Master of Orion returns!

http://masteroforion.com/news

Im so excited to see this series return. Hopefully they stick to MoO and MoO2 and less like the 3rd game.

Anyone else enjoy this series?

Now if someone would just make an Asheron's Call 3 and Ill be in heaven.

I am super interested. 4x games are my thing.

Th voice cast they got for the game is incredibly impressive. Mark Hamill, Michael Dorn, Robert England, John De Lance, Alan Tudyk... incredible.

I actually just bought MoO2 on GoG a few weeks ago and played it. It is still a very fun game, especially considered I paid less than $2 for it.

We will see, I am excited but many times these games just cannot recreate the magic.

I would very much like for this game to be good, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been following it from afar and I'll wait for the reviews to see how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be giving it a grab. Love me some MoO.

Master of Magic next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was a huge fan of MOO and MOO2. MOO3 exists in some alternate timeline that future generations built a time machine for the express purpose of going back and making sure it was never made. I picked up the early access and I'm enjoying it. Concerned its too simple but hopefully plenty more mechanics and content will get added. Quill and arumba have playthroughs up.

Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Absolutely loved the first two, spent a lot of my childhood on them. If they can do themselves justice with this I'm definitely on board.

So are any of the original staff actually working on this? Or is this just MOO in name only after they bought the IP in a fire sale?

No matter how well-meaning they are, just using a name doesn't mean it will be a good game if its not the same studio. Never heard of the them, and their supposed publisher has no other listed games either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    So are any of the original staff actually working on this? Or is this just MOO in name only after they bought the IP in a fire sale?

No matter how well-meaning they are, just using a name doesn't mean it will be a good game if its not the same studio. Never heard of the them, and their supposed publisher has no other listed games either.
    It's a different team and the company behind is Cyprus' biggest tax payer aka Wargaming.net the guys behind Massive Assault and World of Tanks but they have assembled a special team of their own for this. Given from what I've seen they are right on track.

I mean everyone wants a new MoO game, least of them wants a modern reskin. The difficulty will be to remain faithful to the successful title in this series while adding something new of their own. Since the field has been dominated by a few other games in this genre I am pretty sure they know that they cannot slack or drive another MoO game against the wall as Atari/Quicksilver did with MoO3. They tried to make something completely new, complex and super-eclectic and created the worst Excel clone in existence.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

So I hadn't actually looked into this until now...

No Elerians.
    No Gnolam.
    No Trilarians.
    BUT WE GOT ALL YOUR FURRY RACES!
    And Darloks look like fucking Quarians now.

This thing better play well...