10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Modern KOTOR Remake with modern graphics

If this actually pulls through and gets made

http://kotaku.com/fans-begin-project...ode-1759247436

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is one of the most beloved Star Wars games ever made. Soon, it might also be one of the most beloved Star Wars games ever re-made.

Apeiron (probably not pronounced “Ape Iron,” but I can dream) is a fan effort that aims to remake the entirety of the RPG set a longer time ago in a galaxy far, far away. The engine? The oh-so-trendy Unreal Engine 4. The goal? To not only recreate KOTOR, but to build on the foundation BioWare established back in ye olde yeare 2003.

Here’s a brief description of the project:

“Apeiron is a reboot of the Knights of the old Republic that was released in 2003. Apeiron is a remake and remastering of the original game with added content, new worlds, missions, HUD, inventory, items, and companions.”

Ambitious. Perhaps overly so, given the grassroots nature of it all, but we’ll see. Sure, I would probably need a Lovecraftian squid ball to help me count the number of video game fan remakes that have fallen by the wayside over the years, but sometimes we get a Black Mesa, Deus Ex: Revision, or Skywind. Admittedly, the last one of those isn’t done yet (and the first is only mostly done), but LET ME HOPE DAMN IT.

“Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see that happen, but like many fan projects before them, seems like a cease and desist waiting to happen, if the group working on it doesn't fall apart halfway through.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this actually might be happend, i gonna love play it! KOTOR was one of SW games i much love! Still after the 13 years of release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen. Microsoft themselves are looking into the possibility of a proper HD remake of the game, no way they'd let some fan project steal their thunder.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...d-to-Xbox-Boss
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh...oh....Oooohhhhh...Ooooooohhhhh (Moans erotically)

Yaaaaasssssss~~~~!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Won't happen. Microsoft themselves are looking into the possibility of a proper HD remake of the game, no way they'd let some fan project steal their thunder.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...d-to-Xbox-Boss
    That is an article from 2 year's ago and still we've yet to hear anything back of them even attempting this. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen.

They think they're safe to make/release it because of the fact that they aren't charging for it. They will soon learn how wrong they are.

Is this legal?
    • ABSOLUTLEY!

Since the game is still under intellecal property by Disney we are allowed to make the game, but we are not allowed to sell it. So the entire game will be 100% FREE!
    Source
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-02-16 at 06:37 AM.

Disney will quash it, And due to disney and EA we will never see a game like kotor set in star wars again.

Since the game is still under intellecal property by Disney we are allowed to make the game, but we are not allowed to sell it. So the entire game will be 100% FREE!
    I have seen countless fan made games shut down regardless of this rule.

Is this legal?
    ABSOLUTLEY!

If Disney wants to, they can stop it. All it takes is some claim that this project can damage them financially then the C&D will come forth. It is entirely up to them if this passes or not.

I am hoping this gets finished. Like really hoping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt a fan-team can create something like KotOR. It requires so much art and code and simply handling the game states must be an absolute nightmare.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-02-16 at 09:17 AM.

I loved how these games used a custom d&d ruleset and the stories were engaging. I hear the team that did the restoration project for kotor 2 released it as a full patch some point last year.

but yeah SWTOR wasn't a great kotor, its a fun mmo but the mmo part takes away from the linear story of a single player game. kotor 1-2 plays out more like a easier to manage nwn playthrough with speech checks locks and traps.

Fan made. As such I'd be impressed if anything comes about this in a serious capacity.

If microsoft does the remake it will be awful. See halo combat evolved and Fable the lost chapters remake.

How would they get the rights Kotor belongs to Bioware and Lucas Arts. Lucas Arts now belongs to Disney.