Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blackman with CC permit w/ gun gets pulled over, guess what happens next...

Source

A black Arizona man’s Facebook post praising the professionalism of the police officers who recently pulled him over has gone viral.

Steven Hildreth Jr. said he was driving with a headlight out when he was pulled over by Tucson police.

“The officer asks me how I’m doing, and then asks if I have any weapons. ‘Yes, sir. I’m a concealed carry permit holder and my weapon is located on my right hip. My wallet is in my back-right pocket,” Mr. Hildreth recalled in the post, which amassed more than 176,000 shares since Tuesday.

“The officer explains for his safety and mine, he needs to disarm me for the stop. I understand, and I unlock the vehicle,” he alleged. “I explain that I’m running a 7TS ALS holster but from the angle, the second officer can’t unholster it. Lead officer asks me to step out, and I do so slowly. Officer relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it. He also sees my military ID and I tell him I’m with the National Guard.”

“Lead officer points out my registration card is out of date but he knows my registration is up to date,” Mr. Hildreth wrote. “Officers return with my Glock in an evidence back, locked and cleared. ‘Because you were cool with us and didn’t give us grief, I’m just going to leave it at a verbal warning. Get that headlight fixed as soon as possible.’ I smile. ‘Thank you, sir.’”

“I’m a black man wearing a hoodie and strapped. According to certain social movements, I shouldn’t be alive right now because the police are allegedly out to kill minorities,” Mr. Hildreth argued. “Maybe … just maybe … that notion is bunk. Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you.”

“Police officers are people, too. By far and large, most are good people and they’re not out to get you,” he concluded. “I’d like to thank those two officers and TPD in general for another professional contact. We talk so much about the bad apples who shouldn’t be wearing a badge. I’d like to spread the word about an example of men who earned their badges and exemplify what that badge stands for. #BlueLivesMatter #AllLivesMatter”

Reactions were mixed in the more than 21,000 comments on his post. Many praised him for standing against the rhetoric of the Black Lives Matter movement, while others argued that his peaceful encounter does not mean police brutality against minorities isn’t a widespread problem.

It's sad when we need to praise people with common sense to teach others how to act.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Source

It's sad when we need to praise people with common sense to teach others how to act.
    Treating everyone as human, with dignity and respect, is perhaps the greatest form of communicating that you yourself are just that. What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing Zankai.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I wonder how many concerned #blm activists will call him a "uncle tom" for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you post a news story from nearly six months ago with a clickbait title?

This has been posted here already AND in the gun mega thread as well.
    October 29th 2015

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Source

Sorry for bothering you, but wth is a Blackman?
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

Many encounters are uneventful but go untold. Blm want excuses to destroy and plunder and will start shit where there isn't.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Why would you post a news story from nearly six months ago with a clickbait title?
    Because maybe he had not seen the news? And why should you care? It is a good story and I had not heard it. Thanks for sharing Zankai.

Something happened how it always should have, the problem is that it too often doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    Sorry for bothering you, but wth is a Blackman?
    How funny would it be if that was the person's surname?

Deleted
    "Maybe if you treat police officers with respect, they will do the same to you."
    Tell that to Tamir Rice, the 12-year old child with a toy gun, who got shot in two seconds flat, before he even knew police were on the scene. How, exactly do you treat police with respect if you're dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, anecdotal evidence. I guess the DOJ Ferguson report doesn't matter anymore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rguson-report/

I don't think the police are out to kill black people, but it doesn't mean it's not a dangerous situation for you when you're pulled over if you're not too bright, no matter what color your skin is. This guy knew exactly how to behave. He was cool as ice and gave the police more than enough information about the weapon he was carrying, very professionally executed. If he'd been a nervous guy with some behavior problems he might just as well been in the ground by now. I think it's sad that police have to treat you as if you're a cop-killing maniac if you're not complying or acting weird when they are put in stressful situations like this.
    Mother pus bucket!

I may have my beef with the law enforcement in this country, but I have found that if you behave in a professional manner with them regarding being legally armed they shockingly behave in a professional manner with you. Probably is because a lot of cops don't mind armed law abiding citizens - after all most probably have lawful firearms at home that are not police issue.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

The headlines in this forum are starting to look alot like Facebook clickbait shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Something happened how it always should have, the problem is that it too often doesn't.
    And the reason it doesn't go this way most of the time is not the police, but rather the person getting pulled over. It would have been "I'M A BLACK CITIZEN YOU CAN'T PULL ME OVER FUCK THE PO LEESE!" even though this guy had a headlight out.

So we have detailed and numerous incidents when unarmed black people are shot and killed by the police or armed citizens, and this one time it didn't happen proves BLM is stupid for wanting to call attention to the problem?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Ooh, anecdotal evidence. I guess the DOJ Ferguson report doesn't matter anymore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rguson-report/
    Almost none of that in reality when looked at objectively has anything to do with race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    So we have detailed and numerous incidents when unarmed black people are shot and killed by the police or armed citizens, and this one time it didn't happen proves BLM is stupid for wanting to call attention to the problem?
    Not only are they wrong, but these events are MORE common than the shootings and it's a part of proof that if you don't act like an ass, you'll more than likely get let off with a warning. But hey let's just like Michael Brown be called "an unarmed victim" when he dives at a cop trying to arrest him for robbery.

Yeah they acted like idiots with no regards to common sense. Had they acted like this model citizen they would still be alive. Let's belligerently charge at a police officer, cause that's a good idea!

You are assuming the percentage of reported negative incidents are the same as the percentage of reported positive incidents. That is not the case for the police or for anyone. If you have worked for a company and managed their reviews you would very easily see that depending on the business that it is easier for a person to be motivated into giving a bad review than it is for a person to be motivated into giving a good review.

Our news is sensationalized, it only reports things that will increase its ratings. What do you think will increase ratings more - a person getting shot by the police or the police helping a person change a flat tire?
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb