Thread: Reincarnation

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    science isn't a be all end all not until we know every thing any thing is possible maybe unlikely but possible unless you can say you understand every single thing science doesn't just work on what we already know for all we know theirs a huge scientific basis for some thing we just haven't found it yet.
    Well said, I love that idea!

science isn't a be all end all not until we know every thing any thing is possible maybe unlikely but possible unless you can say you understand every single thing science doesn't just work on what we already know for all we know theirs a huge scientific basis for some thing we just haven't found it yet.
    Holy fallacy balls batman. Science is a be all end all, it's proven data. You're arguing that since we don't understand certain things yet that "OMG IT MUST BE JESUS SINCE IT HASN'T BEEN PROVEN OTHERWISE!!!!".

No, shut up. That makes as much sense as me arguing for the idea that 3,000 pound pygmy monkey overlords float around in a 4th dimension dictating our lives from the moon. Sound stupid? Too bad, science hasn't proven it wrong yet!

I suggest you educate yourself on the idea of god of the gaps and never use that argument again, it just makes you look ignorant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Holy fallacy balls batman. Science is a be all end all, it's proven data. You're arguing that since we don't understand certain things yet that "OMG IT MUST BE JESUS SINCE IT HASN'T BEEN PROVEN OTHERWISE!!!!".

No, shut up. That makes as much sense as me arguing for the idea that 3,000 pound pygmy monkey overlords float around in a 4th dimension dictating our lives from the moon. Sound stupid? Too bad, science hasn't proven it wrong yet!

I suggest you educate yourself on the idea of god of the gaps and never use that argument again, it just makes you look ignorant: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps
    you do know i didn't say any thing about god i don't really personalty believe in a god, the way i see it just cause it hasn't been found yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist and as humans are science isnt flawless it being proven data is only proven from our view we have an understanding but who's to say our understanding isn't comply wrong and we just think its right humans are flawless begins and neither is our science until we can get science to a point were we can ascend to godhood where humans know all theirs a possibility for it to be wrong.

why do you seem so hostile to a different point of view any way? i could be wrong i could not be i don't seem a reason to be hostile about it

you do know i didn't say any thing about god i don't really personalty believe in a god, the way i see it just cause it hasn't been found yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist and as humans are science isnt flawless it being proven data is only proven from our view we have an understanding but who's to say our understanding isn't comply wrong and we just think its right humans are flawless begins and neither is our science until we can get science to a point were we can ascend to godhood where humans know all theirs a possibility for it to be wrong.

why do you seem so hostile to a different point of view any way? i could be wrong i could not be i don't seem a reason to be hostile about it
    Now you're using another fallacy to argue your point. You can replace god in what was presented with any other spiritual garbage.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

7+ Year Old Account
    Now you're using another fallacy to argue your point. You can replace god in what was presented with any other spiritual garbage.
    what about the rest of my post? you didnt reply to any of that

While, I'm more inclined to believe that death is more or less like eternal sleep, I think reincarnation is more plausible than heaven/hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

i think

therefore i am

The point is that you can take any idea you can think of, but until you actually find evidence to support it, it is more reasonable not to believe in it. Humans are imaginative: we can think of MANY more concepts than we can prove, but just because we can imagine it doesn't mean it is a plausible truth, nor does it make it rational to believe in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The point is that you can take any idea you can think of, but until you actually find evidence to support it, it is more reasonable not to believe in it. Humans are imaginative: we can think of MANY more concepts than we can prove, but just because we can imagine it doesn't mean it is a plausible truth, nor does it make it rational to believe in it.
    i could see this point of view but theirs also the possibility your evidence is wrong i also don't really see any problem with believing some thing even if it is un rational unless your trying to spread others to think the same way or you live your life to try and to meet it, i don't know whats after death but i don't live my life trying to ad-hear to say the bible its possible that parts of the bible are true but until i know for sure i'm not gonna change how i do things. and i don't fully believe every thing that science says so i don't live as it is the be all end all and every thing else is just stupid

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not yet decided on my religious beliefs, if any at all (so maybe I'm an atheist), but I do believe in reincarnation too. I've read about a lot of things, and witnessed a handful of things that I cannot explain using science. I'm one of the ones who does believe that we have yet to explain a lot of things about our world using science, and spirituality is a very large and unexplained chapter. One incident I still remember when I was 8, and there were no mobile phones in those days... My Grandmom, while meditating, was able to tell of my dad's car accident that took place about 300 kms from where we lived. She gave the location and told us not to worry, "Dad's fine, he's not hurt, but we need to send someone to bring him back". I don't know how she knew, I don't know what she did, but my dad was on his way back a few hours later.

Another thing that I find interesting is that older civilizations i.e. ones that have written history of more than 4000 years, all seem to believe in it (Egyptians, Indians, Chinese to name a few). And for those saying if Science cannot explain it, it means it isn't real: search "The Iron Pillar of New Delhi" - a 6 tonne metal column erected somewhere between 400 - 1200 AD, and remains highly rust resistant to this day. Scientists have yet to replicate that level of success using basic metals. Science is good, but it is nowhere near complete to be able to describe everything that happens in this world. Not yet at least.

Deleted
    Of course not, its absurd.

Besides if it was real, it would suggest some kind of system or simulation was set into place by a higher being, something thats absolutely pointless cause whats the use if you lose all your memories? Its not like you can do better the next time if you dont even know what went wrong the last time.

There could be genetic memory or maybe telepathy or access to other peoples memories somehow, at least those things are scientifically possible but reincarnation.. nope.

Hey OP, this video should be interesting for you.
    Last edited by Cocobutters; 2016-02-16 at 08:51 AM.

Dude ...please.... learn how to use complete sentences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    This is not religious discussion.
    Of course it is.

Unlike pygmy monkey overlords, there's evidence to suggest reincarnation could be real. So how bout you just stop.

Believing in reincarnation is as stupid as believing in a sky wizard that created earth in a week.
    I like to believe reincarnation is a thing because I'm terrified of death. It won't matter if I'm right or wrong in the end, will it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdalas View Post
    I like to believe reincarnation is a thing because I'm terrified of death. It won't matter if I'm right or wrong in the end, will it?
    Well that's why the vast majority of the people on this planet choose to believe in certain things; because living in reality is just way too crushing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well that's why the vast majority of the people on this planet choose to believe in certain things; because living in reality is just way too crushing.
    But thats like really bad. If people didnt and were forced to accept reality, they'd be more likely to do something about it instead of "meh, the sky wizard will reward me". Like not kill each other or try to cure aging for one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    But thats like really bad. If people didnt and were forced to accept reality, they'd be more likely to do something about it instead of "meh, the sky wizard will reward me". Like not kill each other or try to cure aging for one.
    Exactly. But hey, what can you do?

Deleted
    While I'm not entirely sure where I stand when it comes to actual belief on the matter, I do find the concept intriguing. It's certainly a fun thought experiment to try to think who or what you may have been in a past life. My high school's psychology teacher actually made us do that once. It was entertaining if nothing else.