Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    CS is such a powerful damage buff that attacking outside of the debuff just feels extremely unsatisfying. I'm all for the opportunity window theme but maybe they took it a bit too far with CS. (Always been more biased towards steady-reliable dps over random burst though so eh).

Instead of Slam being a fish-for-CS button, I'd much prefer if it just applied a stacking debuff, like Sunder Armor. Which would still fit the Arms fantasy of aiming for weak spots, give more reliable output and avoid turning Arms into our second RNG dps spec, as if Fury wasn't enough for that.

That would free up CS for something else entirely, one of my favorite ideas I've once read was True Strike, a long cd attack that always ignores armor, cannot be blocked, dodged or parried and is guaranteed to crit (buffed by crit chance). So literally a melee version of Chaos Bolt, or Overpower on steroids.

If they make Titanic Might a viable and powerful talent option I'm happy enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    Fury is even less reliant on Enrage now, since Rampage (the new emphasis of Fury) deals damage as if the Warrior was Enraged.
    This is not true and needs to stop being spread.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    CS does not need to be removed as it fills an integral role for Arms as an ability as it's engaging to maximise your burst opportunities when you find your opponent's weak spot even if it is gated behind a little bit of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    This is not true and needs to stop being spread.
    Rampage procs enrage now as of the new iteration, it will always deal damage as if enraged as it IS activating our enrage.

I like it, personally. It definitely helps differentiate the spec from others, not just from Fury, but generally from other DPS specs, I think it's pretty nifty.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I think a better solution to fit the fantasy is to have a reduce CD mechanic tied to csmash rather then a chance to reset.

Something like 'Your slam lowers the CD of csmash by 10 seconds' or whatever, so its more like when you are ready to burst, you can control when csmash is available to you, making it fit the more planning theme of arms, leave the random procs to fury/talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vojka View Post
    I think a better solution to fit the fantasy is to have a reduce CD mechanic tied to csmash rather then a chance to reset.

Something like 'Your slam lowers the CD of csmash by 10 seconds' or whatever, so its more like when you are ready to burst, you can control when csmash is available to you, making it fit the more planning theme of arms, leave the random procs to fury/talents.
    That would work aswell, on the other hand some RNG is fun, as long as it feels rewarding and not punishing. So RNG Mortal Strike resets would be awesome in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    That would work aswell, on the other hand some RNG is fun, as long as it feels rewarding and not punishing. So RNG Mortal Strike resets would be awesome in that case.
    Yeah, random rng like that that doesn't really make or break your DPS is fantastic. Was a shame that the 20% MS reset got removed for a bland dmg increase, I feel like there are too many things tied to csmash right now.

- Csmash increases dmg and crit chance of next MS or execute
    - Csmash reduces rage cost of next MS or execute

^ It's almost as if those 2 traits could just be combined

Then yeah you got this new flat dmg increase to csmash (which our mastery does already) etc. etc.

Don't get me wrong I really like this Csmash business, but what they had before with the csmash extension and MS reset gave the other buttons a bit more purpose and diversity behind them and still accomplished the goal of tying it all together with csmash, if that makes sense.

I don't know if it needs to be full on removed but its current state is awful IMO.

It was originally brought in as 20 sec CD, 6 sec duration and ArP. Since then it's gotten worse and worse IMO.

Procs make it too randomized.
    Long CDs make us a 6 second wonder.
    + Damage is fine for PvE but makes it excerbate the problem with Warrior damage in PvP (too high vs. low armor, too low vs. high armor).

Honestly I think its existing incarnation was the best and just needed tweaking rather than a complete redesign.

7+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Gotham City and The Shire. But I wont tell..... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I quite enjoy the CS concept with Arms, the spec was fairly bland in WOTLK to me. It's fun to see it resetting, infact on 2+ targets I really enjoy T18 Arms right now in WOD with the class trinket providing 50% reset chance, you're keeping rend going and weaving CS + MS/Execute all up in and around the place.

Prior to Cataclysm we had this

I know a lot of people really liked it, but I thought it was a bit meh personally.
    I enjoyed AoEing back in Cata. If you spec'd into the prot talent tree and got the talent that spread rend you'd do that and then bladestorm. Never raided with one but I remember having a lot of fun doing dungeons and just spreading Rends

7+ Year Old Account
    I usually do not post twice in the same thread, but I thought this needs to be addressed...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    This [Rampage] is not true [deals damage as if Enraged] and needs to stop being spread.
    Rampage Unleash a series of 5 brutal strikes over 2 sec for a total of [ 5.000 * 0% of weapon damage ] Physical damage. Rampage causes you to become Enraged. Warrior - Fury Spec. 85 Rage. Melee range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Semiprogamer View Post
    I enjoyed AoEing back in Cata. If you spec'd into the prot talent tree and got the talent that spread rend you'd do that and then bladestorm. Never raided with one but I remember having a lot of fun doing dungeons and just spreading Rends
    I was talking about "prior to Cata".. Aka Wrath of the Lich King. Arms is Cataclysm was the best it has been in an expansion, arguably. I raided as both Arms and Fury during patch 4.3, the "Blood and Thunder" talent was godly and spreading rend with thunderclap was great fun. It was a bit more versatile in MOP when they just caused Thunder Clap to automatically spread DW though, as applying rend could sometimes be a minor annoyance, but by no means a big deal.

Blizzard didn't like AOE dots from Arms though clearly, as they removed it.. Shame as I enjoyed that personally.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

NO. The concept of CS has been around for long, except before cata it was just our sudden death's executes. Basically it is the concept of a swordman or weapon master that is able to exploit and create a window of opportunity to finish off/wound his foes.

Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    I usually do not post twice in the same thread, but I thought this needs to be addressed...

Rampage Unleash a series of 5 brutal strikes over 2 sec for a total of [ 5.000 * 0% of weapon damage ] Physical damage. Rampage causes you to become Enraged. Warrior - Fury Spec. 85 Rage. Melee range. Instant. 1.5 sec cooldown.
    Except that has nothing to do with the statement in question, and Jaybee was correct.

You made the claim that Fury is less reliant on Enrage now. It is not, which Jaybee correctly pointed out.

A factual statement would have been: Fury is less reliant on RNG for Enrage, due to the new Rampage mechanic.

Your current post clarifying how Enrage is generated is irrelevant. Fury is still very much reliant on Enrage, even more than it has been in the past, due to the attack speed (and corresponding rage generation) buff. Simply put, more Enrage = More Rage = More Rampage = More Enrage. Circular synergy.

TLDR: Being more reliable doesn't equate to less reliant.