Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Not possible on one character. The raid hasnt been out for 500 weeks. Nice try though
    Think again.

Not possible on one character. The raid hasnt been out for 500 weeks. Nice try though
    There were people running H Archi 20 times a day to boost people for the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Due to my shitty Internet connection I can't really play much else. Other games like fps and moba's are extremely punishing for the laggy player where for wow it's managable.
    Could play single player or console games.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still play diablo 2 don't they?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Nope, the idea of 6 more months of HFC makes me want to vomit. So now is the point where you take breaks or pack it in for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    There were people running H Archi 20 times a day to boost people for the mount.
    Also awful, I'd have to be getting paid actually money and far more then somebody would pay for a mount to do that. At that point the game becomes work not a hobby.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it's not fun. Blizzard said it would never happen again after SoO... Well, that worked out great!
    Same as after ICC and DS. What they say they want to do and do are almost never the same.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I've known some people who stay subscribed all the way through no matter what and I don't get it. It seems really ridiculous to pay 15$ a month and you're doing the same raid that you did months and months ago. Nothing has changed but you just repeat the same thing week in and week out.

How come people don't unsubscribe and try out different games or spend their time more constructively?
    I think it is pretty ridiculous to do whatever it takes including belittling and losing friends just to get ahead and destroy the content fast as you can so that you can in some way feel superior to others at A VIDEO GAME.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

If it wasn't for the gold from carries and wanting to get the mount for the raid group, I wouldn't keep playing. (that and I want to keep my raid spot, quitting means you have to re-app and they won't "hold" your place).

It's boring as heck but we only raid one night a week now so it's easy to ignore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I think it is pretty ridiculous to do whatever it takes including belittling and losing friends just to get ahead and destroy the content fast as you can so that you can in some way feel superior to others at A VIDEO GAME.
    Need to let something out?

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    The problem is Blizzard is horrible at pacing content...
    Wrong again. Blizzard is just fine at pacing content for the average player. Just not the 1-10% that have full cleared the hardest content, nor the ones that feel in some way entitled to belittle those who chew through the content as it was intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I mean all it takes is to log in every few days for 2min to complete/assign garrison and it's free to play.
    That will be fixed if it already hasn't

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icuren View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Need to let something out?
    nope. just a silly thread posted by a silly person who wanted to some how bolster his own image of himself.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, people want vanilla/BC servers, right?

Aren't they begging for the kind of content droughts that they also say are what are ruining modern WoW?

I mean, killing mythic Archimonde isn't fun, but killing Gluth over and over and over again from now until the end of WoW? I mean, that's fun, right?

You have to kite the zombies n' stuff. That's engaging gameplay.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Oh sure. Maybe in the top guilds but the majority of guilds are still progressing.
    Then you're still working on new bosses.

Mythic Mannoroth or Archimonde doesn't even remotely feel like the same encounter as heroic Mannoroth or Archimonde.

Not all people raid for the boss itself or the loot itself. They raid for the betterment of the team. The raid itself is the vessel but the substance is the team.

I've known some people who stay subscribed all the way through no matter what and I don't get it. It seems really ridiculous to pay 15$ a month and you're doing the same raid that you did months and months ago. Nothing has changed but you just repeat the same thing week in and week out.

How come people don't unsubscribe and try out different games or spend their time more constructively?

The folly of your question is that it assumes more than ~40% of players even touch raids. Then there is the fact that a lot of people DO unsub in these content droughts.

I raid to hang out with 9-13 other folks that I have been raiding with for ~11 years now. I play this game to play with people, to talk and hang out. Gear is a bonus to hanging out with friends.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2016-02-15 at 08:38 PM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I personally always had enough after the first few kills. I guess some people maybe keep doing it because it's not just the meta gameplay element, but some kind of social dynamic that makes them keep at it. My assumption is that most people who do it are doing so because they're afraid of losing their job, uhm, raid slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Another gem among the threads you create. Nobody who currently is playing wow ever tried out a different game or does something else Naise b8
    What do you mean? Everyone has a certain amount of free time. If the content is old and repetitive, wouldn't one be better off doing something else?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...taxus/advanced

God no. And I won't do that ever again.

Its fun to get togetehr and do soemthing once or twiice a week. Talking to the guildies nd such.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Its fun to get togetehr and do soemthing once or twiice a week. Talking to the guildies nd such.
    Yeah it's just like asking someone why they go bowling every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raid 4 hours a week. That's about it, and I do some wow stuff weekly that isn't WoW related. It's all about self control.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Short answer is no, no it isn't.

Our guild is by no means crazy good or hardcore or anything like that, but top 200 us puts us now in farm territory. Still at around a 5 hour clear. Its not that hard, most people are now in the boat of only needing very few specific drops and only wf/socket upgrades. Alts, Achieve runs, CM modes etc happen alot more.