Thread: World War III

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

World War III

Famous PhD scholar(Wojciech Szewko) said that it's almost certainly that Turkey is going to fight with Syria... and that means it will also have a confrontation with Russia. Which would lead to warfare on a bigger scale(whole Europe and maybe whole world next).

And why exactly should europe care what turkey does with russia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I doubt WWIII will happen with what's going on now in our generation; but WWIII will be inevitable, doesn't matter when or how long, just as long as Human Civilization is present.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    They are part of NATO.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Because of the NATO (Turkey is part of it).

If Russia attacks Turkey, it attacks us all. This is why it won't happen.

If Erdogan is smart enough he will not do it and US wouldn't let him. There are many more players on the world stage that would be only happy to take advantage of chaos in case World War starts. China for example would move in to occupy islands and territories they think they have rights to, North Korea would start invading South Korea and Iran would attack Gulf Countries. This is a scenario neither Europe nor US nor Russia want to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    They are part of NATO.
    Finland is not So if Abdullahs and Vladimirs want to fight, by all means, but I have no interest in it ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Famous PhD scholar(Wojciech Szewko) said that it's almost certainly that Turkey is going to fight with Syria... and that means it will also have a confrontation with Russia. Which would lead to warfare on a bigger scale(whole Europe and maybe whole world next).
    I usually ignore people talking about WW3 as a likely scenario. They can't be taken seriously.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Someooooone isn't following what is happening around the Wooooorld.
    Turkey is in NATO.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I usually ignore people talking about WW3 as a likely scenario. They can't be taken seriously.
    Okay, I respect your opinion and you have fully right to say it... but what's the point? You didn't write anything constructive. At least let us all know why you think so.

NATO will defend Turkey but if Turkey goes into Syria NATO doesn't have to help them invade.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Okay, I respect your opinion and you have fully right to say it... but what's the point? You didn't write anything constructive. At least let us all know why you think so.
    Because of its unlikeliness. Russia has no interest in a full blown war with NATO. Never have. China would be neutral, they have no love for their neighbour. Russia would be isolated, even more so than now. The US on the other hand would love nothing more than yet more target practice to hone their war machine. Syria? Nobody cares about Syria. We're in it now to fix the country so we can ship all those refugees back, but other than that, it's a bloody desert in the middle of nowhere with no strategic value to it. That is exactly why Assad could do what he did for so long. Because Syria is insignificant.

If we haven't started WW3 over Cuba or Berlin, we certainly won't start it over Syria. What'll happen is that Turkey will shoot down Russian jets, they'll complain and bitch a little bit, Turkey will try to bolster their ego into thinking they're an actual force that matters and after two weeks nobody would talk about it anymore, because the CL is playing.

Also, the fact that this is some Polish unknown guy talking about WW3 just tells me he wants attention. As long as I don't hear serious people (that is, actual global leaders) talk about a war scenario, I don't really care much. Also, since I've checked Google news for anything about him and only see Polish sources, I'm inclined to think this is a Polish domestic PR stunt to gain whatever support he may need for whatever agenda he's into at the moment.

That is why I think in this particular case the dude is safe to ignore. I could do this for anyone else trying to hype up a WW3 scenario, if you like?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    I doubt the rest of NATO is going to join in, if Turkey is retarded enough to attack Syria and it's allies, including Russia.
    And with NATO being a defence alliance, it's not like you can just invade other countries and expect to invoke Article 5, when your ass gets handed right back to you.

I've been on two NATO deployments, but im rooting for Russia if Turkey decides to go for it, would love to see Turkey wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaranh View Post
    I doubt the rest of NATO is going to join in, if Turkey is retarded enough to attack Syria and it's allies, including Russia.
    And with NATO being a defence alliance, it's not like you can just invade other countries and expect to invoke Article 5, when your ass gets handed right back to you.

I've been on two NATO deployments, but im rooting for Russia if Turkey decides to go for it, would love to see Turkey wiped out.
    Turkey won't "go for it". Syria is not some gold sack that you can loot and bring home. This is not Risk. This is real life global politics. You don't just snatch up another country (if you're not Russia).

Deleted
    Exactly what point are you failing to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    That is why I think in this particular case the dude is safe to ignore. I could do this for anyone else trying to hype up a WW3 scenario, if you like?
    No one is "hyping it", it's just possible scenario. You cannot really say it's not. There are plenty of other speculations all over this forum...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but how does Turkey fighting Syria result in confrontation with Russia? And EVEN if for some reason it happens, do you really think NATO will come to defend Turkey in Syria? As far as I know, the alliance only demands defending one of its members in case of a war happening on its territory - and I don't think even Putin is desperate enough to try assaulting Turkey. Even if Russia and Turkey are going to fight on the territory of Syria, it is unlikely that it will go beyond that.

World War III ain't gonna happen. Unless something unexpected happens, like ISIS getting access to nukes and hitting Israel, etc.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-02-14 at 10:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I'm sorry, but how does Turkey fighting Syria result in confrontation with Russia? And EVEN if for some reason it happens, do you really think NATO will come to defend Turkey in Syria? As far as I know, the alliance only demands defending one of its members in case of a war happening on its territory - and I don't think even Putin is desperate enough to try assaulting Turkey. Even if Russia and Turkey are going to fight on the territory of Syria, it is unlikely that it will go beyond that.

World War III ain't gonna happen. Unless something unexpected happens, like ISIS getting access to nukes and hitting Israel, etc.
    Because people are stupid and think being in NATO automatically means if you fuck up everybode else in Nato joins the party. If a NATO member is the aggressor then noone in Nato is compelled to help them. If Turkey attacks Syria, russia will beat them back into their own borders fast. Worst case scenario is Russia pulls the north sea fleet into the mediterraean sea. That's the latest moment Turkey would turn tail and run. Chances are that afterwards Russia will negotiate a deal with Syria for a permanent naval presence there.

In a hypothetical szenario: If Canada wasn't in NATO, and the US invaded Canada, noone in Nato would be obliged to help. Even if Canada asks North Korea for help and they in response start an Invasion of the US.

You are completly right, of course. Also, even if Putin attacked Turkey on their ground, if they attack first, the Nato defence pact doesn't apply. Anyhow, Russia will not do that. They will leave it to the americans to control Erdogollum. Turkey already stopped shelling Syria because the US said 'nonono, that's a bad Turkey. Bad Turkey.', didn't they?

Deleted
    More likely it will just stay a proxy war.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Because people are stupid and think being in NATO automatically means if you fuck up everybode else in Nato joins the party. If a NATO member is the aggressor then noone in Nato is compelled to help them. If Turkey attacks Syria, russia will beat them back into their own borders fast. Worst case scenario is Russia pulls the north sea fleet into the mediterraean sea. That's the latest moment Turkey would turn tail and run. Chances are that afterwards Russia will negotiate a deal with Syria for a permanent naval presence there.

You are completly right, of course. Also, even if Putin attacked Turkey on their ground, if they attack first, the Nato defence pact doesn't apply. Anyhow, Russia will not do that. They will leave it to the americans to control Erdogollum. Turkey already stopped shelling Syria because the US said 'nonono, that's a bad Turkey. Bad Turkey.', didn't they?
    Please..... do you think the US would just stand by?

This is all an elaborate way for pro-Russians to say "I hope the superior military force that encircles Russia in the Eastern Mediterranean doesn't bring down the hammer when it attacks one of that force's core allies".

It's completely fucking delusional and a lot of Russian conscripts would get killed to prove it false.

Furthermore due to the ships there, the second Russian ships started firing anti-ship missiles, Western Aegis defense would automatically defend the ships in the area, lest a Russian missile accidentally hits the wrong country's ship.

Keeping on pretending that a very narrow reading of Article V is what will happen is just going top end up with you foaming at the mouth when Russian the Eastern Mediterranean is littered with the wreckage of the Russian Navy.

And besides, you really won't like the sequel either: arming insurgent groups in Russia's hinterlands. Chechniya deserves to be a threequel, don't you think?

Turkey did not bombed YPG from air with jets, they shelled. This should give you an idea about Turkey's willingness to engage in a war with Russia. If Turkey is too aggressive, they are alone, that's for sure but if Russia overcommits, NATO might come to aid. So, for a bigger confrontation, both countries need to overcommit which ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-02-14 at 11:06 PM.