Page 38 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    I feel like im going to end up hard casting Pyroblast at this rate. (maybe im overreacting)
    ...why?
    They just buffed Fireball as well.

Yeah I'm overreacting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    ...why?
    They just buffed Fireball as well.
    Well Pyro used to be in line with Fireball in terms of damage (double cast time -> double damage) but lately the favour has been tipping on the side of Pyro.

That said, many of the latest builds changes look pretty good, although I fear that Living Bomb still won't be a worthy upgrade for single target DPS. But for Dungeons or AoEing it looks like it's actually going to be fun now.

Cinderstorms biggest issue is still aiming it but the damage seems to be good now. I wish they would just give it a straight path or something. Right now oftentimes I don't hit more than one even though I am absolutely positive that the entire arch should strike my target(s)

Overall our tree looks much better now. I just wish they'd get rid of Fire Starter and Controlled Burn and make Cauterize more attractive.
    Compared to my list of issues from a few builds ago this has gotten a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Once you get 50%+ crit (easy with a few mythic dungeon pieces) fire was already quite strong. Pretty sure with these latest changes we are squarely in OP teritorry now. I expect a few downward adjustments before release -_-

I am absolutely shocked we got buffed.

Not that i'm complaining lol

I guess they have numbers that we don't have if they felt like they needed to buff us.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2016-06-15 at 05:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by throwaway-o View Post
    Well Pyro used to be in line with Fireball in terms of damage (double cast time -> double damage) but lately the favour has been tipping on the side of Pyro.
    Looking at the spels themselves, hardcasted Pyro does still seem to do slightly (very slightly) more damage then Fireball however the artifact talents push the advantage back to Fireball.

As usual, thanks to Ignite, Fire's scaling is gonna be better than other specs, even more so thanks to Pyretic Incantantion, where more crit chance means more uptime of the buff.

Living Bomb now is a dream: there's gonna be so much BOOM! going around it's gonna get crazy! I think they will reintroduce a target cap, on trash masses it's gonna destroy everything if it stays like it is now, and will then likely be nerfed.

Deleted
    It's worth mentioning that living bomb is still on a 12 second cooldown. I guess that means it will explode, spread, explode and still have 4 seconds to go before you can cast it again. Sounds good to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Liking the new Living Bomb change.

Tier bonus also got changed slightly:

Item - Mage T19 Fire 4P Bonus: Hot Streak has a 25% chance to also grant you 20% haste for 10 sec.

It's as if they realised that the previous bonus of near-guaranteed +30% haste was too good

That Flame orb animation is highly distracting, Hope they change it or at least allow us to turn off the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    As usual, thanks to Ignite, Fire's scaling is gonna be better than other specs, even more so thanks to Pyretic Incantantion, where more crit chance means more uptime of the buff.

Living Bomb now is a dream: there's gonna be so much BOOM! going around it's gonna get crazy! I think they will reintroduce a target cap, on trash masses it's gonna destroy everything if it stays like it is now, and will then likely be nerfed.
    Yeah this is why Im weary about fire being so strong since its still beta. This current build fire in any multi target situation where adds stay up for a significant amount of time would be absolutely ridiculous dps. We're in a position where a nerf is inevitable and you just hope it doesnt hit too hard (considering its Blizzard were talking about)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Yeah this is why Im weary about fire being so strong since its still beta. This current build fire in any multi target situation where adds stay up for a significant amount of time would be absolutely ridiculous dps. We're in a position where a nerf is inevitable and you just hope it doesnt hit too hard (considering its Blizzard were talking about)
    Don't take the current tuning too seriously. It matters very little. The most likely scenario is there is a Blizzard analyst trying things into their internal simulator and he just adjusts stuff based on what he finds. I doubt they have concluded or they take what they find for now too conclusively. Even if they did thought about it conclusively players are barely in a position to start having a respectable opinion. The simcraft scripts and code are still being developed and in-game raid testing is rarely done.
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-06-15 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by archtme View Post
    It's worth mentioning that living bomb is still on a 12 second cooldown. I guess that means it will explode, spread, explode and still have 4 seconds to go before you can cast it again. Sounds good to me.
    Yeah the damage and cooldown is the same, just activates quicker.
    It would be really annoying to refresh a dot every 4 seconds :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    Liking the new Living Bomb change.

Tier bonus also got changed slightly:

Item - Mage T19 Fire 4P Bonus: Hot Streak has a 25% chance to also grant you 20% haste for 10 sec.

It's as if they realised that the previous bonus of near-guaranteed +30% haste was too good
    I wish our 4pc had more interaction with our kit, instead of just a secondary buff

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    I wish our 4pc had more interaction with our kit, instead of just a secondary buff
    First Tier of an xpac is often simple to let players adapt to the new class/spec mechanics. Wait for T20 for the cool shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah the damage and cooldown is the same, just activates quicker.
    It would be really annoying to refresh a dot every 4 seconds :P
    Agreed. There were people (perhaps not in this thread) that assumed the cd was reduced to 4 seconds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    First Tier of an xpac is often simple to let players adapt to the new class/spec mechanics. Wait for T20 for the cool shit
    Tell that to my T17 fire mage, even other specs and classes (dps) have some sort of interaction with a skill they already use baseline.

Deleted
    I was playing with Fire on the PTR and I like the new Inferno Blast mechanics a lot, especially the fact you can cast IB while you are already casting Fireball. Time to lose that stopcasting macro.

However, there is a bug with this Inferno Blast mechanic when it is combined with Ice Floes. When you cast Fireball on the move with IF, activating Inferno Blast while casting will consume the Ice Floes buff and the Fireball will be interrupted.

Is this a bug on the PTR or is it also bugged in the beta?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    I was playing with Fire on the PTR and I like the new Inferno Blast mechanics a lot, especially the fact you can cast IB while you are already casting Fireball. Time to lose that stopcasting macro.

However, there is a bug with this Inferno Blast mechanic when it is combined with Ice Floes. When you cast Fireball on the move with IF, activating Inferno Blast while casting will consume the Ice Floes buff and the Fireball will be interrupted.

Is this a bug on the PTR or is it also bugged in the beta?
    Report it, the code versions are the same.

So I managed to run out of mana as fire on the garrison target dummy. Anyone else get this? I assume this is not intended.

So thinking of rolling Mage this expac, how hard is fire to play?