches would be.

I'm expecting 5+....LOL! Let me explain...eheheheeeee. I'm gonna get fucked by everyone after this.

7.1: karazhan (pvp BG, 1 raid and 1 dungeon).

7.2: Farahlon (4 raids all over draenor, 9 new major invasion sites, 2 new bgs, 3 dungeons).

7.3: Northrend assault (1 new raid, 2 new dungeons, 1 new badass max zone, 1 arena, 6 new major invasion sites, (Garrisons are now destroyed by the legion along with it).

7.4 : Gilneas takeover (minor patch, gilneas is now capital, world pvp all around gilneas and undercity).

7.5: South seas (Kul'tiras, zandalar, kazan, and more will be discovered, 3 new raids, 5 new dungeons, 2 pvp bgs, new world pvp sites).

7.6: Assault on the queen (Nazja'tar is assualted, kill queen azshara, 4 new raids, 2 dungeons, 2 arenas, new world pvp sites).

7.7: Thal'dranath (Kill n'zoth, 1 new raid, 2 new dungeons (These 2 dungeons are like pit of saron and all that, 1 new arena).

7.8: The ToS: (Assault the ToS and kill kil'jaeden and the avatar of sargeras, 1 new mega raid (Around 20 bosses or so), 2 new arenas, 1 world pvp site with npcs to murder).

If legion does do this (100% not likely), then....like...WTF!