Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No, ditzy skanks aren't attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    What would you think of a girl who is intelligent and is interested in science when she was young but becomes a cheerleader and acts ditsy and loves dancing and pop music once she reaches Jr High/Middle School?

Have you ever known a intelligent girl who dumbs herself down to get the attention of men?

Do you think ditsy girls are more attractive?
    I was expecting something a bit different by the thread title. Basically tastes change. I didn't know many girls that ended up doing this tbh. You can be a smart privy science oriented chick and be a cheerleader Example: my graduating class had 112 students in it, which was the largest for my CSD at the time, and we had to have many people that were into a ton of things in order to have all the things a large school had. Plenty of the girls on the cheer leading squad were on the Women's Lax team, Women's BB team, the Softball team, and were in the SUPA(Syracuse University Advanced Placement)/AP Science classes (our school offered SUPA Chem and Physics).

All of that being said. Ditzy girls are seen as "easy" by predatorial young guys. If she's cute and airheaded a guy thinks he has a better chance of sticking it to her and leaving before she gets up.

I believe this was a thing of the past, not so true anymore. Personally, I need a smart woman. Dumb just turns me off and makes me want to get away.

What you stated is not ditsy. What you stated is a balanced person. She can be intelligent and a cheerleader.

With that said, when I was younger, ditsy girls always had something about them that would catch my attention. Now that I'm older, it annoys me, especially if it is intentional. Some girls are just naturally like that, and that's fine. Others are just putting on a show to make themselves seem cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ditzy? I'm getting too old for this here internet...I need an old-fart version. :/

I like a good,reasonable brain...that is used a lot.
    I am not a fan of the "air head" type.

More power to you if you like it.

Ditzy..yeah..early ish 80's is when I can recall hearing it used...during the Valley Girl "revolution"
    Who says MTV never spread anything culturally relevant? Well, when they played music ...videos that is.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-02-20 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I've always thought that the, "Girls who are smart make themselves into dummies because boys are dumb and like that!" thing was something that only existed in movies.

Of course, "things that don't really exist" tend to be awesome rallying points for certain groups.....
    Women who openly display extreme amounts of cunning due to very high emotional intelligence can be intimidating to some men. Even the smartest man can be emotionally manipulated by a far less intelligent woman, if he leaves himself open to that avenue of attack, and often times men do.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    I never found that kind of person attractive, just annoying. It makes social situations feel as though you're training a puppy.

Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-02-20 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, this is spot on. In a relationship both the man and woman want the man to appear smarter, at least it's on of those things where the woman shouldn't lord her intelligence over her mate. If a woman chose to act dumber it would increase her pool of mates to select from.
    Fuck that shit. No woman should hide her intelligence ever. A woman choosing to act dumber does not increase her pool of mates, acting like a stupid ditz is not attractive.

I don't date men who aren't close to my intelligence level, and I have no issues meeting men.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My patience with people is already extremely limited. This would just give me another reason to not interact with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Fuck that shit. No woman should hide her intelligence ever. A woman choosing to act dumber does not increase her pool of mates, acting like a stupid ditz is not attractive.

I don't date men who aren't close to my intelligence level, and I have no issues meeting men.
    You either vastly overrate your intelligence or live in some metropolis of genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not both? Smart girls can be quirky and air-headed at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I prefer "ditzy" women honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupimus View Post
    You either vastly overrate your intelligence or live in some metropolis of genius.
    I didn't rate my intelligence either way, most people don't need to scour the entire planet to find people in your IQ range. Hence why I stated it is unnecessary for women to dumb down their intelligence to find a mate...not sure who the hell would do that, but someone who does something like that deserves the moron they end up with...

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it depends. I'd rather be around a ditzy happy girl than a cynical smart girl.

No. But overly intelligent girls can be annoying.

Everything in balance...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

They are annoying

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I guess it depends. I'd rather be around a ditzy happy girl than a cynical smart girl.
    I don't see how that is relevant.

If a question is asked, "Do you prefer Coke or Dr. Pepper?" you shouldn't answer, "Well I'd rather drink the Coke if the Dr. Pepper has mold in it."

On-topic: if someone just seems really stupid then I find it unattractive. It's sort of like women who only heal or click their abilities in wow.

Personally yes, "Ditzy" girls are much more fun making them more attractive to me becasue they are not always trying to one up me and im not trying to one up them. Hyper intelligent girls think they have something to prove to me for some reason but I couldn't care less becasue I just want to enjoy my time with that person.

That said im sure there are some who love their partner trying to one up them and getting one up on their partner because they love competition (I know many people like that) its just a case of preference. If you are not naturally ditzy and don't want to act ditzy don't. Don't make yourself stupid or stop trying just becasue you think it makes you less attractive to someone though becasue realistically even if you entered that relationship you are not going to enjoy yourself as much as you think.

Also ditzy does not mean unintelligent just air headed or absent minded (I am also quite absent minded).
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    What is with your obsession with cheerleaders? It's really trite. Why not put it all in a megathread?
    Pretty sure he has 3-4 locked in his basement.