Manny Pacquiao: People in same-sex relationships 'worse than animals'

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...-relationships

"MANILA, Philippines -- Boxing star and Philippine Senate candidate Manny Pacquiao apologized Tuesday for denouncing people in gay relationships as "worse than animals" but said he stood by his opposition to same-sex marriage.

Fellow Filipino celebrities were among those criticizing his remarks, made when a TV network asked candidates about their views on same-sex marriage.

"It's just common sense," Pacquiao said in the remarks posted online by the TV5 network. "Have you seen any animal having male-to-male or female-to-female relations?"

Animals, he said, were better because they recognize gender differences, and "if you have male-to-male or female-to-female [relationships], then people are worse than animals." "

Will be interesting to see people's reactions to what Pacquiao has said. He was always thought of as being a great guy, but on the flip side his fans have always made excuses for him in the boxing world. He has been talking about retiring from the ring and doing politics full time but this might put a wrench in those plans. I am not sure how the Philippines are with gay rights, so this might even further his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Someone tell this man about Google.
    The videos of gay animals would trigger him again.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    The Philippines is incredibly religious and very unfriendly towards homosexuality. It's a dumb justification, but I'm not surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The videos of gay animals would trigger him again.
    animals do it out of stupidity
    ive seen dogs hump piles of newspaper

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    Objectophelia in animals confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    The Philippines is incredibly religious and very unfriendly towards homosexuality. It's a dumb justification, but I'm not surprised at all.
    Some truth to this on the surface, but the Philippines are quite the destination for tranny prostitutes on that side of the world. People who disrespect Mama-san get the girly boy for the night.

I've also seen my mother's FEMALE dog hump stuff on rare occasion.

I chalk it up to stupidity, not that my mother has a tranny dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I've also seen my mother's FEMALE dog hump stuff on rare occasion.

I chalk it up to stupidity, not that my mother has a tranny dog.
    Excuse me, your mother's dog is clearly gender non-conformative, who are you to judge what it identifies as!?

Filipino boxer, *shrug*.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, all those bonobos are just making mistakes. It's a miracle they've survived this long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    Some truth to this on the surface, but the Philippines are quite the destination for tranny prostitutes on that side of the world. People who disrespect Mama-san get the girly boy for the night.
    They're not exactly respected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yep, all those bonobos are just making mistakes. It's a miracle they've survived this long.
    Yeah, but we're in no way related to animals!

10+ Year Old Account
    So are professional boxers supposed to be the poster boy of the enlightened modern man?

I could care very little about what some guy in the Philippines thinks of homosexuality.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

While I'm sure there's a discussion to be had about this, the issue is we don't allow sexuality/orientation as a topic for discussion, even if it's other people's opinions towards those topics.

Closing this.