Does Legendary Ring change dps raid positioning?

Having the 20 yard proc on the Legendary ring, does that make positioning for the ring on each boss different than if it wasn't there? I think it should but I sometimes don't see raid markers really at the 20 yard line or less from the boss.

Deleted
    only the one activating the ring has to be in range to trigger the massive damage

and yes, a lot of effort is done to make sure the right target is hit

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneFrostFire View Post
    only the one activating the ring has to be in range to trigger the massive damage

and yes, a lot of effort is done to make sure the right target is hit
    and by alot of effort you mean a melee uses the ring and stands in melee right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    and by alot of effort you mean a melee uses the ring and stands in melee right?
    Or like standing at max melee range on the other side of a boss so it dosnt cleave that waaaaay too much work.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Iskar, maybe Tyrant phase 3, and the initial Mannoroth ring are the only ones that really stand out to me in terms of positioning, maybe Reaver if you're trying to avoid it splitting with a bomb. If anything its more about the timing of when its used than where on the field its used.

On mythic Tyrant one of the raids I play in likes to explode the p2 ring only on the boss. The ranged player using it moves out a little bit between the camps and the add is dragged off the boss for a short moment. Works there for us. I don't think that is too common though.
    Generally I think that timing of alot of things in raids is much more influenced by the ring than positioning is. Positioning is sometimes influenced by other concerns - like blademaster trinkets or mage crystals.