Page 46 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A lot of discussion as to what legendaries will be good for mages, and for pure single target I can't say but it could possibly be the bloodlust one.

However I feel like a lot of them might be more fight dependant.
    Bloodlust legendary for short fights.
    Scorch legendary for fights with strong movement required.
    And I personally think the Dragon's breath legendary will be absolutely insane for some encounters. Like Krosus for example where adds can be spread out slightly how still in a pretty slim row. Having a 40 yards dragon's breath seems to be the best thing imagineable here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
    And I personally think the Dragon's breath legendary will be absolutely insane for some encounters. Like Krosus for example where adds can be spread out slightly how still in a pretty slim row. Having a 40 yards dragon's breath seems to be the best thing imagineable here
    Got this one on Beta, numbers are insane and it hits almost as hard as pyro if not harder.

Quite awesome i must say. Small problem for me, you can ninja pull alot of trash on instances if you are not carefull

Ahhhh I've missed the sweet Sting of the nerf bat artifact traits for fireball and pyroblast damage increases took some hits

Well Phoenix's Flames and Phoenix Reborn were buffed, probably to push more Phoenix's Flames into the standard rotation outside of saving them for Combustion.
    Ignite was also buffed.
    The Pyroblast and Fireball nerfs are probably there to reflect the buffs we got with Phoenix's Flames and Ignite.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Well Phoenix's Flames and Phoenix Reborn were buffed, probably to push more Phoenix's Flames into the standard rotation outside of saving them for Combustion.
    Ignite was also buffed.
    The Pyroblast and Fireball nerfs are probably there to reflect the buffs we got with Phoenix's Flames and Ignite.
    What you cant see with the basic notes with Phoenix's flames is that its a 90 second recharge time instead of 30 seconds.. It's really really slow at recharging now. Like its abysmally slow. You'll get charges faster with more targets but the single target portion for fire just got a noticeable nerf.
    Last edited by SuperSirius; 2016-06-24 at 02:55 AM. Reason: slight additions

oh really? god damn it.

Phoenix Reborn's reduction proc on Phoenix Flames was doubled tho. From 5 seconds to 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by qtBlackGandolf View Post
    Phoenix Reborn's reduction proc on Phoenix Flames was doubled tho. From 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
    Still recharge was tripled, it just makes it better for cleave/aoe.

So with today's Phoenix Flames changes, it's basically a stronger AOE Fire Blast now.

How would that be worked into a rotation where you cant camp pyros? Use on opening and then use when you dont get a heating up? Just use when fire blast is on CD? It seems super strong and even with a 90 second cooldown you'll want to be using it on CD to not lose dps.

I imagine combustion rotation will still be: PB > PF > PB > PF > PB > PF > PB > FB > PB > FB > PB
    And then for outside rotation we will simply use PF as a 2nd Fire blast or simply let it recharge until combustion is ready again. Ofc I don't know about the numbers considering that you essentially waste the guaranteed crit effect when under combustion.

I assume this also devalues the talent Flame On slight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Ignite was also buffed.
    Won't it be the other way around? "Recharge is so slow I better save them for my other cd's"

7+ Year Old Account
    Won't the 90 second recharge time be problematic for raids, referring to starting and wiping on bosses? Really don't want to have to wait 4.5 mins every single raid wipe to wait to start with 3 charges of PF. They better reset on wipes (or even better just reset the start of each boss pull). I can just see that being more of an inconvenience, especially in dungeons, making players want to hold on to the charges rather than actually use them when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by archtme View Post
    Won't it be the other way around? "Recharge is so slow I better save them for my other cd's"
    Everything I wrote then was before I was told about the 1.5min cd change. mmo champ didn't add that to the patch notes until you moused over the tool tips.
    I can tell you the flow of the spec has changed, its a flat our nerf to fun for the sake of number tuning that I believe could be done elsewhere

Deleted
    That PFlames buff seems OP. It will make Pyros! extremely easy. I expect the spec to be extremely convenient for levelling now.

For overall damage in a raid I do not know. They seem to nerf it. I want to see more opinions and data on numbers and utility.

I find it very unclear to be honest and it further strengthens my opinion artifact progression should probably be class-wide.

Deleted
    The 90 second recharge sounds absolutely horrible to play with and probably makes the Phoenix Reborn artifact trait the first thing you work towards. This really needs to be sorted.

On the topic of opening rotation during combustion, I see a lot of people saying:

PB > PF > PB > PF > PB > PF >PB > FB > PB > FB > PB

But why not:

PB > FB > PB > FB > PB > PF > PB > PF > PB > PF > PB

You'd want to maximise the damage of PF from Pyretic Incantation (if it's not already fully stacked), and using FB as the first Hot Streak triggers makes them come off cooldown immediately afterwards letting you continue the chain of procs well after the combustion window ends for even more instant turreting goodness.

Is it just because you might not be able to fit the entire chain into the combustion window and you want to make sure you get the PF's inside it? That I can get behind, but then would it be worth using the FB's on the opener to get a mini chain going and popping combustion + rune when the charges run out, starting the combust sequence with pyretic incantation stacks and making the most out of FB's recharge.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    FB = Fireball or Fire Blast?

I just had to delete my reply because I was reading Fireball (Why would you ever cast Fireball during CB ). It takes some time to get used to the new old name.

Maybe you should at least cast one PF to start the recharge time and get gains from Phoenix Reborn.
    PB > Blast > PB > PF > PB ....
    you'll get the 5. stack of PI at least with the 3rd PB.
    If you precast Rune at pull, you may use Rune > Comb > PF > Blast > PB > Blast > PB > ...
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2016-06-24 at 01:47 PM.

The 90 sec recharge time on Phoenix's Flames is killing me ... why blizzard ....

Deleted
    If anything, a longer recharge will make me safe it up for Combustion even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungrungrun View Post
    If anything, a longer recharge will make me safe it up for Combustion even more.
    Since PF is now a guaranteed crit, is there a real benefit to save them for Combustion ?