Thread: Legacy buff

Legacy buff

When does the legacy buff starts? For example if lvl 70 enters Molten Core, would he have the buff and oneshot everything?

im not exactly sure but i thought it was content 20lvls below you
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Well I know we don't get it in MoP content at max level but that we do get it in Cataclysm content at max level
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well I know we don't get it in MoP content at max level but that we do get it in Cataclysm content at max level
    had to do with the stat squish....they said a while back that mists wont be affected because it's post-squish but because of the way the ilvl's were changed before then, they'd have the "invisible buff" on you for all content prior to mists....

darque

It does, ok. Just entered MC as lvl69 mage and mobs hit me for like 10dmg and i hit them for ~10k

11 levels higher than the content.

It's why it doesn't apply to MOP stuff yet. It will when we get to 101 or higher.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

It's why it doesn't apply to MOP stuff yet. It will when we get to 101 or higher.
    Do you have a source for this?
    It's correct for max level stuff, but contradicts the poster above you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a lvl 70 was to enter MC, you would get a buff, but you wouldn't one-shot everything, you would take something like 50% less damage and do 5x more damage.

Its based on previous expansion. Lvl 60 raids, you get a buff at 61+. 70 raids, 71+, 80 raids, 81+, 85 raids, 86+. The buff gets bigger as you get higher lvl.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The exact formulas were posted a while back, and its expansion based - Each raid has a flag for its respective expansion with a lvl range, and if your lvl is higher then that lvl range, you get the boost. MoP raids do NOT have a flag for that, and neither do WoD raids. Its why you don't get a buff to solo old content in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Item levels 1 - 463 were squished, and this means MoP content was not included.

MoP content won't have the legacy buff until they do another squish

Deleted
    1 level above given expansion's level cap (works up and including Cataclysm)

Sometimes I encountered level 71-73 queueing a TBC dungeon on LFD and he just soloed the place one-shotting everything. We were completely redundant there.

This is a bit silly. Should kick in 10 lvl's above content intended level.

It kicks in when you are >10 level above the mob by what I can tell. So basically it works on everything but MoP bosses which are level 103 for hit table reasons.

It only counts towards the non-squished content, it probably won't exist for MOP in Legion since MOP was squished. The reason for the buff was because they squished all the numbers, but only for MOP and WOD content. Pre MOP has the original values, given that people were doing more dps at the end of Cataclysm at 85 than we were doing at the start of WOD at level 100, it would not have made much sense.

So they put in the mega-zerg buff. MOP will likely not have it, won't need it anyway.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It only counts towards the non-squished content, it probably won't exist for MOP in Legion since MOP was squished. The reason for the buff was because they squished all the numbers, but only for MOP and WOD content. Pre MOP has the original values, given that people were doing more dps at the end of Cataclysm at 85 than we were doing at the start of WOD at level 100, it would not have made much sense.

So they put in the mega-zerg buff. MOP will likely not have it, won't need it anyway.
    That is actually incorrect - Gear from ~ilvl 90 (TBC entry lvl) on up was squished. The hp values don't look squished because blizzard changed how you got HP (Increased from 14 hp per stamina+base health, to 60 hp per stamina, no base health, which resulted in HUGE hp boosts at all levels).
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    That is actually incorrect - Gear from ~ilvl 90 (TBC entry lvl) on up was squished. The hp values don't look squished because blizzard changed how you got HP (Increased from 14 hp per stamina+base health, to 60 hp per stamina, no base health, which resulted in HUGE hp boosts at all levels).
    Boss health, the raids only got squished up to Cataclysm, MOP is running current numbers. They explained this prior to WOD launch, the Legacy buff is only available in content prior to MOP, it's only needed in that content because that content was not squished.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4