Herald of the Titans as dps warrior

Hello, fellow warriors,

I need some advice for a herald of the titans group I´ll be joining in a few IDs.
    I´m currently planning on joining on my warrior alt, as it is my only toon in that level range. Now I wonder how "viable" a dps warrior is for that task.
    Mastery is nearly impossible to get, as reforging is gone and there are no mastery items available in the accepted range. Only enchant stuff.
    Reck and the lvl 90 talents are both unavailable, so no dps cd and Arms is lacking CS, as it is a lvl 81 skill.
    I know all the rules and equipment sources for the achivement, but WoD related information about specs and classes is hard to find.

So my hope was that maybe some of you have experience with the achivement as a dps warrior with WoD specs.

Is one of the warrior specs good enough in terms of raw dps with so many factors unavailable at that level?
    Do you think/know if Arms or Fury is the better choice for that task?
    Any other warrior specific tricks worth knowing?

Any help or hint is highly appreciated

You can use level 100 enchants on neck/rings/cloak for a massive mastery boost. Warrior is one of the weakest classes at level 80 for dps though, you'd likely do just as much damage while tanking the boss as Protection. All 3 specs are of similar level but Arms will pull ahead somewhat in Execute..

Otherwise though you're choosing between 2 very meh dps specs or a decent tank spec, all 3 will provide similar actual dps. Should be mentioned though that Herald of the Titans is really easy now, so long as your healers keep your tanks up and are not getting themselves killed it's pretty easy.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    My guild 8 manned it and I died about 30 seconds in.

It's really, really easy with the potions from Mists of Pandaria (pre-pot and second as soon as it's off CD).

Half our group were literally just level 80 with the vendor bought epics and the rest of our slots as heirlooms.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

@Bigbazz Yes, that is what I expected. Tank position is already filled, so I will be dps. Either I accept being a bit lowish and just do 2 more levels (play warrior main for 10 years, so this class will suit me best) or roll a new toon for this achievemnt only, since I do not need any more alts.

@Mrgummage I read that it should have become a good bit more difficult since WoD launch, so no idea if you did it before or after. But since I will prepare gear as much as possible, it is good to hear that vendorstuff could also suffice.

It's more difficult in WOD by quite a bit because classes became weaker at 80 compared to MOP, it's still very easy though compared to the original achievement, you could still 8 man it.. You just probably can't 2man it anymore, something that happened during MOP. I've done Herald a few times to help out friends and I did it on a Warrior.

I'd say go Fury. Arms without CSmash is just godawful (imo). Sure it won't be perfect, but Fury plays much better at 80 than Arms does (again imo).

Hm, since gear between those two will hardly differ on that level, I will see what I will play when I am done gearing. Currently playing Arms and I think it plays "ok", but damage could be better. Need some trinkets still, so hard to tell the possible output. T8 Items all have Crit/Haste, since other stats do not exist.

Big question is, if I socket strength, crit or mastery. Doubt that is sim-able :X

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    Hm, since gear between those two will hardly differ on that level, I will see what I will play when I am done gearing. Currently playing Arms and I think it plays "ok", but damage could be better. Need some trinkets still, so hard to tell the possible output. T8 Items all have Crit/Haste, since other stats do not exist.

Big question is, if I socket strength, crit or mastery. Doubt that is sim-able :X
    For Arms, STR all the way. Think about what crit and mastery buff on your 80 lvl active spells and the answer is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You can use level 100 enchants on neck/rings/cloak for a massive mastery boost. Warrior is one of the weakest classes at level 80 for dps though, you'd likely do just as much damage while tanking the boss as Protection. All 3 specs are of similar level but Arms will pull ahead somewhat in Execute..
    With Naxx/Ulduar gear, 232 weapons, a lot of sockets, the best possible enchants and Cata Flask/Food/Pot you can reach crazy amounts of Crit, Mastery and Strength on level 80. We had a Fury Warrior in our Herald group who mains a Warlock normally and got only a quick introduction to Fury from me. He did exceptionally well.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

I am not sure if it is really *that* much of crit that you can reach. Currently my character looks like that:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vawyra/simple

Still some blues, the heirloom trinket needs to go and I have 1-2 Int pieces on that will be replaced and were for testing purposes only. Leaves me with 16% Crit (+4T8 bonus). Gems will change that, but doesn´t seem to help too much. And if I socket strength, it actually doesn´t change at all.

Enchants still missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmion View Post
    I am not sure if it is really *that* much of crit that you can reach. Currently my character looks like that:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vawyra/simple

Still some blues, the heirloom trinket needs to go and I have 1-2 Int pieces on that will be replaced and were for testing purposes only. Leaves me with 16% Crit (+4T8 bonus). Gems will change that, but doesn´t seem to help too much. And if I socket strength, it actually doesn´t change at all.

Enchants still missing.
    No enchants, half of your slots suboptimally geared, too few sockets, no Fury spec.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

So you think that Fury will be significantly better? Again, hard for me to find any specific data other than experience of people who did it

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    With Naxx/Ulduar gear, 232 weapons, a lot of sockets, the best possible enchants and Cata Flask/Food/Pot you can reach crazy amounts of Crit, Mastery and Strength on level 80. We had a Fury Warrior in our Herald group who mains a Warlock normally and got only a quick introduction to Fury from me. He did exceptionally well.
    Define exceptionally well, mine is full geared (not full BIS but full 226 with 232 weapons) and I was pretty much last on damage both back in MOP and in WOD, Prot/Arms/Fury all about equal and the Warlocks/Enhance shaman doing 11k dps, at level 80, I was doing like half that, and it's not as if I lack the ability, it's just that Warrior is one of the weakest classes for damage output in a sustained single target at level 80.

Deleted
    Did this on an Assassination Rogue back in MoP, bursted 47k and finished on 33k. Needless to say I apologize for making it more difficult for the rest of you </3

You'll probably do more DPS as prot than either of the actual DPS specs though.

Thanks, that helped a lot! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Define exceptionally well, mine is full geared (not full BIS but full 226 with 232 weapons) and I was pretty much last on damage both back in MOP and in WOD, Prot/Arms/Fury all about equal and the Warlocks/Enhance shaman doing 11k dps, at level 80, I was doing like half that, and it's not as if I lack the ability, it's just that Warrior is one of the weakest classes for damage output in a sustained single target at level 80.
    I don't remember exact numbers but I was pulling around 10k DPS with my Warlock and Fury was really close. Don't know if it has something to do with changes in 6.2 maybe or me playing Lock suboptimally. Boss will die not long after Lust duration anyway. As long as Tank and add duty is done properly DPS shouldn't be a problem. Actually, I was a bit disappointed how easy it was. So I wouldn't worry too much about setup.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain