The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Is the Left sliding into Intellectual Lazyness and Conspiracy?

The video has speaker Brendan O'Neill in which he argues (I think effectively) that the Political Left in Europe especially has become conspiratorial and to a great extent a promoter of Anti-Semitism in the process.

The line between criticism of Israeli policy and Jews are now completely dissolved. For example now often people will go to great length to emphasis that "Israeli's love slaughtering children!" which is an odd accusation since no other warlike State is accused of such a thing, I've never heard China, North Korea, or really even ISIS, ect as being explicitly decried as thirsting for child blood. Of course there is a dark similarity between this charge and the claim that Jews used to eat christian children or use their blood to make Matsa. This is also never said about Britain during its worst Imperial exercises, or the United States in particular.

Or Israel controls western politics and or banking, just look at Ad-Busters, a respected Leftie media outfit that ran a rarely spoken of article basically labeling which senators are Jews. Much akin to the claim that Jews run the governments. Or that Israel is the source of global instability which is a popular belief among Europeans, freakishly similar to the belief in bygone centuries that the Jews were cause of social strife and instability.

I think its fairly compelling, has the Left or in general anyone but Brendan focuses on the Left since that is the locus of Anti-Israeli activism, become somewhat fanatically conspiratorial and Anti-semitic? I think yes, though I suspect this will not be without controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    I feel pretty intellectually lazy right about now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Israel pretends to be a Western country yet doesn't follow Western laws of how to behave.
    That is why people criticize it.

There is no lazyness and there isn't a conspiracy.
    You have no singled your goodness, and oddly lack of will to actually discuss the topic at hand. Do you care to actually discuss the topic ORRRRRRR go off topic to virtue signal?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you have against the "left" and why do you seem to think they are some sort of hive mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    What do you have against the "left" and why do you seem to think they are some sort of hive mind?
    It's concern trolling. That's it.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Basically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Basically.
    Would you like me to discuss only issues with Conservatives from here on out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You have no singled your goodness, and oddly lack of will to actually discuss the topic at hand. Do you care to actually discuss the topic ORRRRRRR go off topic to virtue signal?
    I don't think it is anti-Semitic to criticize Israel for some of its actions.

I defend actions like bombing an apartment complex when Hamas has a rocket launcher on top of it, but forcing people to leave their homes so you can extend your wall and build more settlements is indefensible. Yet when one says that, they are labeled an anti-Semite in some circles.

If anyone is conspiratorial its the US media and Israel...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/17/opinio...thriving-oren/

This article goes on about how anti-Semitic Europe is because they hosted the President of Iran during the Holocaust Remembrance Day and were signing billion dollar trade deals with a holocaust denying state rather than memorializing the holocaust... I mean really?

The final paragraph of that article:

"Whether by Sweden's foreign minister condemning Israel merely for defending its citizens from terror, or France's foreign minister threatening to recognize Palestine unless Israel participates in his conference to recognize Palestine, Europe seems obsessed with Jews. Unfortunately, that obsession -- characterized by the singling out and demonizing Jews while embracing their murderers -- keeps European anti-Antisemitism thriving."

Really...?

You can if you like, but I don't think much of vague hand wringing regardless of who its about.

Basically.
    Has your safe space been violated wells? cant take the criticism on your ideology?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Does Theo identify as left or right of center? It's impossible for a person who is openly on the opposite side to be concern trolling, it goes against the premise of the term.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Do you want to discuss how there is a big hive-mind like conspiracy among the left, while at the same time being intellectually lazy or do you want to discuss Israel?
    Well I did create a thread critical of Conservative love of Capitalism and I notice very few of the paragons of Liberalism and Leftism such as yourself bothered to participate in that discussion so it seems your only interested when its "your side," under a lens. And no, the thread isn't about a "lefty conspiracy," its about Conspiratorial thinking becoming more commonplace.

The thread isn't about Israel really, its a meta conversation about the conversation of Israel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Does Theo identify as left or right of center? It's impossible for a person who is openly on the opposite side to be concern trolling, it goes against the premise of the term.
    I think most would describe me as Conservative in outlook and habit. But then again I've found myself in agreement with Anarchists, favoring Taoism and Buddhism, and am personally skeptical of Capitalism. So I suppose a kind of Peter Hitchensy Conservatism without the Christianity or the Anglophilia.

Then again other peoples definitions about me range wildly. My Nationalism thread certainly got me labelled in very unsavory ways. D:
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-02-20 at 08:27 PM.

its about Conspiratorial thinking becoming more commonplace.
    A claim for which you've offered....nothing to support. Just a reference to "Ad-Busters" and someone on the libertarian right saying the same. Just vague hand wringing

7+ Year Old Account
    A claim for which you've offered....nothing to support. Just a reference to "Ad-Busters" and someone on the libertarian right saying the same. Just vague hand wringing
    .... Well its actually Brendan O'Neill's claim. I am just the person posting it and finding it a compelling case.

I.E. his evidence is that which he spoke of in the video.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think most would describe me as Conservative in outlook and habit. But then again I've found myself in agreement with Anarchists, favoring Taoism and Buddhism, and am personally skeptical of Capitalism. So I suppose a kind of Peter Hitchensy Conservatism without the Christianity or the Anglophilia.
    I see. As far as "concern trolling", it would only apply if you claimed to be firmly left, but secretly held entirely critical opinions.

Which the accusation directly goes with the claim that the left is lazy and conspiratorial. "You're not a real ally, you're just pretending!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather you didn't discuss either with sweeping generalizations.

Lefties can concern troll lefties. Righties can concern troll righties. Righties can concern troll lefties. Lefties can concern troll righties.

Identifying as being in the opposite political spectrum doesn't mean you can never be concern trolling. It's professing fake concern for a cause you never initially supported in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

I see. As far as "concern trolling", it would only apply if you claimed to be firmly left, but secretly held entirely critical opinions.

Which the accusation directly goes with the claim that the left is lazy and conspiratorial. "You're not a real ally, you're just pretending!"
    It's an accusation of arguing in bad faith.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems to be serving no purpose other than to passive-aggressively bash people's political views, so I'm locking it here.