Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by NaNaaru View Post
    I feel the "It will cost an entire raid tier" thing come...
    I remember old days when blood elves paladin had those little tweaks to remind that they are blood knights and not same as alliance paladins...it felt like the lore is dominant even within the small details (maybe it's just the nostalgia, idk).

well, if blizzard wanted to, they can add a mini-quest in the class hall where the race representatives will reward the player with a minor glyph that make a cosmetic change...

like: blood elves and forsaken hunters with "dark ranger" spec will get glowing red eyes, tauren paladins get a sun themed animation for a spell, goblin shamans will have the elements whining upon being called "this is the last time you call me, mortal fool!" etc
    but it will probably wont ever happen because there are (if i counted right) 111 class/race combos and that without talking about specs...
    Welcome to the new Blizzard, where cutting corners and skimping on details is the name of the game.

Think about how much potential for detail and lore there was in WoD. Remember all those mini-videos about each clan leader? So much wasted opportunity.... And don't get me started on how generic the Garrison was. Uhg...

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Welcome to the new Blizzard, where cutting corners and skimping on details is the name of the game.

Think about how much potential for detail and lore there was in WoD. Remember all those mini-videos about each clan leader? So much wasted opportunity.... And don't get me started on how generic the Garrison was. Uhg...
    just rewatched it now, it was the most epic video blizzard ever created.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I agree, give worgen druids a wolf form, I'd love to see an option for a scarlet crusade-esque monk for humans, with holy spells, using holy power, instead of chi. Goblin shamans need a drastic thematic overhaul, with technology incorporated into their spells, with a visual/thematic revamp of all spells based on animal/ancestral spirits.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-02-19 at 03:20 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Like the title says, if Legion is all about emphasizing class and spec fantasy, then why not take it one step further and apply it to certain race/class combinations? We see this already for example with the difference between Bloodlust to Heroism.

I think Blizzard is going to run into problems as well, as in Legion I can see a couple of specs that are really becoming more and more tied to one race's lore than another. For example, how come a Tauren Paladin is using an ability called 'Turalyon's Might'?

This is purely aesthetic, and only changes spell names, animations and icons.

Here are some examples of Race/Classes that could benefit:

Tauren Paladin
    - Sunwalker themed

Draenei Paladin
    - Naaru themed

Troll Druid
    - Loa Themed

Night Elf Priest
    - Elune Themed

Goblin/Gnome Hunters
    - Emphasis on Technology

Forsaken Priest
    - Shadowmending
    Yeah, should be quite possible. This reminds me a lot of SWTOR which ahs, for example, the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor as different classes but their spells are just the same but with a different appearance. So while the jedi throws stuff at people, the sith just shocks them.
    And they even go as far as making sure the stuff you throw is related to where you are, like rocks while on ground and debris while on city.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there should be racial themed transmogs armor and weapons for each class.

I mean, they used to have it with priests, sorta..
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Priest_racial_abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Jasqua View Post
    I mean, they used to have it with priests, sorta..
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Priest_racial_abilities
    That's not really the same thing though. We used to have Race specific Priest Abilities, but what I am suggesting is simply changing the aesthetics of existing abilities to complement their racial lore and style.

Deleted
    we should also get race and class specific quests but since we dont even have class specific quests and race specific quests are veeeery meh and basically non-existent i doubt we will get it (even with largest dev team ever in suposedly most successfull mmorpg ever made)

so yeah, this would cost us a raid tier, or even whole expansion. Awesome idea, written on these forums times and times again. People forgot to demand stuff over the years.

That's not really the same thing though. We used to have Race specific Priest Abilities, but what I am suggesting is simply changing the aesthetics of existing abilities to complement their racial lore and style.
    I know. I think they also got different Smite based on race too, though? Can't recall, really. I support the idea though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like the title says, if Legion is all about emphasizing class and spec fantasy, then why not take it one step further and apply it to certain race/class combinations? We see this already for example with the difference between Bloodlust to Heroism.

I think Blizzard is going to run into problems as well, as in Legion I can see a couple of specs that are really becoming more and more tied to one race's lore than another. For example, how come a Tauren Paladin is using an ability called 'Turalyon's Might'?

This is purely aesthetic, and only changes spell names, animations and icons.

Here are some examples of Race/Classes that could benefit:

Tauren Paladin
    - Sunwalker themed

Draenei Paladin
    - Naaru themed

Troll Druid
    - Loa Themed

Night Elf Priest
    - Elune Themed

Goblin/Gnome Hunters
    - Emphasis on Technology

Forsaken Priest
    - Shadowmending
    It would be awesome to have these things in. Aestethic feel is a very important thing. But i am sad to say that there is alot of barriers set up for this. The tech will simply not let you do this. They dont have anything implemented, that will allow special races to have unique quests/names, that only follows their race. IT would require alot of tech-work to make this and i would proberly be on blizzards side, if they say that this is too much work for too little content/effect.

Even if you changed some of the names, you would still have alot of spells and effects, that completly combats the races. Like the forsaken priest, having them use purely holy/naaru spells, would combat their name if they got the titel of shadwomenders.

So yeah, good ideer, but it would proberly require way too much work.

Just make a macro for every spell and change the name / icon to whatever you want.

Granted it won't change the animation but it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It would be awesome to have these things in. Aestethic feel is a very important thing. But i am sad to say that there is alot of barriers set up for this. The tech will simply not let you do this. They dont have anything implemented, that will allow special races to have unique quests/names, that only follows their race. IT would require alot of tech-work to make this and i would proberly be on blizzards side, if they say that this is too much work for too little content/effect.

Even if you changed some of the names, you would still have alot of spells and effects, that completly combats the races. Like the forsaken priest, having them use purely holy/naaru spells, would combat their name if they got the titel of shadwomenders.

So yeah, good ideer, but it would proberly require way too much work.
    I disagree that there are a lot of barriers in the way of something like this being implemented other than time. A system that allows Alliance Shaman to have Heroism while Horde Shaman have Bloodlust should allow for the same degree of customization just applied to a larger scale.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    Yeah, should be quite possible. This reminds me a lot of SWTOR which ahs, for example, the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor as different classes but their spells are just the same but with a different appearance. So while the jedi throws stuff at people, the sith just shocks them.
    And they even go as far as making sure the stuff you throw is related to where you are, like rocks while on ground and debris while on city.
    Their spells are more than just different appearance. There were some that are different damages. They are similar classes, not the same class. For example, the Consular does Kinetic Damage versus the Inquistor energy damage.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I would love this so much! I think the game is definitely in need of more race defining spells and gear. I think all the suggestions on this forum have been great. I would also add more specific armor that matched the racial feel of a class. Think for instance of plate armor that made a sunwalker look more like a warrior druid than a zealous paladin. Also... Totems. Please, its been 10 years now. I would also like some new armor that would match the blood knight tabard.

I would give 2 and a half entire raid tiers and their rehashed boss mechanics for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I would absolutely love it, but as NaNaaru says theres just too many race/class combinations for it to be feasible. That said, there are some smaller things that Blizzard could do to create a little more space between the races. For instance, they could easily give each Shaman race their own spirit wolf form since the form is nothing but an existing with transparent blue tint.
    This. These little tiny things would go so far. The return on such little work would be so much it's kinda mind boggling why they haven't done them yet.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus