Thread: Alpha Invites.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alpha Invites.

Just a quick question, but I always thought that alpha game invites were only for people like youtubers or serious gamers like top raiders, etc.. and then the beta was for the normal players like everyday players who don't excell in anything they do...

Just asking as both me and my son have been given alpha invites and we're just classed as normals who just play and don't shine in any way!!

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure its irrelevant.

They add more people as they go regardless, the first wave or 2 of invites is usually reserved for those people you mentioned... and those of us on the friends and family list.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Just a quick question, but I always thought that alpha game invites were only for people like youtubers or serious gamers like top raiders, etc.. and then the beta was for the normal players like everyday players who don't excell in anything they do...

Just asking as both me and my son have been given alpha invites and we're just classed as normals who just play and don't shine in any way!!
    Did you preorder Legion for yourselves? I have been getting reports from more and more people who are getting Alpha Access who have preordered the game, and being the part of the 'pleb', no offense meant to everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's almost always some random people in the Alpha so they can get a cross range of people to test. I thought they weren't going to do the "order and get access" anymore though after the last time.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's because you are special. Everybody is special in their own way. Just ask Mr. Rogers, he'll tell you.

"You make each day a special day. You know how, by just your being you. There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are."
    -Mr. Rogers

I've not pre-ordered it, in 2 minds as i've been playing it since vanilla, and now coming up to being nearly 50 and a granddad i'm getting a bit bored with some games (actually been playing x-com enemy unknown, and a few other older games)

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense but no you aren't special, alpha/beta invites after the first couple/few waves are just random, for instance I have multiple friends who haven't been subbed in 6+ months that have it, some even have it on two accounts and then there are mates who are hardcore 13/13M raiders that don't have it, nothing more then luck of the draw.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's mostly random, but there are a few metrics that are flagged.

Are you a streamer?
    Are you a youtuber?
    Have you been in mythic encounters?
    Do you meet (between x and y) system requirement?
    Were you in a previous beta and actively participated (not just play, but reported bugs and such)?

If you meet all these things and still don't have an alpha invite, I suggest purchasing a lotto ticket.

Luck of the draw. Hopefully you and your son will actually test stuff.

A friend of mine got an invite a few weeks ago. He's one of those super casuals who logs in 3 or 4 times a month, and can barely play his class well enough to make it through a heroic dungeon. And since he got the invite, he's logged into the alpha 3 times. Logs in, makes a new character, looks at the abilities, and logs off. No testing, questing, leveling, dungeons, nada. It's not that he doesn't have the time to test anything; he's just like "meh, not interested." I know I sound salty, and I am. So many people out there like myself and others who would love an invite to actually test out everything we can get our hands on, and yet people who couldn't care less are getting invites.

Congratulations on getting the invites. Please put them to good use.

7+ Year Old Account
    First wave is Friends and Family Alpha, second wave is media coverage (YouTube, Twitch, blogs, websites, etc.), and after that it is free game. At least for Warlords of Draenor, Blizzard handed out invites to players who stayed subscribed for a certain amount of time.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

This alpha is nothing like they have done before. This is a new way of testing. Its basically a beta with a lot of stuff missing. So they call it a alpha. That way they can get away with it, wihtout a tonne of players going "my god the beta sucks, no way they can be done in time"

I have also got alpha invite and im loving it. Reported a lot of bugs, but i was probably late and just rereported them. but how can i know when i find nothing about the issue on the official forums ?

Also like to add that i have not done any raiding in hellfire, nor did i have a active subscription when i got invited. So thats not important to get an invite.
    I have pre-ordered Legion however. But doubt that matters
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2016-02-18 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who killed Mythic Archimonde gets invite, so quite a lot people in Alpha anyway.

I would not be surprised to see them also invite random people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a beginner Youtuber, e-mailed Blizzard directly about my channel, what I do, etc, gave 2 GM tickets about this matter also, and killed Mythic Archimonde and 11 year old account. Guess what? No Alpha
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Everyone who killed Mythic Archimonde gets invite, so quite a lot people in Alpha anyway.

Killed him, not invited yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Did you preorder Legion for yourselves? I have been getting reports from more and more people who are getting Alpha Access who have preordered the game, and being the part of the 'pleb', no offense meant to everyone.
    Pre-ordered Digital Deluxe minutes after pre-order's went live during Blizzcon and no alpha.

It really is luck of the draw.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2016-02-18 at 10:15 PM.

Everyone who killed Mythic Archimonde gets invite
    To be clear this is not true. For sure a lot of mythic raiders are invited to help test but there are people with the mythic Archimonde kill who do not yet have access to the alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    It's mostly random, but there are a few metrics that are flagged.

Are you a streamer?
    Are you a youtuber?
    Have you been in mythic encounters?
    Do you meet (between x and y) system requirement?
    Were you in a previous beta and actively participated (not just play, but reported bugs and such)?

If you meet all these things and still don't have an alpha invite, I suggest purchasing a lotto ticket.
    The above criteria are brown, smell vaguely of excrement, and there is even a kernel of corn in there somewhere... obviously indicating where these criteria were pulled from.

Have the feeling it's totally random at this point. I got in about week ago and haven't pre-ordered nor do i have any mythic kills or any real raiding in WoD for that matter.

They stopped those invites a few weeks ago. It was just over a month ago that they cut off the mythic Archi kill players getting automatic invites.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Once after the F and F waves and the whole blogger YouTube waves it's luck of the draw, only exception was a wave of mythic raiders when they were testing 2 raid bosses 2 days later, but that doesn't mean you still get a free pass now if u are a mythic raider.

Every time they do waves now they just flick on a computer and it draws from the opt-in pool as long as the wave goes on, but with Overwatch having 8m opt-ins and WoW probably the same or even more you might as well play Euromillions, you got a 1 in about 8m chance to get drawn from the pool, you got about a 1 in 12 million chance to win Euromillions,

Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    First wave is Friends and Family Alpha, second wave is media coverage (YouTube, Twitch, blogs, websites, etc.), and after that it is free game. At least for Warlords of Draenor, Blizzard handed out invites to players who stayed subscribed for a certain amount of time.
    Yeah Alpha started as FaF and media. Following that initial wave appeared to be 13/13M raiders (you had to have killed Archimonde prior to that date). After that it seems that random people have been getting in every once in a while. I would assume every time they have release a new build more people will get in. People should just know that the builds they're releasing now are changing a lot (major class changes as well as new features already announced). Basically meaning each build will more than likely be several weeks apart.