Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    "the only endgame you want is playtime" - Kungen.

I didn't expect to hear something like this from a once Hardcore raider. Having played on a private realm the past week, I am only level 22 and ahead of me is a huge journey (lots of deaths/struggles),I am preparing my character the best I can with professions and dungeons/quests. I can't do it all at once so I have to make what feel like big decisions on how to manage my time and resources just to stay ahead. But the game is already far more engaging than any casual content WoD offersl.
    and all this is with (I assume) knowing the overall structure of questing areas in the world, class abilities, etc., and even basic stuff like 'where each vendor and flight point for x y and z are in each city and town). For a new player, just putting all those pieces together (the old term is exploring) added substantial effort and time to the curve.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    If you want unbiased opinion about Vanilla, this guy is to go:

Wow REALLY embarrassing from some one like Kungen, who is apparently so washed up he doesn't even know when LFG was put in?
    That takes a special kind of hard core, to admit that the game was better before people cared about being hard core.

Seriously, listen to what he says.
    "Classic was the best because I could be a casual and no one cared."

That's pathetic, but whats even worse is that he tries to claim that raiding was at some point not important.

Maybe when servers had 100 max levels on them for the first year of the game, but raiding was ALWAYS the focus of development. This should be obvious when simply looking at patch cycles, but apparently when you are so bad at actually remembering things about the game this is what happens.

Classic did a lot of things right, but way more things wrong. All he is remembering is a time when he had no clue what he was doing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Biggest boom? I thought the sub numbers began to lower when they started the accessibility crap? I better go check the statistics again..
    highly likely western subs peaked shortly after western wotlk release. a change in china provider directly led to china subs hitting high for a whlie including into cataclysm release (worldwide).
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've got enough classic WoW-themed threads open right now.