Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    higher graphic requirements?

i hope i can still play my chars with the old graphics..

can anyone in the alpha confirm this?
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2016-02-17 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    It says i5 750, not i5 7500
    there is no such thing as i5 7500, yet

If you can play now then you can play in legion as well you just won't get to benefit from the increased view distance and probably the ultra textures as well since are the 2 major graphical additions, the textures performance hit is pretty much negligible. You can't tell much from alpha right now either because many graphical effects are completely unoptimized and tank frame rates on even the most powerful computers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    higher graphic requirements?

i hope i can still play my chars with the old graphics..

can anyone in the alpha confirm this?

In my case i have to turn the graphics down on the Alpha, especially the Viewing Distance ( its like 10x higher than in WOD ) , it really depends on the Scenery but its definetly more demanding than WOD iam afraid.

15+ Year Old Account

Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Soulscorch View Post
    And who exactly is Arpexia, and why is he/she mentioned, when it's that russian guy that is nr1 achies world. Really want an explanation for this. I'm nr 16 atm and no1 gives a shit. Gief praise!
    Sended you a message about this on mmo-champion.
    Heres the proof screen that someone asked for: http://imgur.com/86pGi93

100% Achievements - "Warlords of Draenor Edition" - 03.02.2016 - 05:52 CET
    Hunter Armory | Guild: Gambit (German) | Sellruns / Boosts (German)

Deleted
    I really wonder how my asus 580 gtx card holds up. I run everything fine but it's getting old, I did pay a lot of money for it back then though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    Aw i can't drive legion i think what do you guys think?

x99
    16gb ddr4
    512gb 950 samsung m.2
    2x GTX980 Ti

this might be a problem, right?
    Nobody is impressed

Note: FileVault options and case-sensitive formatted volumes are not supported for installation of Blizzard games.
    WHAT? Filevault is always activated on my laptop...

Well gee thanks Blizzard, nice of you to let us know that the reqs has greatly increased several months after allowing people to pre-purchase. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    If you can play now then you can play in legion as well you just won't get to benefit from the increased view distance and probably the ultra textures as well since are the 2 major graphical additions, the textures performance hit is pretty much negligible. You can't tell much from alpha right now either because many graphical effects are completely unoptimized and tank frame rates on even the most powerful computers.
    Seriously hope this is true. My laptop is okay for playing WoD, but that's really it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    Well gee thanks Blizzard, nice of you to let us know that the reqs has greatly increased several months after allowing people to pre-purchase. -_-

Seriously hope this is true. My laptop is okay for playing WoD, but that's really it.
    Goes without saying that you'll have no problems running it if you can run WoD. Increased requirements cover additions and enhancements (View distance, lighting quality, texture resolution), which almost certainly are optional.

So I have an i5-2400, but all the other recommended specs (Don't really have the money to upgrade it anytime soon either)

Think I'll still be able to run the new high resolutions? I won't be increasing view distance, I don't need to see further than it goes now anyways. I also leave shadows and lighting on medium usually, although I might try to up the lighting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arpexia View Post
    Gz Arpexia for being #1 and thank you for taking your time to explain it to me. Too bad blizzard fucked it up with giving alliance an extra achievement to which we have no counterpart. Why does wowprogress.com list it that way thought? This SHOULD be fixed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by mikkis2k View Post
    Aw i can't drive legion i think what do you guys think?

x99
    16gb ddr4
    512gb 950 samsung m.2
    2x GTX980 Ti

this might be a problem, right?
    aww, bless - only 512gb? /pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bracchus View Post
    In my case i have to turn the graphics down on the Alpha, especially the Viewing Distance ( its like 10x higher than in WOD ) , it really depends on the Scenery but its definetly more demanding than WOD iam afraid.
    ok thx, but i mean the old character texture model. exist this button in the alpha?

Ugh, another increase. The one that came with wod had quite an effect on holder hardware. Now getting 1-3 fps on an older netbook while before it ran it fine with 45-60 fps on low.

But i guess they have the numbers to support this

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    aww, bless - only 512gb? /pat.
    Not even an PCI ssd, or a PCI ram drive lol

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Ugh, another increase. The one that came with wod had quite an effect on holder hardware. Now getting 1-3 fps on an older netbook while before it ran it fine with 45-60 fps on low.

But i guess they have the numbers to support this
    Problem is everything keeps evolving. Hell in Vanilla you could run the game on Windows 98/ME with an Intel pentium 3 and like 512MB of RAM. Even then it ran like garbage. It also used to run on Voodoo cards.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-02-17 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpexia View Post
    Whats your /played time?

Deleted
    Luckily I did upgrade my pc few weeks ago.

Hmm.. I wonder how the upped requirements will affect me with a intel pentium G3220 3.0 ghz, 8 gb ram and a gtx 660 2gb, at the moment I rarely have it dip below 60 fps on ultra while out in the world.. Would be a shame if I had to lower the graphics to get 30+ in legion.. Of course I could upgrade my CPU but they are quite expensive compared to the amount of money I have >.>

i.imgur.com/0iLaDet.png

Think it's possible guys?